Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for sure man. I'm actually a huge huge fan of this series so it's killing me that I haven't been able to play it yet. I'll have to buy it for myself for my birthday at the end of the month or for Christmas. Can't wait to get it on here after I play it and fully give my thoughts on it and compare to the rest in the series.

Nice and by the way I just finished getting 100% completion last night!

Agreed. It's funny too, considering the concern about Hamill and Conroy not voicing the characters.

From what I understand it'll be like the most wanted selection wheel.

Conroy not voicing Batman is the biggest positive of AO's Batman.

*ducks for cover*

As much as I obviously love Conroy and Hamill, I also loved Baker and Smith. I thought they did a great job.

Nice and by the way I just finished getting 100% completion last night!

Awesome! I 100%'d Asylum, City and Origins, so I'm certainly going to do the same with Knight. Especially since you need it for the real/good ending.

I've been reading over the past few pages and noticed I managed to miss all the great AO discussion. Darn.

Still, my sincere thanks to The Joker for quoting and complimenting me in his argument. Oddly means a lot.

I'm kind of personally baffled as to how someone could think Knight has a great plot. Getting away from how the militia invasion casts a shroud of banality over the atmosphere, the entire story basically hinges upon the twist. As with AC, there is a fine concept here of Scarecrow trying to create a nightmare scape of fear over the Eastern Seaboard in alliance with a mysterious newcomer - less juicy than Escape From New York crossed with Batman, but fine nevertheless - but this is largely thrown away in favour of history's most predictable twist.

A good twist changes the narrative, and moreover adds meaning to it. It is unexpected, but could also be predicted, and after the twist is laid down there is an exploration of its consequences.

The Jason Todd twist examined through this framework:
- Unexpected: No, it is incredibly predictable, made worse by having to ham-handedly first confirm that Jason exists, then bring him forth.
- Changes the Narrative: No again. Nothing is done with Jason Todd as a character once he is revealed. Nothing. He comes back without dialogue for three seconds to help Batman, then nothing. In fact, as I was discussing with a friend, the name of Jason Todd is never even brought up past the twist - not Barbara nor Alfred nor Robin nor Nightwing have anything to say about this revelation. It is the ultimate symbol of how Rocksteady saw him as a character: for a dramatic unmasking, and nothing more.
- Adds Meaning: No. It is pretty impossible to in fact - we never know what Jason was even like as a character before he was tortured, hence his vague dialogue that amounts to little more than edgy teenage trash talk without the bite. Someone suggested once here that one of the Robin missions should have had a Scarecrow nightmare sections, and Batman would see Tim as Jason, and we could get both some great sequences and characterisation there. But alas, it was not to be. All that matters is the twist (and lack thereof).
- Exploration of Consequences: None. As mentioned above, Jason is not even namechecked afterward. The story moves to another tank battle followed by Scarecrow finally getting a good scene, which then devolves into a non-gaming cutscene for about twenty minutes.
- Predictable: Yes. It's about the only part the game does right, and it still manages to do wrong. Rocksteady seems to think a character must be shocked in order for the audience to be shocked. As such, Batman in any of their games cannot discover the twist, thus making him look a poor detective. Compare Heart of Ice, wherein the shock of Mr. Freeze's origin is discovered by Batman in his detective work, or even Origins, where Batman is shocked, but at least in scenes like with the Apartment we see him get closer and closer to the truth.

:applaud

I wonder exactly when Season of Infamy takes place, I also really hope there are boss fights(non vehicular)in it!

I am starting to think it is going to take place during Xmas because we have yet to hear any thing more about it and I think it is going to be the biggest DLC so it would make sinces to go out with a bane on the DLC and yeah I hope we get some boss fights. My 2 biggest issues with the game where lack of challenge maps but that is being improved with the season pass and lack of boss fights.

Awesome! I 100%'d Asylum, City and Origins, so I'm certainly going to do the same with Knight. Especially since you need it for the real/good ending.

I got 100% in both AA and AC and now this game. I didn't get 100% in AO though because I was at like 94% when I found out that you had to be the dark knight challenges in story mode and if you didn't at certain parts there as no way to beat them. I didn't know that in till like early this year and I didn't want to have to restart after putting in over 100 hours on the game and some of those Dark knight challenges are really hard.

I've been reading over the past few pages and noticed I managed to miss all the great AO discussion. Darn.

Still, my sincere thanks to The Joker for quoting and complimenting me in his argument. Oddly means a lot.

I'm kind of personally baffled as to how someone could think Knight has a great plot. Getting away from how the militia invasion casts a shroud of banality over the atmosphere, the entire story basically hinges upon the twist. As with AC, there is a fine concept here of Scarecrow trying to create a nightmare scape of fear over the Eastern Seaboard in alliance with a mysterious newcomer - less juicy than Escape From New York crossed with Batman, but fine nevertheless - but this is largely thrown away in favour of history's most predictable twist.

A good twist changes the narrative, and moreover adds meaning to it. It is unexpected, but could also be predicted, and after the twist is laid down there is an exploration of its consequences.

- Unexpected: No, it is incredibly predictable, made worse by having to ham-handedly first confirm that Jason exists, then bring him forth.
- Changes the Narrative: No again. Nothing is done with Jason Todd as a character once he is revealed. Nothing. He comes back without dialogue for three seconds to help Batman, then nothing. In fact, as I was discussing with a friend, the name of Jason Todd is never even brought up past the twist - not Barbara nor Alfred nor Robin nor Nightwing have anything to say about this revelation. It is the ultimate symbol of how Rocksteady saw him as a character: for a dramatic unmasking, and nothing more.
- Adds Meaning: No. It is pretty impossible to in fact - we never know what Jason was even like as a character before he was tortured, hence his vague dialogue that amounts to little more than edgy teenage trash talk without the bite. Someone suggested once here that one of the Robin missions should have had a Scarecrow nightmare sections, and Batman would see Tim as Jason, and we could get both some great sequences and characterisation there. But alas, it was not to be. All that matters is the twist (and lack thereof).
- Exploration of Consequences: None. As mentioned above, Jason is not even namechecked afterward. The story moves to another tank battle followed by Scarecrow finally getting a good scene, which then devolves into a non-gaming cutscene for about twenty minutes.
- Predictable: Yes. It's about the only part the game does right, and it still manages to do wrong. Rocksteady seems to think a character must be shocked in order for the audience to be shocked. As such, Batman in any of their games cannot discover the twist, thus making him look a poor detective. Compare Heart of Ice, wherein the shock of Mr. Freeze's origin is discovered by Batman in his detective work, or even Origins, where Batman is shocked, but at least in scenes like with the Apartment we see him get closer and closer to the truth.

giphy.gif

I got 100% in both AA and AC and now this game. I didn't get 100% in AO though because I was at like 94% when I found out that you had to be the dark knight challenges in story mode and if you didn't at certain parts there as no way to beat them. I didn't know that in till like early this year and I didn't want to have to restart after putting in over 100 hours on the game and some of those Dark knight challenges are really hard.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I had the same problem, I was so much of a sucker though that I did everything over again to get 100%. That was one of my biggest problems with Origins, it just wasn't well thought out. There were also times were the game was so glitchy that even though I completed a side mission it would tell me that I hadn't. Confused the hell out of me.

"Unannounced in the patch notes, update 1.08 has added additional gadgets for the non-DLC allies in their solo challenge maps.

Robin has the Explosive Gel back (but not Quickfireable, for some reason), along with the Remote Hacking Device. He also has Batman's Special Combo Batarang Shuriken move now, but it seems to be glitchy - holding L2 will always use up your Special Combo meter, but 80% of the time he just seems to throw a regular, non-explosive Shuriken. On the bright side, they've fixed the glitch that would cause the combo to drop if you Quickfired the Bullet Shield.

Nightwing now has the REC (Quickfire L2 + Circle) and Voice Synthesizer, as seen in the trailer for GCPD Lockdown. He can also now use the Special Combo Batclaw and REC moves.

Catwoman has her Caltrops back (Quickfire L2 + Circle). Riddler robots seem to be immune, though."

source

I've completely forgotten to play this game. Haven't done anything with it since... like, before the last set of school holidays. I don't remember where I'm up to... I think the part where you're defending Ivy's plant.

I've completely forgotten to play this game. Haven't done anything with it since... like, before the last set of school holidays. I don't remember where I'm up to... I think the part where you're defending Ivy's plant.

Which tank battle is that? The 39th or 40th?

Anyone know what content we're getting in crimefighter challenge pack 3? I'm hoping we get another Robin exclusive combat challenge map. I enjoyed Teen Titan but didn't really like the setting. I'd prefer something more exclusive like Catwoman's Feline Frenzy or Nightwing's Flying Grayson's scenario.

So? Has that ever stopped franchises from being revived with new entries? Of course not.

Furthermore it's the end to Rocksteady's Arkham games. Future Batman games are not bound to that continuity.

I agree but wouldn't you agree that considering you marketed a game as the "epic finale" that it's a little too early to take about a new Batman game and not give him some rest? Gears of War 3 came out in 2011. Gears 4 was announced this year for next year and was rumored last year but they didn't stop talking about it for a while. Mass Effect 3 came out in 2012 and the newest Mass Effect game was announced this year for next year.

My point is while I'm ok with new Batman games, it's way too early to even think about doing one especially considering WBGM is a DC centered studio.

Nobody's expecting a new Batman game this year or next, LEVI. And the time factor won't make a difference anyway. You think gamers care as long as they get more Batman games?

Not trying to diss WBGM but I don't think gamers would be that much excited for another WBGM game. It's nothing about the quality of Arkham origins. The game is good and I wouldn't mind a sequel but it's more of publicity. WBGM launching a bug ridden game, which personally I did have bug issues with, didn't sit well with gamers. While the PC AK game is even worse and Rocksteady & WB deserve some blame, Rocksteady is aiding in it making sure the bugs are gone. Meanwhile WBGM said themselves that they wouldn't be fixing anymore bugs and glitches in their game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/wb-games-has-no-plans-to-fix-numerous-glitches

That's not a copy and paste, that's utilizing elements from their gameplay engine. The overall gameplay and Batman's movements etc were, and that was great. Why fix it if it isn't broken? Especially when it was in the same continuity.

It's more the little things. For example looking at Knight, there are so many small things added to gameplay that I love. Going through vents to different levels and up them. Using the environment in combat. Picking up weapons. WBGM didn't really add anything new. It reminds me of Gears of War Judgment. Now if you guys think I hate Origins, which I don't, you ain't never seen my hate for GOW:J. Similar game to Origins in terms of a prequel but completely little to no innovation and even worse they ****ed up the perfect multiplayer that GOW3 gave us.

My whole point is there could have been little things WBGM could have added that would have went a long way. I don't know using Rocksteady's example by add to it.

Who's asking them to use the Batman gameplay in other superhero games? :huh:

My point was more so for them to make their own series and not just keep using Rocksteady's design for the Batman games. Not saying use Rocksteady's gameplay for other heroes.

And they can make more DC games. Not saying otherwise. They don't have to stop making Batman games to do that.

Agree but I feel like let's give other heroes a shot. I think it's fair to say Superman & Flash are the most popular DC characters people want games of. Personally I find JL impossible. Hell nowadays I find X-Men and Avengers games impossible simply because we live in more of a single player sandbox world. There aren't many game franchises that focus on a group that isn't around one character. Games are more focused on single player experience. I mean just look at who we have games of. Master Chief, Lara Croft, Snake, Mad Max, Batman, Nathan Drake, Kratos, Marcus Fenix, Mario, Link, and more.

Something that springs to mind when we talk of Joker in AK :cwink:

7565499.jpg

I can't lie though....

80618-you-are-very-good-you-gif-Robe-4mBR.gif

I thought you just said using the Arkham influence was lazy and unoriginal?

My point with this isn't so much from a gameplay stance by a character stance. It's why the recent Spider-Man games have copied the Batman games. Both are open world characters who are city protectors. I'm more referring them to do city protector games like Superman, Green Arrow, and Flash who are sandbox characters and have sandbox worlds like Batman.

Not really an Arkham influence, more of a character influence.

Nobody's saying they shouldn't do other DC heroes, it's that they don't have to stop making more Batman games, too. There's no reason they can't do both. Like a competent movie studio can do more than one movie at the same time.

I just feel that as of now, we don't need a Batman game this second you know? We've had 4 great Batman games in the past 6 years. We aren't in a mad need for a new Batman game. Halo took 4 years off from 3 to 4 (though Reach came out during that), Gears is taking 5 years (though if you count Judgment, 3 years), Mass Effect is taking 4 years. The Batman series should take some time off. I wouldn't mind it coming back at all and WBGM taking over. I do believe they have an idea for a sequel which IMO based on Origins looked to involve Ra's since we was referenced a bit, but I wouldn't want it anytime soon.

AO Joker was the best Joker.

Agreed. One of my favorite versions of Joker. So much to sink your teeth into and enjoy about him.

giphy.gif

AC arguably has the worst story, the only competition for it is Arkham Knight.

AC's story at least allowed Joker, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze moments to shine. Scarecrow, and to a lesser extent Ivy are the only villains in AK who were given that.

Which tank battle is that? The 39th or 40th?

:funny:

I agree but wouldn't you agree that considering you marketed a game as the "epic finale" that it's a little too early to take about a new Batman game and not give him some rest? Gears of War 3 came out in 2011. Gears 4 was announced this year for next year and was rumored last year but they didn't stop talking about it for a while. Mass Effect 3 came out in 2012 and the newest Mass Effect game was announced this year for next year.

My point is while I'm ok with new Batman games, it's way too early to even think about doing one especially considering WBGM is a DC centered studio.

No not at all, because it most likely won't be in the Arkham continuity, or if it is, it will be a prequel like AO was. Either way it's not stepping on the toes of the "epic conclusion" (that just sounds so funny now) to the Rocksteady games since it's not picking up after AK.

Time factor doesn't matter to fans as long as they get more good games. It's about quality not quantity. I mean in ten years we'll have had three different Spider-Man movie franchises. Fans don't care as long as they're good.

Not trying to diss WBGM but I don't think gamers would be that much excited for another WBGM game. It's nothing about the quality of Arkham origins. The game is good and I wouldn't mind a sequel but it's more of publicity. WBGM launching a bug ridden game, which personally I did have bug issues with, didn't sit well with gamers. While the PC AK game is even worse and Rocksteady & WB deserve some blame, Rocksteady is aiding in it making sure the bugs are gone. Meanwhile WBGM said themselves that they wouldn't be fixing anymore bugs and glitches in their game.

No matter what way you swing it, Batman game or no Batman game, if these are the guys doing the next DC game, that's going to be associated with them anyway.

But you rarely if ever hear people experience any more glitches with the game now, so the point is moot. They did release patches to sort out the glitches back in the day, and they seem to have done the trick.

It's more the little things. For example looking at Knight, there are so many small things added to gameplay that I love. Going through vents to different levels and up them. Using the environment in combat. Picking up weapons. WBGM didn't really add anything new. It reminds me of Gears of War Judgment. Now if you guys think I hate Origins, which I don't, you ain't never seen my hate for GOW:J. Similar game to Origins in terms of a prequel but completely little to no innovation and even worse they ****ed up the perfect multiplayer that GOW3 gave us.

My whole point is there could have been little things WBGM could have added that would have went a long way. I don't know using Rocksteady's example by add to it.

I can't fault any criticism for them not adding much new to the gameplay. But at the same time I don't see it as a negative against the game itself because it didn't make the game worse in any way by adding something bad or annoying that would have hurt the enjoyment factor of the game.

So deduct points from them for not bringing something significantly new gameplay wise, but never did they make the game any less fun to play because they used what fans loved about the series gameplay. If they had taken away from that then it would have been a real negative. Like AK did by taking away boss fights, and giving us an over abundance of Batmobile and tank battles.

My point was more so for them to make their own series and not just keep using Rocksteady's design for the Batman games. Not saying use Rocksteady's gameplay for other heroes.

They can. Nobody is saying they should copy anything from the Batman games, except maybe AO's brilliance for doing a good story, characters, and atmosphere if any of the games are set at a particular time like Christmas. I'm not saying copy them, just give it the same respect and detail they did.

Agree but I feel like let's give other heroes a shot. I think it's fair to say Superman & Flash are the most popular DC characters people want games of. Personally I find JL impossible. Hell nowadays I find X-Men and Avengers games impossible simply because we live in more of a single player sandbox world. There aren't many game franchises that focus on a group that isn't around one character. Games are more focused on single player experience. I mean just look at who we have games of. Master Chief, Lara Croft, Snake, Mad Max, Batman, Nathan Drake, Kratos, Marcus Fenix, Mario, Link, and more.

Yeah like I said I'm not saying they shouldn't give other heroes a shot. Personally I am dying for a Spider-Man game that's as good quality wise as the Arkham series. The Shattered Dimensions one didn't hold a candle to any of them.

But we can get that more Batman games, too. You don't have to sideline one in favor of the other.

I can't lie though....

80618-you-are-very-good-you-gif-Robe-4mBR.gif

:highfive:

My point with this isn't so much from a gameplay stance by a character stance. It's why the recent Spider-Man games have copied the Batman games. Both are open world characters who are city protectors. I'm more referring them to do city protector games like Superman, Green Arrow, and Flash who are sandbox characters and have sandbox worlds like Batman.

Not really an Arkham influence, more of a character influence.

But with characters like Spider-Man, Superman etc you have to have some open world elements to it. One of the best things about the great Spider-Man games like Spider-Man 2 was that glorious free roam web swinging around New York. I imagine Superman fans would want to fly all over Metropolis and more.

I wouldn't see that as an Arkham influence. That's something you would do because it's as you say a character influence.

I just feel that as of now, we don't need a Batman game this second you know? We've had 4 great Batman games in the past 6 years. We aren't in a mad need for a new Batman game. Halo took 4 years off from 3 to 4 (though Reach came out during that), Gears is taking 5 years (though if you count Judgment, 3 years), Mass Effect is taking 4 years. The Batman series should take some time off. I wouldn't mind it coming back at all and WBGM taking over. I do believe they have an idea for a sequel which IMO based on Origins looked to involve Ra's since we was referenced a bit, but I wouldn't want it anytime soon.

Again I'm not saying we need or expect a new Batman game any time within the next year or two. I'm just saying if/when they start tackling other DC characters, or Marvel ones for games, they don't have to bring Batman to a grinding halt.

You were all like 'NO we need other DC heroes' when I said WB Montreal should take over for Batman when they announced that just because Rocksteady is done with Batman doesn't mean there won't be more Batman games by WB.

That's all, LEVI.

Last edited:
AC's story at least allowed Joker, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze moments to shine. Scarecrow, and to a lesser extent Ivy are the only villains in AK who were given that.

That's true. Plus, for all it's problems, I did actually feel emotions during it's major beats when it wanted me to usually, whereas in Knight the only time I can remember feeling much is when we're going through the movie studios and see bloodied up Jason, and even that was not remotely as good as it could have been because we know nothing about Jason. Also a much better sense of atmosphere. AA, AC and AO all had distinct styles. AA with it's heavily gothic, claustrophobic asylum, AC with it's Escape from New York-esque setup and all these different gangs wandering around (one of the things most missed in AK, it added some variety to the fights), AO got mileage out of it's Christmas setting. AK by comparison feels generic. A shame because atmosphere was always one of the series' high points.

Last edited:
I still dont understand how Rocksteady could screw this up so bad. They were one of the few developers out there that you just trust to make an amazing game without question

No not at all, because it most likely won't be in the Arkham continuity, or if it is, it will be a prequel like AO was. Either way it's not stepping on the toes of the "epic conclusion" (that just sounds so funny now) to the Rocksteady games since it's not picking up after AK.

Time factor doesn't matter to fans as long as they get more good games. It's about quality not quantity. I mean in ten years we'll have had three different Spider-Man movie franchises. Fans don't care as long as they're good.

Not saying or hoping future Batman games aren't "good" but Joker you of all people should know...

tumblr_li99ncWrnB1qzix30o1_500.gif

there's plenty wrong with TASM series.

Lots of stuff

At the end of the day, I just feel like it's too soon to talk about future Batman games. I mean we are 3 months out and you are still releasing DLC. I just don't want to see WB keep using Batman when we have a DC centered game studio. I wouldn't mind an Origins 2 and sees where WBGM goes with that down the line but I think it's time to begin a new DC game series.

Which I hope is Superman and pray to God WBGM doesn't **** up it's launch with bugs and glitches. I know it would be in good hands since one of game directors for Arkham Origins did work on Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and would know how to do someone in a open world with the powers of Superman.

I'm more then welcome to see another Batman game but would prefer after maybe 2 games from WBGM.

Also I remember you saying, or someone, WBGM could work on them on the same time. I don't think they are a big enough studio. I mean yea they did Batgirl but that's a hour DLC. I don't see them beginning on 2 projects at once unless one project is near done and they are thinking about the next game but still 2 at the same time seems doubtful given how much scale and detail goes into making these open world games. Hell Ubisoft has like 4 studios at once doing Assassin's Creed games to get them out on a yearly basis.

That's true. Plus, for all it's problems, I did actually feel emotions during it's major beats when it wanted me to usually, whereas in Knight the only time I can remember feeling much is when we're going through the movie studios and see bloodied up Jason, and even that was not remotely as good as it could have been because we know nothing about Jason. Also a much better sense of atmosphere. AA, AC and AO all had distinct styles. AA with it's heavily gothic, claustrophobic asylum, AC with it's Escape from New York-esque setup and all these different gangs wandering around (one of the things most missed in AK, it added some variety to the fights), AO got mileage out of it's Christmas setting. AK by comparison feels generic. A shame because atmosphere was always one of the series' high points.

Exactly. The Halloween thing is a real shame because a Batman game, with Scarecrow as the main villain, set on Halloween with a great Halloween atmosphere should have been fantastic. But you barely ever know it's meant to be Halloween in AK.

Not saying or hoping future Batman games aren't "good" but Joker you of all people should know...

tumblr_li99ncWrnB1qzix30o1_500.gif

there's plenty wrong with TASM series.

:funny:

Oh yes there is so much wrong with them that I don't care for them at all. Especially the 2nd one which is one of the bottom of the barrel CBMs in my book.

But my point is fans and audiences in general could easily be jaded by three different Spider-Man franchises in such a short space of time. Even Marvel are being wary of the whole origin thing and wisely skipping it rather than doing it for a 3rd time.

But fans are welcoming another Spider-Man movie because it has the potential to be quality. Same as how another Batman game would be welcomed if it was good.

At the end of the day, I just feel like it's too soon to talk about future Batman games. I mean we are 3 months out and you are still releasing DLC. I just don't want to see WB keep using Batman when we have a DC centered game studio. I wouldn't mind an Origins 2 and sees where WBGM goes with that down the line but I think it's time to begin a new DC game series.

Which I hope is Superman and pray to God WBGM doesn't **** up it's launch with bugs and glitches. I know it would be in good hands since one of game directors for Arkham Origins did work on Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and would know how to do someone in a open world with the powers of Superman.

I'm more then welcome to see another Batman game but would prefer after maybe 2 games from WBGM.

Also I remember you saying, or someone, WBGM could work on them on the same time. I don't think they are a big enough studio. I mean yea they did Batgirl but that's a hour DLC. I don't see them beginning on 2 projects at once unless one project is near done and they are thinking about the next game but still 2 at the same time seems doubtful given how much scale and detail goes into making these open world games. Hell Ubisoft has like 4 studios at once doing Assassin's Creed games to get them out on a yearly basis.

LEVI, nobody was really talking about the future of the Batman games per say. We were just responding to the announcement that just because Rocksteady is done with the Batman games doesn't mean WB is, and they will be doing more. So we're hoping WB Montreal are the ones who will handle any future Batman games for obvious reasons. That's all.

If WBGM work better at just doing one game at a time, then that's how they should do it. If they are competent enough that they can do two projects at the same time, then even better. I don't know how they handle their workload. I'm sure they wouldn't be the first game studio to competently handle two projects simultaneously.

Sefton Hill ‏@Seftonhill
You'll be playing new 4 round combat challenge maps in Oct/Nov/Dec as well as more interior locations. #ArkhamKnight

Sefton Hill ‏@Seftonhill
Thanks for your feedback on the AR challenge "blue walls". We've been listening and working on a fix...

The blue walls will only appear when you are very close. At other times, when you move away, they cannot be seen at all.

The challenge map "blue walls" update will affect all existing combat and predator maps as well as all the new maps too. #ArkhamKnight

Preview video: https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/649703961772052481
:up:

Will the interior locations be unlocked for free roam or just part of challenge maps?

Yeah the atmosphere of AK could've been wonderful. With Scarecrow and Halloween. Huge missed opportunity. That's one of the reasons I love Origins so much. They nailed that Christmas holiday atmosphere. Absolutely loved it.

Last edited:
Can some one from rocksteady please explain to me why the would chose reptile Batmobile combat boss battle over more traditional ones? I'm not trying to bash I just want someone from rocksteady to literally reveal what the creative process was for saying" hey we got two master combatants ,Batman and death stroke, wouldn't it be cool instead of an amazing Hand to hand fight where you chase death strokes on foot throughy the streets while simultaneously dodging gunfire and throwing batarangs we just make A Batmobile section that does the character no justice? seriously ,what was rocksteady thinking? Why would you just make man bat a "boss fight" where you just glide into him 3 or 4 times? Why not have him fight back, with some of his attacks only being dodgeable and sometimes he tries to fly away and you have to grapple onto his leg and be dragged through the air above Gotham. I'm not trying to berate rocksteady, I think the game was great, but why?! You had all the tools to make boss battles of the century.free flow and stealth where all top notch. I mean whoever did that boss fight with Johnny charisma should have did all of them. Batman distracting charisma while robin goes around disarming bombs was just an amazing sequence. seriously it had to be top 3 gaming moments of my life. I really felt like the dynamic duo taking down a crazy villian. How could the boss fights take such a dive inn quality then? I know this isn't the proper channel to get my question answered but if by any chance I could get RS to answer this, which isn't going to happen, that would be great. Also sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes. I'm on my phone and o the bus.

Can you please separate your post into some paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"