Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys what did you think of
Two-Face pushed away as a side mission?
The way they showed him in the announcement trailer you would think he have a bigger role. I must say I'm disappointed.

Very disappointed, Harv. [BLACKOUT]I was hoping you'd have a bigger role in the game this time around, especially with the whole idea they were pushing that the villains were all working together to get Batman, and it turned out that never happened. The trailers wasn't what was convincing me you might have a bigger role because you and Hugo Strange had big parts in the AC ones and look what happened there.[/BLACKOUT]

I dunno, maybe they'd be better served to not include as many supervilains next time. Alot like AC, people seem to be really disappointed with some of the villains inclusions, so maybe cutting away more than half of them would be better. Personally, I'm happy to see them even if for short bursts. But, maybe it'd be better to not include most of them at all and focus on one or two, maybe. Though, that might piss everyone off now that we've had a few games filled with Rouges.

I'm not really disappointed in Arkham Knight's identity. Now, I didn't pay much attention to the PR campaign, either, so I wasn't roped into the hype of his identity. I figured out who it was when he spoke his first few words, at ACE Chemicals right before the helicopter battle. I'm not sure if they were better served doing it this way, because honestly comic book fans can be the most annoyingly knowledgeable audience that you can't ****ing surprise them with much. So, trying to do so is commendable. But, they layered the hints thick enough that at one point the game essentially tells you that YOU SHOULD KNOW who it is, with as many hints as we've thrown at you. I think ultimately it came down to storytellers who held our hands, worried about losing the lowest common denominator. And anytime storytellers worry about losing the stupidest people of the audience, it can undermine any revelations. Though, I was atleast happy with why he was called the Arkham Knight, and atleast the identity served as a precursor to the one we all know. So, atleast being Arkham Knight was what led the character into becoming the [BLACKOUT]Red Hood. Pretty sure the DLC takes place after the game's story, as well. [/BLACKOUT]

I've heard some people claim that Rocksteady must hate Harley Quinn. But, I disagree. If there's a character that Rocksteady seems to hate, it's Nightwing. He doesn't even get a voice in AC, and in AK he gets owned by Harley Quinn in a fight that should be his to lose (he's more than capable to take her down, ontop of being a great fighter trained by the best, he'd started training as an acrobat as a child), [BLACKOUT]he gets kidnapped and the **** kicked out of him by (of all people) the Penguin's crew, and he's seemingly lost his girl, Babs, to his (essentially) little brother for a rather forced subplot. Seriously, that Babs and Tim romance was stupid, and was an ill coneceived plot device to be used to try and force a wedge between the Dynamic Duo. Probably my least favorite aspect of the story.[/BLACKOUT]

Maybe there will be a little bit of Nightwing DLC to redeem them, but at this point I'd rather they leave him alone...and stop punishing him for whatever reason.

How creepy was that [BLACKOUT]Solomon Grundy riddle[/BLACKOUT]? :csad:

How creepy was that [BLACKOUT]Solomon Grundy riddle[/BLACKOUT]? :csad:

This series has had moments of genuine creepiness and that was definitely one of them. I loved that it was tucked away among the wreckage of what the city was a long time ago. Rocksteady's Gotham has such a great sense of history to it.

Replaying the hallucinations inside the Clocktower. I noticed that Barbara has a poster of 'Dark Interlude' featuring Matt Hagen and Betty Bates, straight out of the BTAS episode Mudslide.

Seriously, there's even the poster line "She cured his body. He cured her heart" on it.

Yeah, noticed that. Great easter egg. And, you know, after seeing some of the posters...I'd really like to have a Gray Ghost skin. I mean, if we're honest...Bruce probably owns an exact replica in his size, if you remember how extensive his fanboy collection was in B:TAS.

Please give us honest reviews of the DLC, how long it is and whatnot.

Where is it to download? I have season pass. Is it available all areas of the US?

The Batgirl DLC's about as twice as long as the Harley Quinn story pack. There is a really good final cutscene at the end of it which made it worthwhile.

Joker using Harley Quinn for his escape was classic Joker IMO.

New season pass details. I'll just leave this here...

ekmgeud.jpg

Of course the actual good skins are ones you have to pay for

Holy crap. They're finally doing it.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

It's happening. It's happening!

I can't breath.

**** yes.

And also

Bat-Family-Skin-Pack-720x405.jpg

The Bat-family Skins Pack: Included in this pack are six character skins based on the alternate timelines - - 1990s Catwoman, One Year Later Robin, Arkham Origins Batman, Iconic Grey & Black Batman, 1970s Batman and the Original Arkham Nightwing.

Driving around in the Burtonmobile will be most excellent.

**** yes.

And also

Bat-Family-Skin-Pack-720x405.jpg

The Bat-family Skins Pack: Included in this pack are six character skins based on the alternate timelines - - 1990s Catwoman, One Year Later Robin, Arkham Origins Batman, Iconic Grey & Black Batman, 1970s Batman and the Original Arkham Nightwing.

Where's Az-Bat, damn it? :argh:

T
Very disappointed, Harv. [BLACKOUT]I was hoping you'd have a bigger role in the game this time around, especially with the whole idea they were pushing that the villains were all working together to get Batman, and it turned out that never happened. The trailers wasn't what was convincing me you might have a bigger role because you and Hugo Strange had big parts in the AC ones and look what happened there.[/BLACKOUT]

Even ghost Joker has more screen time[
I don't think Rocksteady likes him very much I just hope WBM gives him deserved treatment in the future.

Also TDK Joker, are those real Keaton Batman skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"