Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

I loved this version of Batman/Bruce Wayne in BvS.

He was worn down. Jaded. Losing hope after spending years taking down criminals in Gotham, but with no end in sight and an even greater threat (as he perceived it to be) in the form of super-powered beings now appearing.

Physically imposing - big, strong, muscular. Brutal in his violence. Angry.

Also, Ben Affleck in BvS just looked nigh on perfect as Bruce Wayne.

He was like a different person in JL. Softened down, less decisive. Lacked any kind of impact in the battles - and yes I know he was a mortal amongst a group of super powered beings, but this was the guy who nearly killed Superman previously. And between Affleck losing some of his build and the JL reshoots using different wigs and makeup, his Bruce Wayne looked very different.

Hopefully if they bring him back it's in the right capacity. Affleck has been in better shape lately, at least.

gCd1einzQ37eStOs4VuEJxdFsBEpncPO9AhcBgtYW757ajPT-lUcksYY5NPCWUMDU4iL1ap3Rg041s_r86c2X-X2Dfslrcbwc7HZdfGqtFhfsc7Ht6nbbxBjGS62p3ywQwsecdHXaQHIIGnruKDz8VR7zo7Y-NMV18pVJzaW7bosZ5wmH7clW0l7h3LhR-IJkw

He was worn down. Jaded. Losing hope after spending years taking down criminals in Gotham, but with no end in sight and an even greater threat (as he perceived it to be) in the form of super-powered beings now appearing.

He was like a different person in JL. Softened down, less decisive. Lacked any kind of impact in the battles - and yes I know he was a mortal amongst a group of super powered beings, but this was the guy who nearly killed Superman previously. And between Affleck losing some of his build and the JL reshoots using different wigs and makeup, his Bruce Wayne looked very different.

Hopefully if they bring him back it's in the right capacity. Affleck has been in better shape lately, at least.

gCd1einzQ37eStOs4VuEJxdFsBEpncPO9AhcBgtYW757ajPT-lUcksYY5NPCWUMDU4iL1ap3Rg041s_r86c2X-X2Dfslrcbwc7HZdfGqtFhfsc7Ht6nbbxBjGS62p3ywQwsecdHXaQHIIGnruKDz8VR7zo7Y-NMV18pVJzaW7bosZ5wmH7clW0l7h3LhR-IJkw
Selina & Bruce.

See the thing is, in JL Bruce is supposed to be a little softened, its part of his character arc, but Whedon just took it too far. From what we’ve seen of Zack’s shot scenes of Affleck, Bruce is more relaxed and more like “classic” Batman. Still a brooder, still a badass but not devoid of emotion and humanity and a little levity.

I'm curious if Affleck is done after Flashpoint, who will play Bruce in the DCEU after that?

I know Snyder wanted to kill the character off, but you can't have a DC universe going forward where Bruce is dead.

I think for the next 5-7 years Pattinson is going to be Batman in the theaters. I know some prognosticators think that Affleck will do a Batman series and/or a JL sequel on HBO Max, but ideally that's be 2023 at the earliest?

A series or movie on HBO would likely be 2024 because Ben has projects lined up.

If Affleck is done after Flashpoint, Keaton will take the spot in the Burtonverse. There won’t be a DCEU Justice League continuity.

Consona. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Sigh. We're never gonna get an actor who looks so identical to Bruce Wayne from the comics like that again.

Snyder also nailed the lighting and hair and everything else in BvS. Contrast with his JL look, I'm not sure (to be fair) if this was a Whedon reshoot shot or an original Snyder one, but I guess Affleck had also some bloat and was paler, which didn't help.

upload_2020-9-23_15-12-24.png

f5d0c62d15772630fd94ca6e4000a99c5aa2602c.jpg

Sigh. We're never gonna get an actor who looks so identical to Bruce Wayne from the comics like that again.
People have to stop acting like there’s one way to draw Bruce Wayne. There will never be a 100 percent perfect representation of ALL the comics. There are plenty of shots in the source material that look more like Bale than Affleck. Even Pattinson.

People have to stop acting like there’s one way to draw Bruce Wayne. There will never be a 100 percent perfect representation of ALL the comics. There are plenty of shots in the source material that look more like Bale than Affleck. Even Pattinson.

night cries graphic novel from 1992 draws bruce wayne that coincidentally looks like pattinson.

rs4xcycsdup31.png

i really liked affleck in bvs, thought he did a pretty good job.
and he does look a lot like many artists interpretation of bruce wayne.
but he is not the end all, be all of batman actors, imo.

I'm curious if Affleck is done after Flashpoint, who will play Bruce in the DCEU after that?

I know Snyder wanted to kill the character off, but you can't have a DC universe going forward where Bruce is dead.
Keaton is the big rumor, a rumor that I believe has been around since the first article "leaked" the Keaton news. Given that was an obvious intentional leak from the studio that gives the rumor a great deal of credibility.

If not, I don't really know if there will be enough of a consistent DCEU to necessitate a Batman.

Here's the thing, though. Although each artist imparts something unique to his/her respective take on Bruce, his overall look never diverges too much from a very specific and generic template. With that in mind, it's reasonable to say that Ben, by virtue of his facial features and impressive stature, bears more than a passing resemblance to the character as he's traditionally depicted in the comics. Granted, he doesn't have the textbook black hair and blue eyes or the nigh-unattainable physique of his counterpart, but his overall appearance is still very Bruce-like imo.

mmYlj7w.png

batman-affleck.jpg

DU4oj_KVQAAw5UG

I'd put Bale in the category of someone who absolutely conforms to a Bruce Wayne type without looking too much like traditional versions from the comics, animated series, etc.

Pattinson is similar, his startling resemblance to that Night Cries illustration notwithstanding. Bruce generally isn't drawn that way.

Of course, it goes without saying that you need not look exactly like a bloody illustration to perfectly embody a character, a fictional one at that! These conversations are all in good fun.

Last edited:
Snyder also nailed the lighting and hair and everything else in BvS. Contrast with his JL look, I'm not sure (to be fair) if this was a Whedon reshoot shot or an original Snyder one, but I guess Affleck had also some bloat and was paler, which didn't help.

100% a reshoot.

This is the original scene. Also it's the same scene we see in the trailer where he is looking at Superman's hologram.

1P8e5H9.png

th

Last edited:
100% a reshoot.

This is the original scene. Also it's the same scene we see in the trailer where he is looking at Superman's hologram.

1P8e5H9.png

also that was always meant to be a hangar separate from wayne manor.
but for some reason, whedon made the hangar a part of the bat-cave.
such a weird decision.

Why is it weird that they would want the hangar housing a secret bat themed troop carrier to be in the Batcave?

Why is it weird that they would want the hangar housing a secret bat themed troop carrier to be in the Batcave?

In Whedon's cut, the hangar clearly has daylight shining through huge windows and appears to be a regular above-ground hangar, but the film is edited to make it seem as if it is part the underground Batcave. Hence, the weird decision.

In Whedon's cut, the hangar clearly has daylight shining through huge windows and appears to be a regular above-ground hangar, but the film is edited to make it seem as if it is part the underground Batcave. Hence, the weird decision.

Interesting, perhaps Snyder envisioned a sequel down the line where it would be beneficial to Batman if the others didn't know the whereabouts of his cave. Maybe an adaption of the Tower of Babel storyline.

That dress shirt looks like Bruce bought it off the rack from a JC Penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"