Dune

Who wants to be the first to one to say it when it's posted?

"THE TRAILER HAS AWAKEN!"

Much. Too. Long.

I hate when studios announce a trailer weeks in advance. Like they want to make the wait more interminable and tedious. ****ing *******s.

I saw the leaked pics of a cam rip of the trailer. Not very exciting stuff, but the Baron looks adequately grotesque.

Last edited:
I hate when studios announce a trailer weeks in advance. Like they want to make the wait more interminable and tedious. ****ing *******s.

I saw the leaked pics of a cam rip of the trailer. Not very exciting stuff, but the Baron looks adequately grotesque.

Oh, nice. I was hoping but not really expecting to see Skarsgard.

Oh, nice. I was hoping but not really expecting to see Skarsgard.
He's shown rising out of a slime bath. Just imagine a bald 500 pound Trump taking a KY bath.

Edit: Jokes aside, his trapezius and quads look like solid muscle and his neck appears to be nonexistent. His shoulder and neck muscles are clearly defined like a body builder. I think he might be built like a gorilla, and I suspect this Baron is going to be a beast when he gets angry.

Last edited:
Oh and WB is going aftsr youtube commentators. Even videos without any footage or audio from the teaser are getring hit with copyright claims. As if I needed more reason to wait for home video. Its a teaser trailer. One that has already ben released I might add. Chill the **** out, WB. How about you let the fans spread the hype rather than sitting your corpoeate lawyers on them. Idiots.

The movie looks gorgeous and the biggest change from previous live action adaptations so far - it doesn't look like a stage play. It feels big and immersive, like a "real" thing.

You are triggering my WAP..

Oh and WB is going aftsr youtube commentators. Even videos without any footage or audio from the teaser are getring hit with copyright claims. As if I needed more reason to wait for home video. Its a teaser trailer. One that has already ben released I might add. Chill the **** out, WB. How about you let the fans spread the hype rather than sitting your corpoeate lawyers on them. Idiots.

This whole thing is painting WB in a bad light. I'm personally disgusted with them and their stupid marketing decisions. Not sure what they were expecting. They release a teaser to cinemas only while a big chunk of people in certain areas can't even attend. I swear they're going to self sabotage this movie before it ever has a chance to succeed.

This whole thing is painting WB in a bad light. I'm personally disgusted with them and their stupid marketing decisions. Not sure what they were expecting. They release a teaser to cinemas only while a big chunk of people in certain areas can't even attend. I swear they're going to self sabotage this movie before it ever has a chance to succeed.
Ordinarily I’d say this was melodramatic, but yeah, under these circumstances, WB saying “See it in theaters or **** you” is a little ehhh... not great.

I've had an open accusation since BvS that Warner Brothers isn't being run by IP conscientious people anymore. The Suicide Squad Joker was a big wake up call for me, given that was such a divergent, flat, unappealing take. So seeing them try to milk fans to venture to theaters to see a trailer, is Scrooge McDuck level tone deaf.

Ehhhhh... I really don’t know about all that.

I think it’s just as simple as a questionable marketing decision. Which every studio is guilty of from time to time.

I've had an open accusation since BvS that Warner Brothers isn't being run by IP conscientious people anymore. The Suicide Squad Joker was a big wake up call for me, given that was such a divergent, flat, unappealing take. So seeing them try to milk fans to venture to theaters to see a trailer, is Scrooge McDuck level tone deaf.
That they are doing it during a pandemic is more abhorrent than usual.

Camrip will be all over the internet as soon as the teaser hits theaters. Today or tomorrow. There won't be any exclusivity and the first look will be these bad quality pics and footage for a lot of people. I get the forbidden fruit tactic, but I'm not sure this is good first impression. Besides, as pointed out above, it's rather senseless during pandemic.

DC Fandome did it right. Just dropped the bombs without much foreplay and it made waves.

I think FanDome was a whimpering deathcry of DC Universe.

WB has way too many smarmy stock broker people sitting in chairs thinking they are movie producers. Killing what used to be the keystone movie studio producing superhero films.

I'm absolutely furious with WB. Instead of dropping the teaser online in July and dominate the conversation:

1. People's first look at the footage are low Q pics flooding twitter, reddit etc.
2. They waited so long the hype for the actual trailer is through the roof and I doubt it delivers
3. This getting released after The Batman trailer....people are still talking about that and I don't think it will top that one

I'm just preparing myself for this not doing well and part 2 getting made.

Camrip will be all over the internet as soon as the teaser hits theaters. Today or tomorrow. There won't be any exclusivity and the first look will be these bad quality pics and footage for a lot of people. I get the forbidden fruit tactic, but I'm not sure this is good first impression. Besides, as pointed out above, it's rather senseless during pandemic.

DC Fandome did it right. Just dropped the bombs without much foreplay and it made waves.

no cam rip but pretty much every shot is on 4chan lol and they show up on reddit and keep getting removed by WB, lol yes, way to go WB that will help

no cam rip but pretty much every shot is on 4chan lol and they show up on reddit and keep getting removed by WB, lol yes, way to go WB that will help
Honestly it might. The "forbidden" nature of this seems to at least brought some interest.

for maybe few days, it won't last. They build too much hype for the actual trailer which wont even have the advantage of people seeing this stuff for the first time because they already saw teaser caps.

And the timing of this happening so soon after The Batman is hilarious. Not even Tenet is generating much talk comparing to this trailer

It's really bizarre how everything converged in one point. They delayed Tenet for obvious reasons and Dune teaser with it (initially planned for July release) till the last minute and basically released it with DC Fandome and Batman trailer. Perfect timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"