Episode 3: Lamentis (Spoiler Discussion)

Honestly, I think this was if anything the most focused episode yet. It had a clear story arc of its own with beginning, middle and end, and it spent its time developing the two main characters. I won't say its the "best episode" because that's kind of an overly quick reach when its only three episodes yet, and its a show full of lies and deceptions.

Also, the idea that Loki's sexuality was "forced in" is laughable. It was two characters trying to feel each other out for angles and weaknesses, it makes perfect sense that one angle they would both investigate is "love and romance". And frankly, I'd find it a lot less believable that Loki *weren't* bisexual, given his mythological source material. I mean, we are talking about the god who is father *and mother* to numerous other mythological figures.

Oh, and put me in the "At least a chunk of this episode was an illusion" group. I'd agree that its a coin flip whether its Loki messing with Sylvie's head, or Sylvie messing with Loki's head. . . or possibly both, in the "One god initiated the mental illusion while the other god is manipulating it from within" sense.

Honestly, I think this was if anything the most focused episode yet. It had a clear story arc of its own with beginning, middle and end, and it spent its time developing the two main characters. I won't say its the "best episode" because that's kind of an overly quick reach when its only three episodes yet, and its a show full of lies and deceptions.

Also, the idea that Loki's sexuality was "forced in" is laughable. It was two characters trying to feel each other out for angles and weaknesses, it makes perfect sense that one angle they would both investigate is "love and romance". And frankly, I'd find it a lot less believable that Loki *weren't* bisexual, given his mythological source material. I mean, we are talking about the god who is father *and mother* to numerous other mythological figures.

Oh, and put me in the "At least a chunk of this episode was an illusion" group. I'd agree that its a coin flip whether its Loki messing with Sylvie's head, or Sylvie messing with Loki's head. . . or possibly both, in the "One god initiated the mental illusion while the other god is manipulating it from within" sense.

So what you're saying is... Chris Nolan was a Time Variant employee of the TVA once upon a time?

That tracks.
:o

6b40add41c439ce8a0a5f9b9460a17b7a660cb7d.gifv

There's a charming Saturday Morning Cartoon villain aspect of Loki that I think doesn't get the shine it deserves but is more than apparent in this moment.

Loki IS a showman to a large degree. He certainly seems like he graduated from the Megamind school of super villainry.

What if next episode they're still on the train all this time and everything from when Sylvie woke up and saw a drunk Loki singing was an illusion?

What if next episode they're still on the train all this time and everything from when Sylvie woke up and saw a drunk Loki singing was an illusion?
I did enjoy the episode, but if that's true they definitely wasted an episode in a pretty short season.

I did enjoy the episode, but if that's true they definitely wasted an episode in a pretty short season.

Sylvie did do something similar to that Time Variance Agent at the start of the episode so I wondered if Loki somehow learnt the same trick and then used it on her.

I'm not sure if it'd been brought up, but Loki pushing the falling building back - it looks like the debris is reforming with the tower, wonder if Loki managed to hold onto the time stone we see him pick up from the drawer in the first episode.

I'm not sure if it'd been brought up, but Loki pushing the falling building back - it looks like the debris is reforming with the tower, wonder if Loki managed to hold onto the time stone we see him pick up from the drawer in the first episode.

Holy ****...

If this ISN'T a gaslighting job from either of them rooting around the other's brain looking for info...

Damn that makes so much sense.

He pocketed one and then only uses it when outside of the TVA HQ where they are useless but in the flow of regular time...

Interesting angle and one which still puts the Stones into play on some level.

Hopefully this will end some theories out there.....

It probably won't. She says pretty much the same thing that the show has presented us with. People will continue theorizing until the show's over like they always do.

Holy ****...

If this ISN'T a gaslighting job from either of them rooting around the other's brain looking for info...

Damn that makes so much sense.

He pocketed one and then only uses it when outside of the TVA HQ where they are useless but in the flow of regular time...

Interesting angle and one which still puts the Stones into play on some level.
Theoretically as I like this theory at the moment, it could be the manipulation theorized but in reality instead of Sylvie's head. Their desperate situation on Lamentis entirely fabricated to make her open up a bit to him, as he could just pull out the time stone at any point.

Going back to the first episode, it seems we don't ever see him actually put the time stone down. Last we see of it is in his hand.

I don't know if this'll end up checking out, I've not got the greatest track record at guesses but it seems plausible to me and otherwise it's rather strange that it looks like the debris is reforming with the building.

Episode 3 was kind of boring outside the TVA revelation, if thats true of course. I loved episode 1 and 2 however.

"The series takes off in a new direction in episode 4," Hiddleston said. "And then the destination of that journey kind of comes to fruition in episode 5. So, 4 and 5, I mean, buckle up, cause we're going somewhere. I hope you don't see it coming."

Because there isn't ANYTHING in common with Loki?

Variants aren’t carbon copies of each other—I thought this was obvious—and we know virtually nothing about Sylvie aside from her not wanting to be referred to as “Loki” and her knowing she’s adopted since she was a child. She constantly tells Loki that they’re diffferent but she’s better than him and if anything, she’s a variant of her (not the other way around).

Sophie is a trickster like Loki. She wears similar garb. She has magical powers. She hatches plans and is hard to keep track of. She's adopted like he is. Seems like a Loki to me.

I'm not deadset on it, but just sayin...

This episode brought back the hallway fights we haven’t seen since Daredevil

This series better be up for some serious set/production design come awards season. Beautifully done

So now that we know that TVA agents are essentially variants themselves, I’m guessing there’s a version of Mobius out there that rides jet skis for a living lol

Loki has always been my favorite Marvel since they introduced him, as we know that DNA has "loci" and his DNA is a branch all to himself.

After I saw the ark they are trying to get on, I have no idea what sort of Bible knowledge the writer(s) have but the return of Jesus will be like the days of Noah where everyone will be partying (Loki singing on the train). That jet ski? Mobius missed the ark in this version and is trying to stay afloat?

So what you're saying is... Chris Nolan was a Time Variant employee of the TVA once upon a time?

That tracks.
:o

Well, you know, that *would* explain Nolan's fascination with, but poor understanding of, human emotions and relationships. . . ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"