Episode 5: Journey Into Mystery (Spoiler Discussion)

16c15c699a1fda991511e14bb99d0bc4a9ffa300.gifv

03ad76c7b992434ad040933d065570c330c5e792.gifv

042bddb267879a59a50fdb26fb7e78e6feb8f5d5.gifv

be9bc52693222ac78a5aa9ade2e41b2111f26190.gifv

694b6382a7bca0066506b62cca1c22ff2ae42920.gifv

72454c8cbbe90f64010947bf11ee83a9b26f711d.gifv

There were so many easter eggs in this episode that watching it on my phone on the train to work did it no justice whatsoever so I'll be rewatching it on a bigger screen. I didn't even catch the Thanoscopter and Throg was hard to see. Highlights of the episode were Loki's last scene with Mobius and all the variant shenanigans.

Overall this episode made me want to go further down the variant rabbit hole and see what the other Lokis' versions of Thor, Iron Man and Captain America look like.

fye.000000638211204506_0-1.jpg

They have an endless amount of content if they wanted to explore different character variants in What If? but I wouldn't even mind if those became their own show, sort of a spinoff from Loki and What If?. It would have to be animated for budget reasons but I'd be all for it.

I'm surprised they didn't make Alligator Loki speak. They could've given more of his backstory.

Also when Alligator Loki bit off President Loki's hand, it just looked like he had a removable hand. There was no blood and it didn't even look severed or bitten off but was such a clean cut.
I mean, the show is still rated TV-14, they're not going to go full blood and gore gushing from the wound with bits of flesh and bone hanging off. But there was blood when President!Loki finally pulled his arm free, it flings off to the side as shown in one of Kane's gifs:

I mean, the show is still rated TV-14, they're not going to go full blood and gore gushing from the wound with bits of flesh and bone hanging off. But there was blood when President!Loki finally pulled his arm free, it flings off to the side as shown in one of Kane's gifs:

Ok. I couldn't remember exactly how it was. He does seem surprised though that his hand is gone and is more shocked by it missing than in actual pain that it's been bitten off.

Ok. I couldn't remember exactly how it was. He does seem surprised though that his hand is gone and is more shocked by it missing than in actual pain that it's been bitten off.
True, I feel though that there have been real world stories like that with shark attacks and similar (not saying every encounter is like this, but again, I feel like I've heard *some* stories where it's like this), that your adrenaline is so high due to the situation the pain of the attack doesn't register until later and it's initially just shock (though usually, with humans, it's the medical condition of shock - not just emotional shock - seeing as Loki is a Frost Giant though, we can't always expect strictly human physiological responses from him ;) )

Last edited:
probably the best hour of TV I watched the last years. Idk how the finale could top this

I preferred episode 4 to this one, as this episode felt like a lot of build up and teasing which I get leading into the finale.

The shrunken Thor and Mljnoir was cool along with the old Loki going out like a boss. I expected Mobius to be back once they said everything pruned goes there, still a chance he can stick around the MCU if they don't kill him again.

Finale should be good hopefully things get answered.

I didn’t expect them to go quite so far in making Loki genuine. Serious character growth going on amongst all the crazy stuff and comedy. I’ve really loved this show and can’t wait till next week.

It's a perfect setup to make the huge narcissist that is Loki have to clash with a bunch of different versions of himself. As with the previous two MCU shows, this narrative is really about the protagonist going through a very strange and arduous therapy session. Facing their trauma, their faults, and coming out a different person on the other side.

It's a perfect setup to make the huge narcissist that is Loki have to clash with a bunch of different versions of himself. As with the previous two MCU shows, this narrative is really about the protagonist going through a very strange and arduous therapy session. Facing their trauma, their faults, and coming out a different person on the other side.
Yeah, a great idea for a show, and executed very well.

It’s amazing as he’s such an interesting character in his own right and then you get all these other crazy versions of him to interact with each other. I didn’t expect them to give him such character growth here - would have earlier always expected things to finish with a knife in the back for his allies.

Enjoyed this way more that ep4 which I disliked a lot... There's still an element of directing and dialogue that I'm not a fan of... But still excited for the finale, even if I'm prepared to be somewhat disappointed hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"