Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

A traditional looking Kang is not any more difficult to pull off than the MCU Vision, Nebula, or Thanos - and those all worked just fine...

Eh...

Some stuff absolutly can be pulled off... Pulled off well is another story:

98c3956628d97d2072266b918925d9d4.jpg

I think for sure we will get the outfit but some adjustments will be... needed.

…someone finally brought the charisma and horror to the MCU ala Ledger’s Joker.
Its funny you mentioned that. To me the thing that was missing was the craft/cinematography of a high-caliber director. (no diss to Kate as I expect her to be very good eventually)

I thought his performance was great, but sometimes the camera was just too far away from his face
YO.

You better watch The Last Black Man In San Francisco… it’s one of the most beautiful films released recently.
I feel like the "play" scene from that movie is why they hired him.

Not even slightly worried if they can pull off his look... Excited to see what they do.

I know he's not meant to be Kang here, but when Majors showed up wearing what he was wearing, I was thinking "I hope that's not his Kang costume. He looks like CW Kang or Netflix Kang."

Kang is an elite warrior and genius who brings technology with him from the 40th century, as well as a literal temporal empire with countless worlds and timelines under his thrall so his resources are truly incredible.

Mere human?

I mean... Technically yes.

But really...

Human?

Yes.

Mere?

dd77pw3-a563471c-c17d-4935-822a-795164065f96.jpg

Yes. Kang is basically Evil Iron Man on steroids.

Mixed feelings on the finale for me, I enjoyed it, the performances were spot on, including Majors for me and this is the first time I have seen him. I am just not huge on Kang like a lot are so setting him up doesn't excite me a lot.

I guess I expected something a bit more epic and out there after episode 5. Also, Marvel still gets a little too involved with setting up what's to come rather than focusing on what it's doing currently for me.

Overall though this was the best D+ shoe so far. And I say this as someone who loved WandaVision and enjoyed TFAWS.

The immortus style variant Kang here was weary and ready to die. If he wanted Sylvie and Loki dead then he probably could of killed them. Kang knew their entire life story.
Yeah, I still don't get this either.

So Kang knows the life story of everyone and everything, except variants can and do happen, thus Kang can't be all knowing else he'd never be defeated, and if he knew life stories is that because he simply knows his history or because he's set certain paths in motion.

After that last episode, I'm just not sure what free will is within the MCU. Do our heroes have it or don't they?

So Kang knows the life story of everyone and everything, except variants can and do happen, thus Kang can't be all knowing else he'd never be defeated, and if he knew life stories is that because he simply knows his history or because he's set certain paths in motion.

After that last episode, I'm just not sure what free will is within the MCU. Do our heroes have it or don't they?

Sorta seems like our heroes never had it "up til this point" and even now its questionable so long as Kang exists in any of his forms. Because Kang is capable of controlling/conquering the entire multiverse, you're right free will is null.

Loki and Sylvie broke the timeline open, but it still comes down to whether or not Kang can truly be defeated.

I'll think you'll find there are a better selection of D+ shoes here:

d.jpg
If you look at this pic after a sneezing spree, with a bit of a squint (maybe some alcohol), this makes me think of some sci-fi star fighter.......... :)

I'm just not sure what free will is within the MCU. Do our heroes have it or don't they?
I kinda just see it that free will exists and that's why there are events and variants. Kang / Immortus just prunes the ones he doesn't agree with (in this case, any that don't result in the timeline he wants).

Awesome finale, what an amazing first season. Like I keep saying easily the best and my favorite of the MCU shows so far and of phase 4. So ready for Kang.

I was actually left underwhelmed by this final, simply because the big bad is just going to be a 31st century human that's been writing timelines since reality began, all because of the multiverse?

And yes, I know he is in the comics as a conqueror, but when we've got cosmic beings and the like, the idea of someone so powerful and threatening being a mere human just seems a tad inconceivable.

And how, exactly is a mumtiversal war supposed to transpire onscreen? You just can't portray that kind of thing, unless it's not an actual war, but instead, just a fight between those people.

It'll probably turn out great, at least I hope it will, but I can't help to think that they're trying to fill in some seriously big boots here. How do you truly portray battles not only between universes (an endless amount of them might I add), but also, time itself?

I'm not quite understanding the MCUM either; things change and there's a new branch of reality with new characters of the same characters. This potentially provides the opportunity for endless versions of characters dead or alive to return in other ways - what if?

It's a mess.

Lex Luthor, Doctor Doom, Joker, The Mandarin, just to name a few, are all human supervillains that is on an Avenger/JL threat level. These are comic stories we're talking about. Anyone can be an existential threat if written to be one, and Kang has tons of stories already about him being just that. I think your argument, which I'm sure there are others who feel the same, is probably more on a visual level. Since Thanos was such an imposing figure visually, some probably wanted something more menacing looking than a big purple alien, instead of what we ended up getting, some human looking dude.

Free will exist. It’s just an experiment of trial and error.

I think the point was he created the sacred timeline in an unnatural way. Old man Loki existed and escaped Thanos. Our Loki didn’t. So that incident didn’t matter. But once old man Loki tried to return, he was pruned and a new Loki story was written.

The nexus events don’t matter except in the a Kang can appear in a alternate timeline. Loki winning or MJ not learning his identity don’t matter as choices. HWR made a timeline that must flow in circle that prevents a Kang.

Beyond that not being true (Hunter B-15 and Hunter C-20), considering the identity of Ravonna and Kang, what was to be expected? We know who they are, already. They aren't a mystery. Also in the realm of what just happened, Kang was the one trying to stop the end of everything. The white woman disagreed, and went Karen on his ass.
But 15 and 20 were antagonists. And the character Jonathan plays wasn't even Kang, originally, just some another random villain who happened to be black

Everything with boastful Loki was hella sus

I'm confused about how the multiverse works... and I'm not even sure anyone can clarify it for me...

It looks like they've portrayed the multiverse in two completely separate ways. For example:

The Branching Timeline:
17fb6bf72c1144ebc4271e617765b06dc957a0d3.jpg

Here we see all the "multiverses" connected by one "sacred" timeline.

However, He Who Remains describes it as "Universes on top of eachother." Basically running parallel with each other. As depicted here:
a4d6b0fe2d422c8d1b82780f89f8e9fa

These don't look like branches nor look connected at all.

So which is it?? Is every multiverse timeline "connected" or separate/running parallel?? Or both??

Or is there a difference between the multiverse, as depicted on the TVA monitor, and the parallel universes that HWR talks about??

I'm so confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"