Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

It's basically impossible to predict. I agree about movie theaters. They seemed to be dying out somewhat even before COVID. I don't really like home viewing nearly as much, but younger people seem happy to watch movies and play games on their phones or tablets so I'm probably becoming a relic. I have an 86 inch TV in the family room, a 120 inch screen the our HT, but it's still not the same.

i have a PSVR so i basically have an IMAX theater at home- personally i have stopped purchasing most luxury items. 90% of my money goes into only food gas and necessary bills. I might buy an odd video game or movie in a blue moon (MCU FF on bluray)

yeah i can see this happening. Post credits for ant man 3 - Michael Douglas aka Pym telling them about this other scientist "who would make me, Banner and even Stark look like high school drop outs. His name was - Richards.
I like the suggestion of Reed making even Stark look like a high school drop out. And I think that's how it should be. But I believe the current narrative from Marvel is that Richards and Stark are more or less equals. The main difference being that Stark is more specialized, and Richards has a wider sphere of knowledge.

an insider recently tweeted that we should know something about the cast before the new year and much more by mid 2022. i saw it on a YT video i cant remember the name everything always or something. from a source that got previous leaks correct way in advance.

an insider recently tweeted that we should know something about the cast before the new year and much more by mid 2022. i saw it on a YT video i cant remember the name everything always or something. from a source that got previous leaks correct way in advance.

D23 is just over a month from now (Nov 19).

I’m nearly certain we’ll get something then.

Weren't individual members supposed to start showing up in the Marvel movies or series on Disney Plus? Obviously if that's the case, they're going to need to be cast first.

Weren't individual members supposed to start showing up in the Marvel movies or series on Disney Plus? Obviously if that's the case, they're going to need to be cast first.

We don’t know for sure, but I’m willing to bet on it based on Marvel’s history.

I’m also willing to bet they’ve already cast all or most of the main characters, but we’ll only hear the names when Marvel’s ready.

I’m nearly certain we’ll get something then.
We might get the official title and release date at D23 this year, but I’m not holding my breath on any official casting announcements. I suspect we get casting announced sometime next year.

We might get the official title and release date at D23 this year, but I’m not holding my breath on any official casting announcements. I suspect we get casting announced sometime next year.

I think we’re getting to a point that it would be unusual to not have something soon.

The most likely slot for FF is summer of 2023 (and if not that, almost certainly fall/winter 2023).

And we we haven’t heard anything about the cast.

I can’t think of any other Marvel projects in which we haven’t known the cast less than two years from release.

That’s not to say it’s a sure thing, but based on history and common sense, I think Marvel has a cast and the logical time to announce that cast is D23.

an insider tells me the title might be MARVEL STUDIO's THE FANTASTIC FOUR

release date probably in the summer of 2023 or 2024

I can’t think of any other Marvel projects in which we haven’t known the cast less than two years from release.

That’s not to say it’s a sure thing, but based on history and common sense, I think Marvel has a cast and the logical time to announce that cast is D23.

Disney in the COVID era is a different beast. They have learned the element of surprise is much better than leaks. See Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Evan Peters, Baby Yoda/Grogu, Luke in Mandalorian. They might just drop the cast names on us a month before the trailer.in 2023. theres absolutely no reason to rush. the cast dropping close to the first teaser/trailer footage is going to break the internet

an insider tells me the title might be MARVEL STUDIO's THE FANTASTIC FOUR

release date probably in the summer of 2023 or 2024
It’s actually very possible Marvel doesn’t add any subtitle and just calls the movie Fantastic Four, but they never called their Spider-Man movie Marvel Studio’s Spider-Man didn’t they? They added the Homecoming subtitle for the sake of differentiation. I imagine Marvel will likely take the same route with their Fantastic Four film.

It’s actually very possible Marvel doesn’t add any subtitle and just calls the movie Fantastic Four, but they never called their Spider-Man movie Marvel Studio’s Spider-Man didn’t they? They added the Homecoming subtitle for the sake of differentiation. I imagine Marvel will likely take the same route with their Fantastic Four film.

Being fair, there are a lot more Spider-man movies, and also, a decent number of them actually worth remembering and distinguishing from. That isn't as much an issue with Fantastic Four.

Anyway, in terms of cameos? I kind of suspect there will be *one* surprise appearance in a stinger, and that will be it before the movie itself. "OMG they are coming!" is the kind of thing you don't want to burn until the hype will actually matter.

Being fair, there are a lot more Spider-man movies, and also, a decent number of them actually worth remembering and distinguishing from. That isn't as much an issue with Fantastic Four..
Unfortunately true. Honestly, the title "Fantastic Four: Homecoming" would be just as appropriate here as with Spider-Man. Probably more appropriate, considering the FF was the first real Marvel comic, and Sony still owns Spider-Man (Not suggesting that will actually be the title).

Keep in mind, Spider-Man only has one film called “Spider-Man” - the original Raimi film.

Then there was Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3.

When they rebooted, it was The Amazing Spider-Man.

And then of course the third reboot was Homecoming.

Fantastic Four already has two films that are simply called “Fantastic Four” so they will almost certainly add some sort of tag to differentiate it from the 2005 and 2015 films.

Fantastic Four already has two films that are simply called “Fantastic Four” so they will almost certainly add some sort of tag to differentiate it from the 2005 and 2015 films.
I thought Trank's garbagefest was called "Fant4stic" :)
And Corman's was "The Fantastic Four", so there hasn't been a lot of variety in the titles.

Maybe they could call it "Fantastic Four: Voyage into Space" or "Fantastic Four: Into the Negative Zone" or something like that. BUT I really do not want the FF to get their powers in a teleportation accident, or from the negative zone. They need the cosmic rays.

Looks like F4 may have been delayed indefinitely:

Breaking: Marvel Studios Makes Major Changes to Upcoming Slate - Murphy's Multiverse

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS which was previously dated on 3/25/22 moves to 5/6/22

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER which was previously dated on 5/6/22 moves to 7/8/22

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER which was previously dated on 7/8/22 moves to 11/11/22

THE MARVELS which was previously dated on 11/11/22 moves to 2/17/23

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA which was previously dated on 2/17/23 moves to 7/28/23

UNTITLED MARVEL which was previously dated on 7/28/23 is removed from schedule

UNTITLED MARVEL which was previously dated on 10/6/23 is removed from schedule.

That July 2023 date was what was reported/speculated to be the MCU F4’s release date. Now it’s been removed completely.

Last edited:
Due to the recent delays I think May 2024 is the possible date,
Damn that’s almost 3 years from now

If it’s going to begin production in 2023, it could even be 2025.

Summer 2023 did seem early for a film that, apparently, hasn’t gotten very far yet, but I had come to believe one of those 2023 dates had to be FF.

Though while I’d like to see it sooner rather than later, I also wouldn’t mind if Marvel pauses, takes s breath, and makes sure they’re making the best films possible.

I finally saw Black Widow over the weekend, and I can’t help feeling like it wasn’t up to the level of quality we’ve come to expect.

With films like Black Widow, Shang Chi and Eternals, Marvel films are no longer the “must see” films they once were.

IWith films like Black Widow, Shang Chi and Eternals, Marvel films are no longer the “must see” films they once were.
Yeah, there was a time when even Marvel's C or D list material were guaranteed blockbusters. I have a feeling Eternals is going to break that. Hopefully I'm wrong. Shang Chi was #1 for a month though.

2024 for the Fantastic Four. Yikes, I hope I can live long enough to see it.

I think Black Widow was the exception to the rule. Many also feel the same about Captain Marvel and The Incredible Hulk being underwhelming. It is hard to bat 1000 all the time but I think they are allowed a few misses over the last 13-14 years and over 20 films. Compare their track record to DCEU or even Pixar and it is still remarkable.

I think Black Widow was the exception to the rule. Many also feel the same about Captain Marvel and The Incredible Hulk being underwhelming. It is hard to bat 1000 all the time but I think they are allowed a few misses over the last 13-14 years and over 20 films. Compare their track record to DCEU or even Pixar and it is still remarkable.
I don't think The Incredible Hulk was a bad movie, but for some reason I see Iron Man as kicking off the MCU. I don't know if there is any valid argument for me thinking that, admittedly. I know Stark had that cameo in the credits scene of Hulk, but it seems like Iron Man kicked off the momentum, at least.

The problem Marvel has right now is they don't seem to have any sort of over arcing story that they're telling, it just feels like they're releasing random movies. I guess they're building up to Kane, but they've lost a few of their heavy hitters (Stark, Rodgers) plus a few other favorites (Nat and Gamora). They need to give people a reason to get back in the theaters. Personally, I think they're waiting too long to bring the Fantastic Four and their characters in (Doom and Galactus), but I'm admittedly biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"