Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I'm concerned that by the time they get around to releasing the FF, the superhero boom will be over, and the enthusiasm for the Marvel movies will have dropped off. Leaving the FF with another lackluster performance at the box office, and a future of shrinking budgets. Not just shrinking budgets for effects (which are obviously needed), but also for cast, directors, writers, etc.

its been over 21 years since Blade....there is no such thing as superhero fatigue. When Spider Man and Venom show up on screen together you will see BO records set. there are only bad movies and good movies.

Last edited:
I don’t feel that pessimistic, but I do feel like they’ve gotten off track lately and they need to bring it back to where they were.

And a big part of that is classic, iconic characters that people want to see like X-Men and FF.

I think when they start introducing those characters and hopefully give them the films they deserve, the energy will return and weak efforts like Falcon and Winter Soldier and Black Widow will be forgotten.

right. the funny thing is most of the ppl i know were not even asking for a BW movie. most of us are waiting for X MEN and F4 to be done the MARVEL STUDIOS treatment

you are probably only interested because She Hulk was a member of F4.... XD

Yeah, and there’s a reason for that: I’m familiar with the character, so I’d like to see a show featuring that character.

… and that goes for characters like Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Black Panther etc.

But then Shang Chi or Eternals come along and I’m not interested. If Shang Chi had been introduced in an Avengers movie, okay, that might get me interested.

And that’s something Marvel did very well in the early phases. They inter-mixed big, popular characters with lesser known characters in a way that had us showing up for every release. They also kept things fresh and didn’t overly rely in sequels.

But they’re losing that momentum and I think they need to get back to that earlier strategy (and COVID didn’t do them any favors).

Fortunately, FF and X-Men give them the characters they need.

I think 2024, 2025 could be a “renaissance” of sorts, and that’s exciting, but we’ve still got a while to wait for that, and I hope execs don’t get nervous and screw things up in the coming years.

@Willie Lumpkin @Crimz @Stark Bauer Can I ask if you ever want the MCU to do what they’re doing with Spider-Man and do a multiverse film with the cast of the Tim Story and Trank film’s coming back?

thanks for the shout out. No I think it would be best to ignore the previous incarnations. Spider Man gets a pass only because the previous iterations were successful and the majority of people have nostalgia for them.

What do you think Detective?

thanks for the shout out. No I think it would be best to ignore the previous incarnations. Spider Man gets a pass only because the previous iterations were successful and the majority of people have nostalgia for them.
Yeah, the Spider-Man movies were mostly well done (unlike the FF movies). I thought Spider-Man 2 was one of the best superhero movies ever made. That fight with Doctor Octopus on the train looked like it was right out of the comics.

I liked the Tobey MaGuire movies, but I remember all the outrage there was over the "organic web shooters".

You didn't ask me, but I'm going to answer anyway:
Oh, hell no!!!
I knew I was forgetting someone, lol.

What do you think Detective?
For some strange reason, I read the bolded part of your post in David Warner’s Ra’s Al Ghul voice. :funny:

As for my stance on this…I wouldn’t mind some kind of revisitation of those versions of the characters as long as it isn’t permanent and it’s more of a one time thing that precludes them from being the default MCU versions. Maguire and Garfield are coming back in No Way Home, but it’s not like either of them are going to replace Tom Holland as the MCU Spider-Man. They’re only coming back because of the multiverse and Marvel and Sony saw the money potential in a live action of Spider-Verse film. By the end of the film those guys will go back to their native universes and that’s likely the last time we’ll see them. Though I do suspect Tobey might cameo in Strange 2.

As for my stance on this…I wouldn’t mind some kind of revisitation of those versions of the characters as long as it isn’t permanent and it’s more of a one time thing that precludes them from being the default MCU versions.
I am still totally against this, but if they're including the Trank travesty characters, I insist on them including the Corman version also!

Actually, I might go along with showing the FF and Doom from Fan4stic, as long as they're onscreen for about two seconds, and the new, super improved, MCU Doctor Doom destroys them all in a single blow. "Doom does not dress in a trash bag".

Remember guys next week is Disney Plus event day on November 12th. This is likely where Kevin Feige will make new MCU announcements. Since it’s only focusing on Disney Plus, it’s unlikely we’ll learn anything pertaining to FF, but I still think this is best shot that we’ll ever going to have in getting some official F4. Keep your expectations in check but keep your eyes peeled just in case.

Remember guys next week is Disney Plus event day on November 12th. This is likely where Kevin Feige will make new MCU announcements. Since it’s only focusing on Disney Plus, it’s unlikely we’ll learn anything pertaining to FF, but I still think this is best shot that we’ll ever going to have in getting some official F4. Keep your expectations in check but keep your eyes peeled just in case.
Probably not. If anything, we'll hear something at D23 which is just a week later on November 19th

Probably not. If anything, we'll hear something at D23 which is just a week later on November 19th

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the D23 event that’s happening this year is different from the one where they have news for Disney related movies and shows. The one your referring to as happening next month is actually Destination D23( which only be about collectibles and parks.) The D23 event where you should be expecting/hoping for any MCU news was already delayed to next year.

Disney’s D23 Delayed a Year to 2022

Which leaves that Disney Plus event day on November 12th the only time this year where you could possibly get Fantastic Four news. Though that event is only for Disney + so I would only expect we get news pertaining to Marvel shows as F4 is a movie, but there’s still a chance we get F4 related news especially if Marvel chooses to introduce any member of the team(pre-powers of course) as supporting characters in a show before their own movie(whenever that happens). But it’s just as possible Marvel waits until the movie to actually introduce the team. Fingers crossed we at least get something this year. Sorry to bring this news to you, but I figure you should know this now in order to save you from the disappointment and confusion when inevitably it happens next month and there’s zero news.

I am still totally against this, but if they're including the Trank travesty characters, I insist on them including the Corman version also!

Actually, I might go along with showing the FF and Doom from Fan4stic, as long as they're onscreen for about two seconds, and the new, super improved, MCU Doctor Doom destroys them all in a single blow. "Doom does not dress in a trash bag".

sorry Detective. I take back my answer. I recently saw other posters voice that Ioan Gruffudd playing the Maker - "an alternate evil version" of Reed ( i honestly dont know much about this character ). I would be fine with this, and maybe Michael Chiklis making a cameo as Ben's uncle. Evans can make a tongue in cheek cameo talking with the MCU Johnny. But no Alba (okay maybe Alba lol another tongue in cheek cameo)

Last edited:
sorry Detective. I take back my answer. I recently saw other posters voice that Ioan Gruffudd playing the Maker - "an alternate evil version" of Reed. I would be fine with this, and maybe Michael Chiklis making a cameo as Ben's uncle. Evans can make a tongue in cheek cameo talking with the MCU Johnny. But no Alba (okay maybe Alba lol another tongue in cheek cameo)
That doesn't sound bad, although I never got a vibe from Ioan Gruffudd that he was the smartest man in the world, or even anything remotely close to it. If they brought Alba in, they should do some joke where she gets naked, since they seemed to like to do that.

That doesn't sound bad, although I never got a vibe from Ioan Gruffudd that he was the smartest man in the world, or even anything remotely close to it. If they brought Alba in, they should do some joke where she gets naked, since they seemed to like to do that.

I dont think getting Alba naked would fly today especially in the MeToo generation. Personally, i think it would be gratuitous and unnecessary lol.

Disney Plus day this Friday on November 12th 2021. Here’s the press release:

FDq-qD0XMAEt0FE

If we get any F4 news confirmed this year, this will be the place to get it. As mentioned before D23 won’t happen until next year. Fingers crossed, but seeing as this only pertains to Disney + we likely won’t get any movie news which means no F4 movie news sadly. However, who knows when Marvel or how Marvel plans to introduce the FF? They’re just as likely to introduce some members in their shows as they are to just introduce them in a movie. So we could get some casting news(though I wouldn’t hold my breath). Either way, be on the look out for this event and let’s hope we’re pleasantly surprise at news instead of unpleasantly unsurprised at zero F4 news.

Sorry for the double post:

It’s now been confirmed that the Disney Plus day happening on November 12th will indeed have new Marvel Studios announcements.

Marvel Studios Disney Plus Day Presentation Promises New Project Announcements

Fingers crossed we get some “new announcements” that aren’t things that were already rumored and reported months ago by the trades. I’m really pulling for some pleasant surprises here, but I won’t be surprised if I end up watching this feeling disappointed that isn’t anything announced that gets me uber excited.

Thanks to the delays, and the FF apparently not starting production until 2023, the chances of any F4 announcements happening on this event are pretty much slim to none, especially since this only seems to covering the shows not the movies but hey maybe we get some surprise casting for Sue Storm for a tv show or something(not going to happen but I’m just spitballing here). Fingers crossed, but I’m fairly sure we will get zero news pertaining to Fantastic Four.

I think the main thing they’ll do is provide an updated schedule, and that may include both shows and films. With the recent shake-up people will be looking for some clarity.

We may get a release date, but if so, it will probably be 2024 or later.

I think the main thing they’ll do is provide an updated schedule, and that may include both shows and films. With the recent shake-up people will be looking for some clarity.

We may get a release date, but if so, it will probably be 2024 or later.
This seems possible, but I’m still expecting zero news on Fantastic Four tomorrow.

Anyway. here’s the schedule:

Disney+ Day - Friday, November 12
6AM PDT/ 9AM EDT/ 2PM GMT/ 7:30PM IST.

Marvel Presentation
8:45AM PDT/ 11:45AM EDT/ 4:45PM GMT/ 10:15PM IST

Tomorrow will be all about 2022 and probably Disney Plus only.
So no - no informations about F4 (that definitely will be SDCC or D23)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"