Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

This is my team, except that I have Lumineon instead of Milotic because I wanted to keep it to Gen 4 Pokemon only.
I was going to get Floatzel, but it's not exactly a great Pokemon. I loved Milotic, but it's so hard to get in Hoenn. It's still pretty bad in Sinnoh, but the lake in Mt. Coronet is smaller than the giant water way in Hoenn.

I missed that vid it looks better than the original design

Does anyone else find Exp Share in these remakes frustrating? Your frequently overleveled against random trainers and to an extent some gym leaders. I wish they had the option of turning it off or have some kind of scaling mechanic in place.

Does anyone else find Exp Share in these remakes frustrating? Your frequently overleveled against random trainers and to an extent some gym leaders. I wish they had the option of turning it off or have some kind of scaling mechanic in place.
You'll understand when you get to the League.

Also Legends comes out in 3 weeks.

The look of the game is what it is, but I'm excited all the same. I love how seamless it is when you go from exploring to battling. I'm also interested in the multi-stage fights against the Noble Pokemon. I like how it combines regular Pokemon battling with an action stage involving you the trainer. The speed-based battle system also seems like a neat twist, and it seems like something that would fit well with the freedom the rest of the game offers.

A lot of the elements of this game are things that I have wanted for years. Yeah, I don't think it looks great visually (though there have been moments from the trailers and gameplay videos that have looked rather nice), but I do think that this is a step in the right direction for the series as a whole.

The look of the game is what it is, but I'm excited all the same. I love how seamless it is when you go from exploring to battling. I'm also interested in the multi-stage fights against the Noble Pokemon. I like how it combines regular Pokemon battling with an action stage involving you the trainer. The speed-based battle system also seems like a neat twist, and it seems like something that would fit well with the freedom the rest of the game offers.

A lot of the elements of this game are things that I have wanted for years. Yeah, I don't think it looks great visually (though there have been moments from the trailers and gameplay videos that have looked rather nice), but I do think that this is a step in the right direction for the series as a whole.
I am right there with you. I also think overall, this is an important step. They are finally trying something different and even if this isn't close to perfect, the next attempt will benefit.

Last edited:
Now that the game has leaked, my excitement for Arceus has grown even stronger. Since they're leaks, I don't want to be specific and ruin things for someone, but it seems like there are a ton of new additions that are going to change things in a fun way.

This whole game is giving me a very BOTW meets Pokemon feel.

I'm not upset by that but I am concerned I'll have enough food to battle and catch a golden Spectrier before my ultimate pokeball breaks and I'm left with just a wooden pokeball and magikarp to defend myself

Last edited:
What the hell happened to Palkia's arms and what is that goiter growing out of Dialga!

Hisuian Arcanine is less majestic than I was hoping, but he is on my team of a very good boy.

it's so weird to have boss fights and our only weapon is powder bags.

I think the most important bit is that there is reasons to catch and encounter a pokemon multiple times.

Though the photo mode may be most important for Lily Adler.

Personally, I would have been more interested in this project if they had just taken the mechanics/visuals from Legends and convert it into a Platinum remake instead.

Personally, I would have been more interested in this project if they had just taken the mechanics/visuals from Legends and convert it into a Platinum remake instead.

But then, its not a remake.

I'm very curious what carry overs to Gen. 9 because I really like the damaging mechanic to the trainer. Also hope they ditch turn based battling entirely to try a real time battling system.

I'm very curious what carry overs to Gen. 9 because I really like the damaging mechanic to the trainer. Also hope they ditch turn based battling entirely to try a real time battling system.

Agreed. I also hope that they can get some voice actors for the franchise as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"