Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

I'm very curious what carry overs to Gen. 9 because I really like the damaging mechanic to the trainer. Also hope they ditch turn based battling entirely to try a real time battling system.

I highly doubt you are going to see the main series see any changes like what we are seeing here. I suspect what we are going to see is similar to what we are seeing with Monster Hunter, with two teams working on their different projects.

Reviews seem to be generally positive, so that is a good sign.

Not gonna lie, not happy with what they did to the Rowlett line....

Cynthia's ancestor being evil was a twist.

Anyone expecting an open world game will be a little disappointed. It's like the Wild Area with more to do and Pokémon acting more natural.

upload_2022-1-30_20-26-47.pngupload_2022-1-30_20-27-29.pngupload_2022-1-30_20-28-17.png
upload_2022-1-30_20-29-25.pngupload_2022-1-30_20-29-54.pngupload_2022-1-30_20-30-41.png

I haven't decided if this is my final team or not. Ngl, wish I had a shiny Starter.

The way you can use your Pokémon in Legends is how I imagined HMs would work today.

I'm thinking of ditching Sneaseler or Hisuian Electrode for Kleavor...

As much as I'm enjoying this game, I kinda wish it was bigger budget. I don't know how you can have one of the biggest franchises in the world and still have it looking as dodgy and awkward as this does some times.

As much as I'm enjoying this game, I kinda wish it was bigger budget. I don't know how you can have one of the biggest franchises in the world and still have it looking as dodgy and awkward as this does some times.
At this point, I think it's time for them to drop Game Freak as the developer and find a team that can actually get the most out of the franchise and hardware's potential.

Nintendo have frustrated me more and more lately, and this game is a great example of why. I feel like Nintendo have never needed to worry as much about performance because you could generally rely on a Nintendo exclusive being a pretty solid, all round experience.

But it's one thing to not need to compete with the other consoles... But when you're not even keeping up with the performance of other titles on your platform, I think that's an issue.

Still enjoying the fun of this game but sheeesh it looks and feels rough at times.

At this point, I think it's time for them to drop Game Freak as the developer and find a team that can actually get the most out of the franchise and hardware's potential.

Game Freak is part owner of Pokemon. They ain't going anywhere.

Nintendo have frustrated me more and more lately, and this game is a great example of why. I feel like Nintendo have never needed to worry as much about performance because you could generally rely on a Nintendo exclusive being a pretty solid, all round experience.

But it's one thing to not need to compete with the other consoles... But when you're not even keeping up with the performance of other titles on your platform, I think that's an issue.

Still enjoying the fun of this game but sheeesh it looks and feels rough at times.

I mean, its Game Freak. Different developers and different teams are able to handle the Switch hardware differently. I mean, Capcom used dark magic to get the RE Engine to work as good as it did in Rise. And it definitely helps that Nintendo has been working on HD systems since the Wii U, unlike Game Freak, who pretty much was pushed into HD development by Nintendo killing off the 3DS.

I mean, its Game Freak. Different developers and different teams are able to handle the Switch hardware differently. I mean, Capcom used dark magic to get the RE Engine to work as good as it did in Rise. And it definitely helps that Nintendo has been working on HD systems since the Wii U, unlike Game Freak, who pretty much was pushed into HD development by Nintendo killing off the 3DS.

Yeah, but I feel like if they really wanted to push that envelope further, they'd be able to get the resources. Even something as straight forward as voice acting (a think I noticed many reviews pick up on). The reality is, if this wasn't Pokemon, would it stand out amongst other games at all?

I get it, not every Nintendo game can be Breath of the Wild quality in terms of depth, but when you market your game to look and feel like BOTW, people are obviously gonna compare the two.

But like i said, still enjoying it. But those graphics... It was raining in game the other night and the whole screen turned into a flickering mess. And face shadows are weird red blotches? I thought one character had a huge scar on their face for about 10 minutes before I realised it was just poor shadows/lighting haha

I mean, I think Sword/Shield should have been a good indication of what your expectations should be.

Honestly think some aspects of Sword/Shield looked better. The areas were less expansive which I think allowed for more control, and the Pokemon themselves just looked more crisp and stylised in Sword/Shield.

I think leaning more into the heavily stylised aesthetic helped cover up that limitations of the engine somewhat. The characters in Legends can look really washed out sometimes and I think highlights the shoddy lighting a bit more?

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.41.57 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.41.47 pm.png

I find the game to look best in handheld mode though some tweaking of my tv settings has it looking okay when docked.

The problem is Gamefreak this game could’ve used more time and a higher budget but Gamefreak care not cause they know they’ll make money regardless.

Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet-hit-Nintendo-Switch-in-late-2022.png

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s new starters details - Polygon

There is absolutely no way they are integrating any feedback from Arceus into this one.

Also, I have to laugh at Pokemon Company releasing this almost immediately after the online Digimon event.

Between 1996 and 2022 there's only been 8 years without a main game release. Yes some of those years were remakes bringing 20+ year old games to new hardware but still. . . . Seems to me like they just focus on moving forward incrementally.

The way they develop them and speed which they're cranking them out isn't leaving much room for a big expansion. It's more like S&S gave us the wild. Arceus built on that some, and now it seems Scarlet and Violet may take that open concept even a little further. Would I love a complete overhaul pulling them to BotW type open world with real time battle? Yup. I would love nothing more than to swoop down on my Charizard and take out the bad guys but they move to slow in the development. I'm sure whatever they're working on for 2023 will also only be incrementally better when it comes to one aspect of the next two.

Between 1996 and 2022 there's only been 8 years without a main game release. Yes some of those years were remakes bringing 20+ year old games to new hardware but still. . . . Seems to me like they just focus on moving forward incrementally.

The way they develop them and speed which they're cranking them out isn't leaving much room for a big expansion. It's more like S&S gave us the wild. Arceus built on that some, and now it seems Scarlet and Violet may take that open concept even a little further. Would I love a complete overhaul pulling them to BotW type open world with real time battle? Yup. I would love nothing more than to swoop down on my Charizard and take out the bad guys but they move to slow in the development. I'm sure whatever they're working on for 2023 will also only be incrementally better when it comes to one aspect of the next two.
Scarlet & Violet was confirmed to be actually open world. Seen fans speculate that may mean an overhaul to the Gym Leaders where they can be challenged in any order. Of course the wish is there are 18 Gyms we can challenge too. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"