Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still have to pay a monthly fee for it? Might be worth doing it for a month or two for me when the next game comes out.

And you can't go backward, right? Just to same gen/future games?

Cool, thanks. I've been wanting to play a Pokemon game anyway. This pretty much sealed the deal that it'll be White 2. Dragonite FO LIFE.

I do need to add that you only get to White Treehollow after you complete the main game and then you have to battle your way down a few stories before you get to the final level where banjirou is. So they do make you put in some work, lol.

Last edited:
Do you still have to pay a monthly fee for it? Might be worth doing it for a month or two for me when the next game comes out.

And you can't go backward, right? Just to same gen/future games?

I think you get a free trial. What I did is got my free trial to transfer and then cancelled.

I do need to add that you only get to White Treehollow after you complete the main game and then you have to battle your way down a few stories before you get to the final level where banjirou is. So they do make you put in some work, lol.

And it comes at Lv. 1 apparently. They really make you work for it. haha

I think you get a free trial. What I did is got my free trial to transfer and then cancelled.

Cool, that might be what I do too, once the new game comes out. Then I can have a low-level Dratini that I can raise as I go through the game.

Thanks y'all. :up:

Pokemon Rumble World Is Coming To Retail In North America. February 19, 2016 . 11:30am

North America is getting the version of Pokemon Rumble World with no in-game purchases in April.

Pokemon Rumble World is immediately available as a free-to-play game in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. There, people are able to play for a limited amount of time each day, with the option of using real cash to purchase Poke Diamonds. On April 29, 2016, people in North America will be able to purchase a retail boxed version that will include more immediate access to all content and no in-game purchases.

The boxed version of Pokemon Rumble World offers a number of niceties that eliminate the need for microtransactions. 3,000 Poke Diamonds and the Poke Diamond Digger that gives 40 Poke Diamonds every day you log in will be available in the in-game shop at the very beginning of the game, alongside Pokemon VIP cards. People can get a Timing Stop VIP Card, once the Timing Stop opens, to take them to any stage for one Poke Diamond, or a Balloon VIP card that lets you use a hot-air balloon for one Poke Diamond.

Pokemon Rumble World’s retail version will be compatible with the free-to-play’s version’s StreetPass and SpotPass, but you can’t take save data from the free version and use it with the retail version.

In Pokemon Rumble World, players go through a beat’em up game with toy Pokemon. Each area has new toy Pokemon in it and battling against them may give you an opportunity to add them to your roster.

The retail version of Pokemon Rumble World is immediately available in Japan and Europe.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokemon Rumble World on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

I never really care about battle towers. I really play through the main game, and that's it. Pick it up a few years later and play through it again. Any post-game stuff, I like it to be additional story stuff. Sort of like how you could go to the Kanto after finishing the main Johto story.
But you got to enter the World Tournament and battle Gym Leaders and Champions from other regions.

How are Pearl and Platinum on DS? I just looked through the games my ex gave me before we broke up and those two were there, including SoulSilver and White. I hade thought Black/White 2 were there but it looks like I was wrong.

I never played the GBA games though, so I have AlphaSapphire now and am trying to get into it, but I'm wondering if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are worth checking out as well.

They're okay. I personally wasn't a fan despite loving the Champion. Platinum is definitely more satisfying game, IMO.

seems the uk is getting the short end of the stick the VC copies retail for £10. so roughly about $15

I mentioned this in the Fire Emblem thread, but I find it interesting how the Fates games seem like they have the same story up until a certain chapter, and after that, that's when the branching stories begin. I actually wouldn't mind seeing this implemented in a Pokemon game. Something like having both games take place, or allow access to different areas where only certain Pokemon are available. It would actually add more incentive to buy and play through both stories, but I could see this being an issue in the sense that it removes the fun of trading with other players.

I love the idea, but I know it probably will never happen for the simple fact that it's more work, and the model of two exact games work that they won't see a need to alter it.

What's the best way to get a game like Black/White 2? Would it be to pay slightly more than MSRP at Amazon, or slightly less used at Gamestop?

I know Nintendo games rarely go on sale, but these two seem super hard to find at most stores, so it almost seems pointless to wait for some kind of Best Buy/Target sale.

What's the best way to get a game like Black/White 2? Would it be to pay slightly more than MSRP at Amazon, or slightly less used at Gamestop?

I know Nintendo games rarely go on sale, but these two seem super hard to find at most stores, so it almost seems pointless to wait for some kind of Best Buy/Target sale.

Toys R Us

They are out of print I'm pretty sure. You can get it cheaper at Gamestop since the average price is going for about $45-50 second hand and GS has a pre-ordered copy at $35. But you'll have to find a store with a copy.

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/pokemon-black-version-2/101472

Click check availability
I don't really want to buy used, but I noticed White 2 is $29.99 and they are available at the stores nearby.

Is there a reason why it's cheaper though. I've read that White is better for catching Pokemon and training, while Black is better for battles and gaining EXP faster.

Is there really that much difference between the two?

Toys R Us
Thanks, I completely forgot about them. I might have to check the store because the website doesn't have it.

Well, the odds of you finding one new is pretty low, and you're probably going to have to pay at least $45-50 for it. You may get lucky and find a new copy somewhere for MSRP, but it's been out of print for too long probably to realistically find.

EDIT: Well, maybe I spoke too soon. Looks like Amazon seller has some new ones for not too expensive

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SVNP8/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true

Rumor's floating around the next Pokemon is titled Rainbow. Feel like this isn't the first time I've heard such rumors. I'm putting my bets on Pokemon Z over any other.

Is that for one game or both?

I don't think I'm a fan of that title. Seems like more of the development name than the actual name of the next game.

The rumor came from an allegedly verified insider on NeoGAF who said a big Pokemon project was coming to the 3DS this holidays and, yes, Rainbow was just a development name.

Here is the post:

3DS release list 2016 *Funded by Nintendo only*:

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

Cb-nANdVAAA9poW.jpg:orig

Pokemon themed Direct coming Friday, but apparently it's only about 5 minutes based on the estimated from some of the stream feeds.

5 minutes is pretty short. Game trailer and that's about it. I'm still holding my breath for a full Direct.

It is short, but for reference, the X/Y Direct was 11 minutes, with about 5 of those being a retrospect of the series, finally followed by like a 3 minute trailer of X/Y. Seems like Pokemon news and directs tend to be pretty short and to the point.

I expect we'll get the main pokemon game announced for this year, and maybe a sneak peek at anything else they have planned for the 20th anniversary. Might even get a date for Pokemon Go as well.

i'd kill for a multi region uber game but i doubt it. if this turns out to be another spin off mystery dungeon or picross yeah the fires will start lol

Since both of those just got games, I doubt it. I mean, it's a multi-regional Direct as well as being on Japan's "Pokemon Day." I would be really surprised if it's not an announcement of Z/XYX/X-2 and Y-2, whatever the hell the third game of this gen will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"