Last Lounge in Soho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatched Terminator 2. Man, what a great flick this is. It keeps aging like a fine wine. Tis' also a real bummer how this franchise became such a bloody mess, real tragic. To me, the entire thing ended after this one. They stopped the machines.

I also caught bits and pieces of that awful Jason Momoa Conan movie. The Conan universe is vast and filled with badass stories. Damn shame we still haven't gotten a great version of em. I like the Ahnold movies well enough, but the source material is greater than all of that.

wrong thread. Eh, so be it.

Japanese whiskey>>>All

Rewatched Terminator 2. Man, what a great flick this is. It keeps aging like a fine wine. Tis' also a real bummer how this franchise became such a bloody mess, real tragic. To me, the entire thing ended after this one. They stopped the machines.

I also caught bits and pieces of that awful Jason Momoa Conan movie. The Conan universe is vast and filled with badass stories. Damn shame we still haven't gotten a great version of em. I like the Ahnold movies well enough, but the source material is greater than all of that.

Japanese whiskey>>>All
T2 is the best of the bunch, especially the director's cut. :)

I'll ask...

Why do we give multiple flying ****s about Britney Spears at this late date given all the other **** we got going on as individuals and society?

I'll ask...

Why do we give multiple flying ****s about Britney Spears at this late date given all the other **** we got going on as individuals and society?
We stan a queen who's managing her disabilities and not being taken advantage of.

We stan a queen who's managing her disabilities and not being taken advantage of.

anigif_sub-buzz-4006-1635877515-17.gif

:o

Unpopular opinon:

1. Britney brought her problems on herself.

2. Conservatorships rightfully should be hard to impose but the Britney saga has made people have knee jerk reactions when the reality is that a lot of people you see on the streets in big cities and small towns would have benefited from some kind of legal guardianship that could bring more opportunities for treatment and education to them.

And yes I guess I did just channel Schlosser.

anigif_sub-buzz-4006-1635877515-17.gif

:o

Unpopular opinon:

1. Britney brought her problems on herself.

2. Conservatorships rightfully should be hard to impose but the Britney saga has made people have knee jerk reactions when the reality is that a lot of people you see on the streets in big cities and small towns would have benefited from some kind of legal guardianship that could bring more opportunities for treatment and education to them.

And yes I guess I did just channel Schlosser.
Yes, yes you did... For shame Miguel.

Probably ****shaming her and obsessing over her virginity like 2000's media did. :o
Either way... It's really important that we be falling for... I mean discussing and caring about this instead of other things. :halo:

Either way... It's really important that we be falling for... I mean discussing and caring about this instead of other things. :halo:
Unlike you I can multi-task it's one of my many talents...

tumblr_o7jnnszqEV1ramnmyo1_500.gif

Japanese whiskey>>>All
I'm mainly interested in the Japanese whiskey part. Soooooooo.......the last time I actually got drunk was when I was doing some work up in San Francisco maybe 4 years ago. I was staying at the Hotel Nikko in Union Square (they also have a really nice indoor, glass enclosed pool and workout facilities). Union Square is an interesting place. You walk a block or two and you're in the Tenderloin District; where all kinds of interesting things happen. A friend of mine that I went to UC Santa Cruz with is an attorney who works for the California Department of Insurance. He basically takes down insurance companies that try to pull anything so he keeps busy. Now, where was I.......whiskey. He also has a penchant for Japanese whiskey. Anyway, we met up at some bar near the Embarcadero after he got off work and he buys me a couple of Japanese whiskeys. After we eat, he says we should just walk back to Union Square because he knows a few places he'd like to stop at (I'm guessing you can see where this is going by now). So, we stop at like 6 different bars; all of which have Japanese whiskey and he's telling me about each shot. What I heard was mumble, mumble, drier, mumble, smokey.....mainly I heard "whiskey". Isn't it amazing how many interesting people you meet when you are completely hammered? We met this guy from Ireland and his girlfriend (who I think was asian?? don't remember for sure) who were getting married the next day, so my buddy is buying them shots of......Japanese whiskey. Finally, I just left and walked back to the hotel (by now were were pretty close. Otherwise I don't think I would have made it). The next day, I called him and asked him if he was still alive. His response was "of course, but I got delayed after you left and had to take a cab home". He has a collection of Japanese whiskey at home and some of that S*** costs hundreds of dollars per bottle.

I'm glad the hotel has a nice breakfast with Bloody Marys and a swimming pool. That was the last time I drank Japanese whiskey. The End.

I'm mainly interested in the Japanese whiskey part. Soooooooo.......the last time I actually got drunk was when I was doing some work up in San Francisco maybe 4 years ago. I was staying at the Hotel Nikko in Union Square (they also have a really nice indoor, glass enclosed pool and workout facilities). Union Square is an interesting place. You walk a block or two and you're in the Tenderloin District; where all kinds of interesting things happen. A friend of mine that I went to UC Santa Cruz with is an attorney who works for the California Department of Insurance. He basically takes down insurance companies that try to pull anything so he keeps busy. Now, where was I.......whiskey. He also has a penchant for Japanese whiskey. Anyway, we met up at some bar near the Embarcadero after he got off work and he buys me a couple of Japanese whiskeys. After we eat, he says we should just walk back to Union Square because he knows a few places he'd like to stop at (I'm guessing you can see where this is going by now). So, we stop at like 6 different bars; all of which have Japanese whiskey and he's telling me about each shot. What I heard was mumble, mumble, drier, mumble, smokey.....mainly I heard "whiskey". Isn't it amazing how many interesting people you meet when you are completely hammered? We met this guy from Ireland and his girlfriend (who I think was asian?? don't remember for sure) who were getting married the next day, so my buddy is buying them shots of......Japanese whiskey. Finally, I just left and walked back to the hotel (by now were were pretty close. Otherwise I don't think I would have made it). The next day, I called him and asked him if he was still alive. His response was "of course, but I got delayed after you left and had to take a cab home". He has a collection of Japanese whiskey at home and some of that S*** costs hundreds of dollars per bottle.

I'm glad the hotel has a nice breakfast with Bloody Marys and a swimming pool. That was the last time I drank Japanese whiskey. The End.

Japanese whiskey is an expensive lane the deeper one goes.

But you can have a great one at the 80 price point, which is what I'm currently on. Hibiki is honey bliss, man. Highly recommend, but jump on it now, cause Kanye was taking shots after shots of it, and that will surely lessen the supply, which isn't available everywhere to begin with.

Japanese whiskey is an expensive lane the deeper one goes.

But you can have a great one at the 80 price point, which is what I'm currently on. Hibiki is honey bliss, man. Highly recommend, but jump on it now, cause Kanye was taking shots after shots of it, and that will surely lessen the supply, which isn't available everywhere to begin with.

Yeah. I noticed. So is Scotch. The father of a woman I lived with in San Francisco (friends living) had one of the largest collections of Scotch in the country. I visited their ranch one time and he gave me little half shots of about a dozen different brands. Man that S*** is good. It's weird watching some rich guy climb up on his sliding ladder, pull out a bottle, dust it off, pour it, and give it to you (with an explanation you have no hope of understanding). I just nodded my head and drank it. I could never do that. In my home "good" = "gone". LOL

and here comes the snow....

I come down from my apartment (the interiors of this building was used for the Sylvester Stallone movie Cobra, but they took down the huge neon pepsi sign long before I moved in...anyway, I digress) my detective partner @C. Lee was already waiting for me. C.lee was 6ft 3 and a bit heavy set, receding hairline up front, but he had the tightest ponytail I ever seen on a man. He still dressed like a Miami VIce character for some odd reasons, but I never questioned it.

C.lee: DId yhou talk to the suspect's mother last night?
Me: I did. She told me her daughter was a sweet girl. Never in a any trouble. Told me we should talk to her boyfriend.
C.lee: Nice gal, huh. Sweet as applepie...she was a hoohkah! I bet she didn't mention that. She ran off with the money from these wise guys.

Me: Oh.
C.lee: Not a problem, spoke to her friend and might have a decent lead.
Me: How you manage that? She wouldn't talk to anyone.
C.lee: Drakkar Noir.
Me: What?! Wait. What the hell are you talking about.
C.lee: I sweet talk'er into telling me where she was going to be.
Me: Ok, but Drakkar Noir?

C.lee:In a world overflowing with fruity, floral colognes which pathetically bleat "please! Pay attention to me! I'm a really, really nice guy! Really I am!", Drakkar Noir still says, "I kick ass and I will frigging melt your mind with my insane psycho dangerous exciting fun masculine awesomeness, and if you don't want that, get lost - I'll find someone else in about two seconds".

Me. ....

C.lee: It works everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95