• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank freaking Quitely.

DpPbC9YXcAAMzz3.jpg
Nice. Is this a cover for the new Morrison run?

Teaser trailer alright. The demonic voice was unnecessary tho. Didn't even understand some of it.
I'll try to catch and type all of it in
"Only one may enter here, one whose worthy, bus (?) far (?) within, the diamond in the rough"

I hope Gunn's "fresh take" on the squad doesnt mean theyre wiping out the cast. I want Will back as Deadshot.

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie

Thoughts? This could get me in trouble but I think it has to be said, do you think she's worth all that money for this particular project? The article points out that Evans and Hemsworth made the same dough for IW, but they already starred in 3 successful standalone movies about their characters prior to that. ScarJo gets that payday without ever proving her character is an audience draw, and also in light of her recent less than stellar BO track record. Granted, there was demand for a BW movie years ago, but I think it seems a little too late now. Do I make any sense or am I some horrible sexist for questioning this.

She's getting the money because they think she's worth it. She's a huge name. Didn't one of her sci fi movies make a lot of money?

"The Last Samurai"

giphy.gif

I watched this film when I was younger and it stuck with me. It instantly became one of my favourite films and I re-watched it all the time. An epic story bolstered by an incredible score and one of Tom Cruise's best performances IMO. Speaking of an Edward Zick film, might be time to re-watch "Blood Diamond" soon.....

I saw this in the theaters and liked it. It's another movie that didn't get too much recognition at time of release but has grown in popularity over time.

I hope Gunn's "fresh take" on the squad doesnt mean theyre wiping out the cast. I want Will back as Deadshot.
I doubt Will Smith gets dropped. Most of the others are fair game.

She's getting the money because they think she's worth it. She's a huge name. Didn't one of her sci fi movies make a lot of money?

Her and Lawrence don't deserve that 'huge name'. They used to have hits now everything they do flops. Johansson only has MCU and she is sleepwalking there. She has to shamelessly wear Marchesa rags for anyone to give a damn.

I think they'll want to keep him, probably the only reason he wouldn't be in is if Smith didn't want to do it.

All of a sudden, I'm very interested in this.

I think they'll want to keep him, probably the only reason he wouldn't be in is if Smith didn't want to do it.
Hopefully he's up for it. I liked him in the first one.

You could honestly lose just about everyone other than Harley and Deadshot, though I suppose Harley's other movies may have the character tied up for now.

You could honestly lose just about everyone other than Harley and Deadshot, though I suppose Harley's other movies may have the character tied up for now.
Not that I disliked anyone else in particular, but I wouldn't be complaining too much if any of them didn't make it in, as long as all the replacements were worth their place. I'd like to see Harley. If she is to appear in a whole bunch of different movies a smaller appearance or cameo would still be cool.

The good thing about Suicide Squad as a premise is that it allows for a more episodic take where a completely different cast/premise each movie wouldn't seem out of the ordinary. Between killing off the originals or just saying someone else was selected for this mission, you have a lot of options.

Who cares if some fan-group watches a movie or not ? The movie's success (or failure) is determined by general audience all over the world.

Apostle

zmA3jjd.jpg

7Jl7oxj.jpg

A blood thirsty cult kidnaps his sister, he goes to a remote place to get her back. A slow build up to violence, and some moments which disturbed the hell out of me. I think ppl will be disappointed if they expect some RAID type action or for it to to be some revenge film, this ain't that. The horror moments were fantastic. I have read some complaints of this being too long, but don't agree with that, it adds to the tension. In a way, this is what The Wicker Man should've been. WIcker Man mixed with PumpkinHead. I might be over hyping this, but it gets 9/10 from me.

I got like two other movies to watch today in the theater... hopefully I can find the time to watch Apostle tonight.

if they really making an SS sequel, i do hope they keep Smith as Deadshot.
i liked him in the role - and he has said he's up to play the character again.

they just need a better story this time.

Apostle and Mandy would be a good double feature. Mandy would be the cocaine version, and Apostle the mary jane, take the edge off and slow burn into the bald abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"