Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm happy with positive receptions Titans gets and apparently few said that 'F- Batman' line isn't bad in context.
Very pleased with praises for Anna Diop, that lady deserves a break after sheets internet said. Brenton Thwaites is also getting pretty good feedback.

Oh, they'll release an episode per week.

Diop ending us as the most praised actor on the show after all the internet ******** has been hilarious.

She was good

Glad for her, it’s been a rough go ever since those set pics were leaked

Gotta say, you guys... despite how hokey it looks at times, Lois & Clark is filling the Superman shaped hole in my heart

All the main characters are so excellently cast
Ha, I’m in the middle of a re-watch too! I’ll always have a soft spot for this show.

Honestly, now seems like a good time for another Superman TV show. Whenever he’s struggling in the movies, he seems to find a nice home on TV.

Apostle and Mandy would be a good double feature. Mandy would be the cocaine version, and Apostle the mary jane, take the edge off and slow burn into the bald abyss.
Ok interested you put them together, I couldn't stand Mandy and turned it off which is rare for me for any movie. I know.

Is it worth me watching Apostle? I have it here ready to watch...

Ok interested you put them together, I couldn't stand Mandy and turned it off which is rare for me for any movie. I know.

Is it worth me watching Apostle? I have it here ready to watch...

Well, I can only show ya the door, it is up to your bald head to click play. I'd say Apostle has a more interesting story, if that makes sense. I liked both. Slow burning build up to both. Dan Stevens is a great actor.

Well, I can only show ya the door, it is up to your bald head to click play. I'd say Apostle has a more interesting story, if that makes sense. I liked both. Slow burning build up to both. Dan Stevens is a great actor.
Agreed, big fan of his I loved legion. Mandy just doesn't do it for me. I'll give it a go.

Thats what they get. Such a waste of a potentially kick ass show.

tumblr_pg9ojfl14c1xbjxxyo3_540.gif

This scene messed me up as a kid. :confused:

It's funny-- I saw it again a few years later and I was ready to be freaked out again, but had nowhere near the effect. It's interesting how perspectives change from being a kid and an adult.

Guess I should cancel my planned Marvel Netflix marathon too. I've only seen Daredevil and I thought it was time to see the others, but with this I'm not so sure now.

I'm convinced that if they had a better actor for Danny, this show would have worked. He makes the character just seem so just "sort of there" if you get my meaning. When he's in scene, it's almost like he isn't there. It's just words being said. When that's your protagonist, tough to keep a show going like that.

All I watch is Daredevil and the Punisher. Never bothered with the rest and I don't regret it.

Jessica Jones season one is pretty good and while I liked the second I've heard people say it's too depressing. Defenders was enjoyable too, should you ever feel like giving either a chance.

I'm convinced that if they had a better actor for Danny, this show would have worked. He makes the character just seem so just "sort of there" if you get my meaning. When he's in scene, it's almost like he isn't there. It's just words being said. When that's your protagonist, tough to keep a show going like that.
You haven't seen much of s1, then. Danny Rand, the way he was written, simply put was a POS and not in the charming way rather the annoying little kid being babysat by his...girlfriend. Very peculiar.

Jessica Jones season one is pretty good and while I liked the second I've heard people say it's too depressing. Defenders was enjoyable too, should you ever feel like giving either a chance.
I saw defenders only because of Daredevil.

I thought the actor they chose for Danny was not a great choice. Anyway, there are not too many people upset about this cancellation like they were when Inhumans was cancelled.

You haven't seen much of s1, then. Danny Rand, the way he was written, simply put was a POS and not in the charming way rather the annoying little kid being babysat by his...girlfriend. Very peculiar.

I think a better actor could have made it work in S1 though (I did see it). There was no there there. He was a non-character, a non-entity. A more nuanced actor could have found a way to portray the more soft-spoken, and in some ways immature, Danny in a more effective way. Take the bad guy in S2 (I forget his name right now). He grew up with Danny, was around the same people, and while he still had some of the same fish-out-of-water aspects in that you could still he wasn't a fully grown adult in some ways, he still felt like a character, still had enough presence. I'm not saying he was a great actor, but he had some of the limitations Danny had and yet portrayed it in a more effective way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"