Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the actor they chose for Danny was not a great choice. Anyway, there are not too many people upset about this cancellation like they were when Inhumans was cancelled.
That's because Inhumans got better as it went on. And it could've been even better with a slightly bigger budget.

Bad Times at the El Royale

dm7X4MN.jpg

I've seen a lot of Tarantino comparisons, and some of it is true, but this is Drew Goddard all the way through. I did feel the running time in some parts, and this has no replay value to me, but enjoyed most of the film. Jeff Bridges and Cynthia Erivo are the MVPs for me here, and Dakota Johnson in them tight 60s jeans is on point. Jon Hamm is always good and he just feels a natural in this era, he could've been a hollywood star in any period. Lewis Pullman ( Bill Pullman's son) takes some ham cues from his old man and chews his scene in some parts. The editing is top notch and so is the music score. Chris Hemsworth owns his brief scenes, he has great comedic timing. The overall story is never boring, but found myself not liking how much we get to know some of these characters, particularly with the Jeff Bridges character, he has a very moving scene that pretty much tells ya everything about him, we don't need to see a flashback. The dialogue is crisp, really good stuff. I think Drew Goddard would make a good director for JLD, but that unfortunately will never happen. If we doing one of them double features things, it would make a good one with The Nice Guys. Over all I had fun and kept my interest through out. I just wanted to add that the first hour is so smooth, the set up, tension, plot, everything is flawless to me.

8/10

Last edited:
Wut
Another GoT alumni lead goes out in MCU series. :( He'd be kicking around in The Defenders though.

She was good

Glad for her, it’s been a rough go ever since those set pics were leaked

Shazam set leaks --> Choking Internet noises --> Trailer dropped --> "Hey, the suit looks better in motion and fits the tone of the movie."

Starfire set leaks --> Choking Internet noises --> Episode dropped --> "Hey, the suit looks better in motion and they said she'll get another suit."

It won't end, obviously.

Just another quick random Bad Times at the El Royale thought. lol

Now, this aint a spoiler or really anything that is important to the plot. I was surprised to see Xavier Dolan as an actor here. He is a much better actor than director, but that ain't saying much. lawd.

Wut
Another GoT alumni lead goes out in MCU series. :( He'd be kicking around in The Defenders though.

Shazam set leaks --> Choking Internet noises --> Trailer dropped --> "Hey, the suit looks better in motion and fits the tone of the movie."

Starfire set leaks --> Choking Internet noises --> Episode dropped --> "Hey, the suit looks better in motion and they said she'll get another suit."

It won't end, obviously.
And, Starfire, Beast boy and Raven are going to get new suits after some episodes.

Guess I should cancel my planned Marvel Netflix marathon too. I've only seen Daredevil and I thought it was time to see the others, but with this I'm not so sure now.
I would say JJ S1 and Punisher are definitely worth a watch, if they interest you at all. For me Punisher might be my favourite of all the Marvel/Netflix shows, although it's been a while since I watched DD S1. I felt Punisher was almost a perfect season.

I put JJ S1 above Punisher, but just barely. Both are worth checking out, imo.

The Netflix shows let the quality fall after a great start and suddenly stopped being must-watch. No surprise about Iron Fist being cancelled.

I would say JJ S1 and Punisher are definitely worth a watch, if they interest you at all. For me Punisher might be my favourite of all the Marvel/Netflix shows, although it's been a while since I watched DD S1. I felt Punisher was almost a perfect season.
The point was all the shows are pieces of the whole puzzle. Iron Fist wasn't a standalone show like Cloak & Dagger or Inhumans and Punisher was spun off of Daredevil, so I feel like I have to watch all of them to get the whole picture. Kind of like in the MCU where even if movies like Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Ant-Man that can be seen without knowing anything else about the MCU, still provide something that completes the entire picture, you know. Though to be perfectly fair, it's more about sense of completion on my part. I feel like if I have to start watching a shared universe, I should watch everything. Now with IF being canceled, I don't see the point unless it's something I've already started watching like Daredevil.

Since WB likes doing Batman animations why not use Affleck script and make an animated movie out of it. Also whoever comes and directs Superman in the future better keep those Snyder sonic booms. They're now in the same realm of Cap America's Shield, IM suit and WB editing room. Iconic

Since WB likes doing Batman animations why not use Affleck script and make an animated movie out of it. Also whoever comes and directs Superman in the future better keep those Snyder sonic booms. They're now in the same realm of Cap America's Shield, IM suit and WB editing room. Iconic
Superman breaking the sound barrier and making a sonic boom was also done in Superman Returns.

Haven't heard this song in a long time. Really makes you think how it gets worse every minute.

I thought the actor they chose for Danny was not a great choice. Anyway, there are not too many people upset about this cancellation like they were when Inhumans was cancelled.
I never get upset when Buck shows get cancelled.

Scott Buck was proof of Kevin Smith's theory of people failing upwards in Hollywood.

Since WB likes doing Batman animations why not use Affleck script and make an animated movie out of it.

I don't think there's much of a point now.

Zendaya is taller. She's supposed to be 5'10 and Holland is 5'7 - 5'8. Laura Harrier is also taller than 5'9.

I liked his voice, very youthful and makes him convincing as a teenager.
If they want him to be around as an adult later, personally I still don't mind his voice.

At least it's not like One Piece's Pica.

Saw Titans S1E1.

Pretty good. Not great. Some of the dialogue was iffy, but okay-ish by TV standards. The only interesting storyline was the Grayson storyline. Starfire meh. Grayson's death scene was amazing. Thwaites plays an amazing Dick Grayson, and there's a huge nod to Batfleck at the end of the episode. Sooo perfect eugh.

Also btw, you guys are not ready for that alleway fight scene. OMFG. I winced a couple of times. It was ****ing brutal AF. Even Affleck's Batman wasnt this brutal. I ****ing loved it. Totally justified as well. They ****ing didnt hold back. Me when the scene ends and Robin says those words :

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"