Lounge of Justice - Part 90

new dune trailer got me hyped.
will probably re-subscribe to hbo max when its out. lol.

my local library had a book sale recently and a copy of the book was available so i'm reading it now.

I hope dunc succeeds, although it’ll probably end up like BR:2049, which deserved all the money in the world.

Denis needs a winner

He should probably pick more popular properties then. I mean Dune divides even hardcore Nerd Culture and Bladerunner is super niche.

If it fails though I am sure he and Nolan will blame HBO Max for it. :o

He should probably pick more popular properties then. I mean Dune divides even hardcore Nerd Culture and Bladerunner is super niche.

If it fails though I am sure he and Nolan will blame HBO Max for it. :o
Correct. I have learned with Dune it has to be perfect or it will be hated. The movies Sci-Fi did proves that.

Shout out to our Cuban brehs. I truly hope it works out for ya'll! The selfish ME just wants Cuban Cigars to be legal stateside. I'm tired of making backroom deals and shaking dirty hands. I do have a very nice 'connect' from Germany, very nice dude, he kinda looks like Danny Devito but Albanian, he goes out of his way for a good fee to get them sticks on my doorstep, I don't ask how and I don't want to know.

Last edited:
FrKz.gif

i just found out that nic cage has a nephew, bailey coppola, who is a doppelganger of his younger self.

lol.

And I’ll say this, it immediately draws me in a lot more than the Abrams/Coates movie if MBJ is playing the title character.

hope we get more miniseries’ for major characters on MAX. Leaning into DC seems like a wise strategy for gaining subscribers.

The Hollywood Reporter has more details on the project and how it came apart. tl;dr: Jordan pitched a Val Zod movie in the past, but the studio was moving away from actor-produced projects where that level of control is given to the star. Then HBO Max reached out to him independently about doing it as a mini-series.

BIG NEWS HITTING THE WIRES as we were trying to put this edition to bed.

Collider broke the story that WarnerMedia’s HBO Max and DC are developing a SECOND Black Superman project. This one has Michael B. Jordan producing, possibly starring in, a limited series for the streaming service based on the Val-Zod incarnation of the character.

Jordan tried to develop a Black Superman feature when he and his production company Outlier Society had a first-look deal at Warner Bros. Depending on who you talk to, it fell apart because Jordan wanted too much control over the project or Warner Bros. was shifting away from actors having control as producers, which sounds like different sides of the same coin to us.

Jordan eventually left the Warners tent and the studio later handed the reins to J.J. Abrams, who brought in Ta-Nehisi Coates to work on a take and story.

But here’s what happened next, according to sources: The HBO Max side of the business then approached Jordan and asked him if he’d like to try his project for them. It was either synergy or, at the time, a surprise, depending on who you talk to. No overlap is seen, however, as Jordan’s is considered to be early development and on a different time track.

HBO Max had no comment.

Elsewhere, Batgirl was found this week. Leslie Grace, a breakout from the Warner Bros' In the Heights, has been tapped to play the titular character in HBO Max’s feature.

The casting process was unusually swift, surprising those that had skin in the game. There was a short burst of meetings and screen tests in June and by the 4th of July holiday weekend the videos of the shortlist were sent to the directing duo of Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah. “I expected a longer process for such a big role,” says one agent.

One motivation for the swiftness: sources say training will take months and so will the tailoring of the suit.

“"Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

The distinction is an important one, particularly within the Black community, as Broadnax explained how it would be tone-deaf of Warner Bros. and DC to 'racebend a white character and erase Black characters that already exist in the DC universe under the Superman banner — Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod.'”

Good stuff

Whatever MBJ wants he is the key fore not the version of the character. If he wanted to be Clark that was fine by me.

Guess I have to research Val Zod now :)

Whatever MBJ wants he is the key fore not the version of the character. If he wanted to be Clark that was fine by me.

Val-Zod would've been the perfect choice if they continued with Snyder's DCEU because his story was very much like New 52 Earth-2 story and it would've been the perfect way to introduce Val-Zod.

Very happy about the Val-Zod news.

Its kind of interesting that he's also doing a Static Shock movie for HBO Max. There is character called Icon who is Superman like as well. Wonder if they are just letting him have his own mini universe.

Its kind of interesting that he's also doing a Static Shock movie for HBO Max. There is character called Icon who is Superman like as well. Wonder if they are just letting him have his own mini universe.
Icon is more like Martian Manhunter than Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"