Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Warner Bros. Discovery Puts Pressure on J.J. Abrams

J.J. Abrams’ Demimonde, the first show the prolific producer has written since Fringe in 2008, is on the bubble at HBO as sources say Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is frustrated by the lack of output from Bad Robot’s $250 million overall deal.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the budget for HBO’s Demimonde — which has been in the works since 2018 — is a source of contention as Abrams’ Bad Robot is eyeing a spend that’s north of $200 million. By comparison, the budget for HBO’s upcoming Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon is less than $200 million.

A decision on whether the sci-fi drama Demimonde will move forward is expected to come this week. The series cast Station Eleven and Watchmen alum Danielle Deadwyler in April and sources say studio Warner Bros. TV has reviewed 10 of the eight scripts for the drama that landed at HBO with a straight-to-series order two weeks after being shopped to buyers.

Bad Robot’s rich overall deal with Warner Bros. Discovery is currently not in jeopardy though the lack of output has created a larger discussion about what the newly merged company expects to stem from the pact. Zaslav, sources say, was frustrated with the lack of delivery from the deal that was signed back in September 2019 after Abrams and Bad Robot met with suitors including Apple as they shopped for a rich new pact.

Abrams has multiple projects in the works under the company-wide deal, with Demimonde joining an adult animated Batman series that reunites Abrams with his Felicity collaborator and friend Matt Reeves (who is behind The Batman feature film). Abrams and Bad Robot are also working on originals including HBO Max’s Subject to Change. Both of those dramas are based on original ideas from Abrams and have formal series orders. Abrams is directing the pilot for Demimonde, which has already changed showrunners. Other projects include a U2 scripted series that the studio is producing for Netflix, Apple’s Presumed Innocent and crime drama Duster for HBO Max as the production company Abrams runs with partner (and wife) Katie McGrath is also behind HBO Max’s DC Comics-based Justice League Dark franchise, which features shows including Constantine and Madame X.

Sources say the DC Comics properties have also come under the spotlight. Sources suggest there is some frustration within the halls of Warner Bros. Discovery that Abrams has laid claim to a number of DC characters but has yet to get anything on the air. Sources note Warners has seen scripts for Constantine and the pilot of Madame X.

Meanwhile, the lack of delivery on content to HBO and HBO Max has created a pipeline issue for both the premium cable network and streamer, make it challenging to plan for budgets for things like marketing. There’s currently no delivery plan for any of Bad Robot’s multiple projects for WBD platforms or for third-party buyers. Abrams, it’s worth noting, is working on a new Star Trek movie for rival studio Paramount Global as the Warners pact was did not include exclusivity.

In a larger sense, Zaslav is putting all of the studio’s overall deals under the microscope as he looks to trim $3 billion from the newly merged Warner Bros. Discovery. Other rich pacts at the studio include Greg Berlanti’s $400 million deal, of which Warners has already seen scores of shows and movies debut on linear and streaming platforms.

Bad Robot, it’s worth noting, has been rapidly expanding into divisions including gaming and podcasting.

How could Warners have reviewed "10 of the eight scripts"? exactly? :hehe::confused:

Whoever wrote that story needs an editor in the worst way.

As for JJ...well...I dont much care for his work so here is hoping they take characters away from him.

Watching more of the Heard v Depp clips. Walter Hamada testifies and was asked if he ever spoke to Zack Snyder about Amber Heard, he smirks and then says that he has never had a conversation with Snyder. He knows some section of the internet is going to hate him more for that smirk alone. lawd.

Heard and her team say that she should've been as big/working regularly like other actresses in her bracket, them actresses listed were Zendaya, Gal, etc. Depp's expert argues this by pointing out both Zendaya and Gal's social media following compared to hers, he goes even further and says that outside of this trial, she isn't being followed due to her acting in movies.

This is better than that over rated 'Marriage Story' flick.

Lord knows I would've used febreeze and never brought it up again.

amber-heard-sexy.gif

Last edited:
I’m not joking as im typing this, we are on locked down cause of an active shooter. Man, we was just going to get breakfast and I took a 100mg edible blueberry flavor, and the gal next to us has some huge eyes on her. We are safe tho, but this is america. Just like any other day

I’m not joking as im typing this, we are on locked down cause of an active shooter. Man, we was just going to get breakfast and I took a 100mg edible blueberry flavor, and the gal next to us has some huge eyes on her. We are safe tho, but this is america. Just like any other day

stay safe man.
keep us posted.

are you in sf?
or south bay?

this country is insane.

Them edibles are kicking in tho. Again, this is serious and we are safe, but the gal next to is was definitely an early 00s “actress”, but my mind is blank and not the righttime to ask but I keep looking.

We are visiting family up north here in the town of seaside ca. We been on lockdown in this small diner for hours now.

man wtf that town seemed chill.
though tbh too, somes them people around there give that "don't take my guns!" vibe, if u know what i mean.

i visited there w/ friends and family back just late last year.
we dined at The Butter House. got brunch there.

update:
Police negotiating with suspect who fired several rounds at officers in Seaside, shelter-in-place orders still active – KION546

i just checked the news and its some old dood with an assault rifle on the balcony of his apartment. he was served an eviction notice but he shot at the cops.
the area being locked down is exactly where i dined at last year at The Butter House.

stay safe!

Last edited:
We went to that place first but it was packed, so we didnt want to wait 40minutes, went to a smaller place. They goingg to let us leave in15...I also faked that oh u seem familiar line but she told me she isnt and wasnt in showbusiness, ...

Them edibles are kicking in tho. Again, this is serious and we are safe, but the gal next to is was definitely an early 00s “actress”, but my mind is blank and not the righttime to ask but I keep looking.
This reads like something from Hunter Thompson. ;nd

This reads like something from Hunter Thompson. ;nd

Lawd. I appreciate that comparison.

Anyway, I know there is far more important things to gather from this and whatnot, we were safe, it was just unexpected but not, tis' a feeling that most US folks know now, but when it happens, even at a lower level without casualties tis numb normal feeling. Anyway, that name of that ''actress'' kept bothering that I didn't remember, and I had to go deep into my hnnngh vault of my mind and there it was, like a name with neon lights around it---Briella Bounce. This woman today looked exactly like her, just a bit older, which is normal, BUT she might as well been a clone. If you know, ya know.

Will rewatch Goodfellas for the 1000th time with a good cigar and whiskey in memory of Ray Liotta.

C'est la vie

That moment when you get a random txt from someone no longer in your contacts. During our catch up back n forth, best way to describe these final txt is that subtle 'lets get out of here' nod Scarjo gives Bill Murray in Lost in Translation. Only 10 miles apart.

Temptation is a mutha.

giphy.gif

Few random kinda filled with corona seltzers thoughts:

Top Gun Maverick deserves a best picture nomination. Jennifer Connelly still plays, like a great wine.

Got me a new box of Cubans. There is a great short, bald, albanian looking german man who hooks your boy up, he goes out his way, and in return, I hook him up with different kinds of drinkin' potions. Like two lovers in a war, exchanging letters, but our poisons are far more gratifying.

The Boys Season 3 is EVERYTHING! This is what James Gunn wants his boring show to be.

Got a pair of them NB 550 Oreo versions. Pretty damn good and comfortable. Retro Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

Jennifer Connelly in the 90s! Who ever edited the music in this... deserves an oscar.

Reactions: MbJ
Is whole foods a west coast thing only? Anyway, tis' the only place to get that ninja squirrel coconut sriracha. The only reason I go in here is for that and the view, most women here are all in athletic outfits aka yoga pants and short tops.

Is whole foods a west coast thing only? Anyway, tis' the only place to get that ninja squirrel coconut sriracha. The only reason I go in here is for that and the view, most women here are all in athletic outfits aka yoga pants and short tops.

i like their fresh squeezed orange juice.
will get beef short ribs from the butcher counter when it's on sale. my wife makes galbi-jjim with it.
also like to get some a pie or cake from their dessert section.

seeing the young womens and milfs in yoga pants there is an added bonus. :word:

We've got them in Chicago too. The bigger the Whole Foods the more likely I am to be the only black guy inside.

Whole Foods? They don't have any stores in my province.

Am I missing much? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"