No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I love the suit as is. I hope it doesn't differentiate too drastically if it does.

I hope we get a brand new suit.
If Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man is featured? Why?

It would be one thing to update the suit a little, but massively confusing to just give him an entirely new outfit.

We're not really going to get anything new in these interviews, so Tom will unfortunately have to keep repeating the same thing over and over a lot regardless if he's lying or not.

But at this point him still denying their involvement just convinces me more and more that they're not in the film.

I hope we get a brand new suit.
Personally, I am expecting an upgrade of sorts, but whether or not it is upgrade I still think it needs to retain the feel of the original suit. If they upgrade, it still needs to be easily identifiable as the suit from the Raimi verse. I also really hope they don't put a CGI gloss over it.

Actors lie all the time, so again not surprising that he is denying their involvement. Not like he would confirm that they’re in the movie during some random interview haha.

I don't know man, still not getting my hopes up and I think some of you guys should temper your expectations as well.

I don't know man, still not getting my hopes up and I think some of you guys should temper your expectations as well.

It’s funny, I remember you being one of the biggest believers that they were in the movie not too long ago lol. I get it though, nothing wrong with lowering expectations at all.

Personally I’m still in the belief that they will appear in the movie at some point...just a matter of how big of a role it will actually be.

Yep, but I had unrealistic expectations back then after Alfred Molina was announced to come back. When Tom came out with that first interview where he denied that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were in the movie, it slapped me with the actual reality and made me realize a live-action Spider-Verse movie sounded way too good to actually materialize. And when he previously played coy about it, he now outright denies it which he did not need to do and could have just kept mum or vague.

I'd rather remain in skepticism than the other alternative again. If they're not in the movie, I don't get my hopes up for nothing and such my expectations aren't crushed, and if somehow they are in the movie, then it's a welcoming surprise.

I still believe they are 100% in this movie. the watching expectation part is in HOW they are in the movie.

I think there is enough good evidence to suggest they are in this movie. but thats where the evidence stops. they are there somewhere, and thats it.

At this point, people are gonna believe what they're gonna believe. Some will believe they aren't in the film, some will believe they are.

That's not much that can really done with that in terms of everyone's own expectations. We're all just going to have to wait and see at the end of the day.

As for me , I think they're gonna, at the very least, have a cameo in the film . Do I have 100% proof?

No. I'm not on the set or part of the production, but that's what I think given what's available.

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't , it doesn't.

My only expectations at this point is that the film is good, and so far imo, Feige and co have always delivered. I would only be disappointed if the film stunk.

I think they will be in the movie, but not a huge part. I think they will dip their toes into the multiverse aspect, but it won't be a full blown Spider-Verse film, they are saving that for down the line. This is just a taste.

Also pretty sure when Sony and Marvel extended the contract it was for another Spider-Man MCU film and for Spidey to appear in another crossover movie. Now I wonder, was Holland's contract the standard six film deal and the agreement was actually for the Andrew or Tobey Spider-Man to appear in Doctor Strange?

I think the current contract allows Spider-Man to appear in one other MCU movie.

I don't think this is a set up for a Spider-verse movie. this will probably be THE spider-verse movie. even if it turned out to be executed in a way thats not particularly heavy on it.
Yeah, in no way do I expect them to do a live action Spider-Verse film and actually call it Spider-Verse. That real-estate is already tightly secured. If this is a live action version of that idea then that's exactly what it will be, a 'version' of it. The Spider-Verse name wasn't coined til 2014 but prior to that we had versions of that story idea crop up already and they were both different in how the concept was used as it was- Shattered Dimensions, and Spider-Wars (90s cartoon).

Also pretty sure when Sony and Marvel extended the contract it was for another Spider-Man MCU film and for Spidey to appear in another crossover movie. Now I wonder, was Holland's contract the standard six film deal and the agreement was actually for the Andrew or Tobey Spider-Man to appear in Doctor Strange?

Well the only way Toby and andrew could be in Dr Strange 2 is if it was part of the deal. infact its possible for them to even appear in SM3 it needed to be part of the deal too.

The deal currently is very much one for you and one for us.

An excerpt from his recent British GQ interview. Really curious to see the context of this scene.

Is it even a Spider-Man movie if Peter doesn't cry? I think Peter has cried in every movie in the series lol. I can't recall a moment from Homecoming at the top of my head but I can for every other.

Yea Peter crying, including specifically Holland’s Peter crying, isn’t anything new.

652ad417cb43da9359ab2e51eaf367cc.gif

original.gif

peter-parker-tony-stark-mcu-Favim.com-7742203.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"