No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

....am I the only one who think the titles for these Spider-Man movies featuring Tom Holland have been flat terrible? I mean come on, Homecoming, Far From Home, and now No Way Home?

I mean I get what they're going for, but these titles really aren't good. Whoever's been coming up with them needs to be fired. :o
I liked the double meaning for Homecoming. The "oh, they're really doing it" aspect of Far From Home distracted me from thinking about the title too much. But trying to think of a title for this one made me realize how forced the whole thing felt.

Almost 20 years have passed, but Alfred Molina still looks good to play the part.

IMG_9769.jpg
Still the best Marvel villain ever!

I think the "Home" subtitles are a way of identifying this version of Spider-Man against the Spider-Man Trilogy and the Amazing Spider-Man Duology. So you get the Spider-Man Home Trilogy.

What did you guys want for subtitles? 2 Spider 2 Man? Spider-Man: Tokyo Drift? Spider & Man? Spider Five? Come on, they're fine. The subtitles are fine.

I think the "Home" subtitles are a way of identifying this version of Spider-Man against the Spider-Man Trilogy and the Amazing Spider-Man Duology. So you get the Spider-Man Home Trilogy.

What did you guys want for subtitles? 2 Spider 2 Man? Spider-Man: Tokyo Drift? Spider & Man? Spider Five? Come on, they're fine. The subtitles are fine.

Exactly and as I said before the title works fine as it represents more than just a title it's part of the journey.

The MCU subtitles have been real hit or miss. I feel like the Captian America trilogy had the best ones. Usually when they come from the comics, they work like Infinity War.

Eh. I think the "Home" subtitles are corny and frankly don't feel like Spider-Man subtitles but I don't lose sleep over it either. I suppose they could've incorporated "Neighborhood" instead but that would've led to worse titles I think.

The titles very much suit the tone of this version of Spider-man.

Yeah, I've accepted the subtitles I'm far too much invested in this universe to care.

So, I read the interview you did with Esquire, which got around because you were asked if Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in that movie. There were a lot of people on social media who didn’t believe your answer. And I’ve asked things like that before, but it seems like a no-win situation. Let’s say while you’re filming Far From Home I had asked you, hey, I’ve heard J.K. Simmons is in this movie. How bad of a position does that put you in?

It’s a tricky situation. [Laughs] I feel like you’re equally putting me in a tricky situation now.

I’m not trying to, I promise.

It is what it is. And sometimes the fans figure out what’s going on, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they figure out one thing, and it opens up a whole world of possibilities and they go off on a tangent, which could not be more different or more correct to what we’re making. It’s a shame, sometimes, that things get leaked and things get ruined. But at the moment, with this film, I think we’re doing a very, very good job of keeping the things that need to be a secret a secret. And I’m sure there are things that are going on that I have no idea about. I mean, I’m usually the last person to find out what’s going on, because of this ridiculous rumor that I spoil movies!

Tom Holland On ‘Cherry’ And How To Answer A Tricky Spider-Man Question

That being said, I'm still of the mind that they're not in the movie and Tom is being legitimate here.
In that case, I'd be very curious to see what movie it is that Andrew's filming for in Atlanta :cwink:

Despite being somewhat lukewarm on the last two movies, damn it, i’d be lying if i didnt say my intrigue levels for this movie are skyrocketing. After i walked out of Far From Home, i was like, “you know what, this version of Spiderman isnt for me. I’m stepping away.” But theyve pulled me back in!

Despite being somewhat lukewarm on the last two movies, damn it, i’d be lying if i didnt say my intrigue levels for this movie are skyrocketing. After i walked out of Far From Home, i was like, “you know what, this version of Spiderman isnt for me. I’m stepping away.” But theyve pulled me back in!
Agreed! I couldn't have said it better

I mean its hard not getting excited for this when you think about not only Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield coming back, but also one of the greatest comic-book/superhero movie villians of all time as well.

This is truly an EVENT and the most hyped I have been for a Spider-Man movie since 2006 and it would destroy me if I wasn't able to see this baby in a theatre.

I mean its hard not getting excited for this when you think about not only Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield coming back, but also one of the greatest comic-book/superhero movie villians of all time as well.

This is truly an EVENT and the most hyped I have been for a Spider-Man movie since 2006 and it would destroy me if I wasn't able to see this baby in a theatre.
Absolutely. Never did I think I would be seeing Maguire again or Molina in their respective roles. It's hard to put into words, but I was about 11 when Spider-Man 2, came out. I had seen the first film in the cinema, so going into the second I was insanely hyped and it exceeded dmt expectations. I always say how much of an impact those movies had on me because they really did. I lived and breathed those movies when they were coming out, and it's all I ever thought about haha. The elfman soundtrack was pretty much the soundtrack to my life in the early 2000s. This is a dream come true and hopefully they pull it off in a satisfying way.

I hope Doc Ock wears glasses this time and not sunglasses.

I'm dying to see the 2021 rendition of the Raimi suit.

I hope Ock and Electro aren't killed off again. We need the S6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"