No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I wouldn't say no to a cameo if they could give Venom his classic look and spider powers, but it would seem like too much to ask at this point.

I mean, it's not that you can't create a new and compelling dynamic with Hardy and Holland. It's just a question of if Marvel will do it. Do they even want that rivalry?

If they do, I can see a scenario where Brock and Peter start out as allies. Brock gets injured and Venom needs a new host. So he latches onto Spider-Man. Venom then learns about Uncle Ben and we get a sub-plot where he pushes Peter to murder Ben's killer. Of course Peter ultimately refuses and rejects Venom. Venom, hurt and humiliated, then returns to a recovering Brock. Only now he has Spider-Man's true identity and the added knowledge that Peter, early in his superhero career, was secretly tied to whatever caused Eddie to leave New York for San Fran.

I'm not trying to say this idea is all that compelling, but it hits on a lot of the familiar beats in a new way. A better writer than me could map it all out in a clever way.

Still, assuming Sony can get Garfield back, I think TASMverse is a better tonal match for this Venom. I would have Brock in that world and Gargan as the Venom in the MCU when all is said and done.
Frankly if there's no point in a rivalry if Peter doesn't have any prior history with either Eddy or the Symbiote.
Their entire dynamic just doesn't work otherwise.

But what I said does establish the rivalry. And there are surely other ways it can be accomplished.
The character dynamics just don't work with this version of Venom, even retconning a relationship with Garfield's doesn't do much because it's gonna be nothing but contrived that he somehow had the Symbiote and got on Brock's bad side and then like months/years later they get together and become Venom in a way that has nothing to do with him on the other side of the country.
Without Venom initially being a dark shadow of Peter and a consequence of his actions the dynamics just won't work, I mean people talk about Vulture and Myserio being connected to Tony but this is one character who actually has personal connection to Peter, and is honestly lesser without it.
Plus this version of Eddie Brock isn't even a bad guy, the movies have constantly portrayed him as a goofy nice guy, who needs the symbiote to take over to actually do stuff, so they won't even have much of a hero vs anti hero dynamic when Brock barely makes the cut.

The character dynamics just don't work with this version of Venom, even retconning a relationship with Garfield's doesn't do much because it's gonna be nothing but contrived that he somehow had the Symbiote and got on Brock's bad side and then like months/years later they get together and become Venom in a way that has nothing to do with him on the other side of the country.
Without Venom initially being a dark shadow of Peter and a consequence of his actions the dynamics just won't work, I mean people talk about Vulture and Myserio being connected to Tony but this is one character who actually has personal connection to Peter, and is honestly lesser without it.
Plus this version of Eddie Brock isn't even a bad guy, the movies have constantly portrayed him as a goofy nice guy, who needs the symbiote to take over to actually do stuff, so they won't even have much of a hero vs anti hero dynamic when Brock barely makes the cut.

I get it, but it is what it is at the end of the day. We ain't rebooting Venom, so they will just have to evolve what their conflict is about

I get it, but it is what it is at the end of the day. We ain't rebooting Venom, so they will just have to evolve what their conflict is about
There's just no point in it though, the way they've depicted Venom pretty much makes the it impossible to have the dichotomy between the characters that made watching them interact so interesting.
Like at best if they show up together now it'd just be a thing where they fight because of a misunderstanding, or they mildy dislike/annoy each other before gaining each other's respect, it'd just be a standard superhero team up.

There's just no point in it though, the way they've depicted Venom pretty much makes the it impossible to have the dichotomy between the characters that made watching them interact so interesting.
Like at best if they show up together now it'd just be a thing where they fight because of a misunderstanding, or they mildy dislike/annoy each other before gaining each other's respect, it'd just be a standard superhero team up.

There absolutely is a point: it will make money. Lots of it. It also may even end up being entertaining even if it isn't like the classic story. Plenty is changed about these stories and characters once they end up on the movies.

There's literally a million ways they could set up a rivalry / conflict / even hatred between Hardy and Holland/Garfield if they wanted to.

Does it follow the typical flow from the comics? No. And I don't think anyone would prefer this trajectory over the original arc. But it's absolutely, 100% beyond possible to realistically set up any kind of conflict or friction or animosity, or any kind of just general disagreement between the two. And there's about a million different ways they could do it or explain it

I know it's backwards and the reverse arc from the comics, but I really don't understand why so many people think Hardy's Venom and a Spider-man can't become enemies (even temporarily), because they've portrayed Eddie/Venom in a more anti-hero, 'good guy' manner. It's like people have never seen good guys turn bad/evil or bad guys become good guys in a movie/show/book before, lol

instead of being a multiverse I think Sony is gonna try to imply that the Venomverse is the same universe as the MCU and will carefully write the dialogue so as to not contradict that

I feel like that alleged post credit scene is going to have an ambiguous spiderman tease, like we'll see him but we wont know which version of Spiderman it is, it'll just be...Spider-man. Sony will just wanna get people talking and speculating and they'll figure out the logistics later.

It's very simple, Venom decides to leave Eddie in favor of Iron Boy. Eddie thinks he's free and Venom that he has a better host. Eddie begins to live like an ordinary journalist, he get a new girlfriend, new life and makes a report on the negative effects of Iron Boy and other superheroes actions reminding about the Sokovia Accord.

Holland, under the influence of the symbiote, frames him into faking evidence and publicly slanders and ridicules him, Eddie loses his job, friends and girlfriend, after some time Venom is rejected by Holland and when they meet again they have a reason to take revenge on Iron Boy.

It's very simple, Venom decides to leave Eddie in favor of Iron Boy. Eddie thinks he's free and Venom that he has a better host. Eddie begins to live like an ordinary journalist, he get a new girlfriend, new life and makes a report on the negative effects of Iron Boy and other superheroes actions reminding about the Sokovia Accord.

Holland, under the influence of the symbiote, frames him into faking evidence and publicly slanders and ridicules him, Eddie loses his job, friends and girlfriend, after some time Venom is rejected by Holland and when they meet again they have a reason to take revenge on Iron Boy.

Exactly. This is just one of many different things they could do or ways they could make it work

I'm not saying I think they will do it necessarily or that they should, just that if they want to get back to a more traditional Spidey/Venom Peter/Eddie storyline, there's a whole lot of ways they technically could

instead of being a multiverse I think Sony is gonna try to imply that the Venomverse is the same universe as the MCU and will carefully write the dialogue so as to not contradict that

Literally in the first Venom there was a quote that aliens don't exist.
And it's very hard to believe it since in the MCU you had the Battle or New York in 2012, The Dark Elves in London in 2013 and so on... Eddie would be a crappy reporter if he doesn't believe that those stuff really happened. Lol

Oh wow didn't know I was back on 4chan.
There absolutely is a point: it will make money. Lots of it. It also may even end up being entertaining even if it isn't like the classic story. Plenty is changed about these stories and characters once they end up on the movies.
No I'm fully aware they'll still put them together, I just think at this point there's no reason to try and make them fight or hate each other, it just would not make sense with this versions of the character and ultimately just be hollow.
They've basically turned it into a standard superhero team up and should just treat it that way.

spiderman-thats-it.gif

I feel like that alleged post credit scene is going to have an ambiguous spiderman tease, like we'll see him but we wont know which version of Spiderman it is, it'll just be...Spider-man. Sony will just wanna get people talking and speculating and they'll figure out the logistics later.

If the leaked audio is accurate, it's pretty obvious who it is.

No I'm fully aware they'll still put them together, I just think at this point there's no reason to try and make them fight or hate each other, it just would not make sense with this versions of the character and ultimately just be hollow.
They've basically turned it into a standard superhero team up and should just treat it that way.

As myself and others have said, there are a lot ways it can make sense. It’s not a particularly complicated rivalry anyway. You just refuse to accept anything that isn’t the established lore.

Reminds me of when people said Ant-Man wouldn’t make sense because Hank Pym would be older and not a founding Avenger.

Last edited:
As myself and others have said, there are a lot ways it can make sense. It’s not a particularly complicated rivalry anyway. You just refuse to accept anything that isn’t the established lore.

Reminds me of when people said Ant-Man wouldn’t make sense because Hank Pym would be older and not a founding Avenger.
No, I said it wouldn't be interesting, because frankly it wouldn't and I stand by that because without Peter's history with the Symbiote and Eddy then all they end up as is two random dudes who meet and probably don't like each other.
So far all the ways people have said to fix this has just been Peter briefly gets the Symbiote which does nothing besides giving Venom the white spider symbol, or retconning a history between Peter, Eddie and the Symbiote which is just contrived.

And it's very hard to believe it since in the MCU you had the Battle or New York in 2012, The Dark Elves in London in 2013 and so on... Eddie would be a crappy reporter if he doesn't believe that those stuff really happened. Lol
Yeah people often refer to that line to point out that it's impossible for Venom to take place in the MCU but that was kind of a throwaway line in the dialogue

But see. the Symbiote doesn't have any negative effects in this series. Eddie is not changed by the symbiote. so why would Peter be? And from what it sounds like with the Venom Sequel, Eddie isn't stuck with the Symbiote. its a mutual relationship.

A Venom and Spider-man crossover will likely be very different at this point. They will probably have a fight out of some misunderstanding. And at some point Peter will get the symbiote for an action scene, as abit of fan-service seeing the black suit for abit. then at the end its both Venom and Spider-man vs something or someone else.

And you know what? That probably suits Hollands Spider-man down to the ground. Many would like to believe Sony are doing something Marvel wouldn't. but i don't think so.

Last edited:
Thats definitely their intent since they put Toomes at the end of the MORBIUS trailer lol. Which doesn’t make sense she cause the Daily Bugle I think is a newspaper in that universe, as well as the same logo as the Raimiverse..

Apparently in Let There Be Carnage
The movie ends with Eddie being transported into the MCU. So that could explain why in the first movie people believe aliens don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"