Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cry about Angel every now and then. I wish it maintained the same energy it had in season two.

That whole arc with Darla and Dru was everything.
8A890097-3DD5-4CD8-8A18-CB0E0ADAA3B7.gif

But I digress. Ray Fisher it’s Sunday. Give us something to argue about this week bro.

So Buffy/Angel definitely got its vampire design from The Lost Boys, right? And Kiefer Sutherland's David even looks a little like Spike.

41IciUHa2jL._AC_.jpg

If anyone is as bored as I am, Batman & Robin is on AMC and they just finished the Batgirl vs Ivy catfight.

That line “read a book sister” from Batgirl always irked me. Don’t play Ivy like she isn’t a whole botanist, Barbara Wilson.

RIP Joel.

Fred / Amy Acker was great. I'm also not going to assume Whedon and Acker were involved since his ex didn't say that.

The part about Charisma agreeing to come back and then them killing her off to me is the most objectionable part, regardless of their motivations up to that point, but then that sort of thing might be par for the course for Hollywood.

Amy Acker has been great in everything I've seen her in. I think it is a sketchy area debating whether an affair may have given her sway, as it disregards the excellent work she put in to all of those projects. What's more, it creates a weird conspiracy of competition between the female talent on that show, which I've seen no basis for. I think Acker was married before Carpenter was fired.

You know I just never got into Buffy or Angel. Just never really appealed to me. Although, for some reason, I have seem like the last 4 mins of the Angel series finale and I thought that was a cool way to end it

Angel is one of my favourite shows, and I love that ending. This Cordelia situation is basically the only complaint I have with the series, but it's a big and sad issue. She was the heart of the show.

Last edited:
If anyone is as bored as I am, Batman & Robin is on AMC and they just finished the Batgirl vs Ivy catfight.

That line “read a book sister” from Batgirl always irked me. Don’t play Ivy like she isn’t a whole botanist, Barbara Wilson.

RIP Joel.

Even as a kid I thought that movie was stupid. And kid me thought The Phantom Menace was amazeballs on first viewing, so that should tell you something.

I cry about Angel every now and then. I wish it maintained the same energy it had in season two.

That whole arc with Darla and Dru was everything.
View attachment 35560

But I digress. Ray Fisher it’s Sunday. Give us something to argue about this week bro.
IMO if we don't hear anything deeper by the end of the month from Fisher, another cast/crew member, or even an expose by Deadline or THR; then I think:
-Fisher was exaggerating and Whedon was at worst unprofessional over bad mouthing the current Snyder version
-Fisher was just telling ducktales for whatever reason.

But yeah we need something to talk about. JL drama, casting news on anything, something.

The longer Fisher lets it go on, the more it looks like there's no "there" there.

Directors being abrasive is a dime a dozen. Is it "right"? Eh, not really, but it's not really newsworthy.

It's funny watching actors speak out, cause I think you lose sympathy quick if it sounds like you just had a bad boss. Everybody encounters that, but the average person makes substantially less doing so and will probably experience it more often.

And as a black man, it grates on my nerves to see Fisher out here doing dumb **** (if this really is just a case of Whedon being an unlikeable boss). Read the room, dude.

I'm trying really hard not to prejudge because who knows what might surface, but at the moment I'd say Fisher is less speaking out and moreso just throwing shots on twitter. The latter is substantially less helpful.

I'm far from convinced about the Whedon/Acker affair rumor, tbh. It reads like fan-fiction from bitter Cordy fans to me. I thought Fred was a great character regardless, and Acker is a fantastic actress. My favorite season of that show was S5. Still had one of my favorite endings to any TV series ever. But that Darla/Dru arc in S2 and the Wesley stuff in S3 were also really great.

One little thing about the Harley Quinn cartoon that I like is that it remembers that Ivy and Harley are both highly intelligent women with PhD's. I feel like that aspect of their characters (especially with Harley) often gets lost in the shuffle.

I'm far from convinced about the Whedon/Acker affair rumor, tbh. It reads like fan-fiction from bitter Cordy fans to me. I thought Fred was a great character regardless, and Acker is a fantastic actress. My favorite season of that show was S5. Still had one of my favorite endings to any TV series ever. But that Darla/Dru arc in S2 and the Wesley stuff in S3 were also really great.

One little thing about the Harley Quinn cartoon that I like is that it remembers that Ivy and Harley are both highly intelligent women with PhD's. I feel like that aspect of their characters (especially with Harley) often gets lost in the shuffle.

AmusedHarshBlackfly-small.gif

LOL.

I mean look, you know it's all alleged, but considering what his ex-wife was saying, and the fact that Acker is the one constant Buffyverse alum in most of his productions, it just made me side-eye them. But I will always give her all the credit for 'A Hole in the World' and how she completely morphed when she became Illyria, I did enjoy that a lot.

And yes! From the clips I've seen from the Harley cartoon, I love that they actually write Harley/Ivy like they have a brain and were doctors in their respective fields. Whoever voices Ivy is top notch too.

JK Rowling has lost her goddamn mind and someone really needs to take her Twitter away from her before she further takes the legacy of her work.

Just. Stop. Tweeting. Jo.

Let me guess, she’s said something that’s not actually that controversial, yet the twitter crazies have blown it out of proportion. These social media platforms have become a cancer not just for discussion but for how people are actually behaving and interacting now. It’s not good. It’s a generation of people who are addicted to online interaction. It’s not healthy.

She's expressing very bizarre opinions about there being a "new form of conversion therapy" where people convince young impressionable autistic gay people into thinking they're transgender.

I'm not sure where she came to this conclusion.

You know what, I just realized what thread we're in, and I don't know, lol. Good question.

Maybe Conan posted it in the wrong thread by mistake?

From time to time non-superhero related stuff gets talked about, and there was a discussion about Harry Potter a few pages back.

Last edited:
"Twitter overblows everything. JK Rowling probably didn't even say anything that wrong"
X3PYlLl.gif

Yeah equating transitioning to conversion therapy is no big deal at all...

I still really don't get the repetitive complaints about social media. Especially on a social media platform

I'm trying really hard not to prejudge because who knows what might surface, but at the moment I'd say Fisher is less speaking out and moreso just throwing shots on twitter. The latter is substantially less helpful.
It’s hard to prejudge because he was vague in his original tweet. I don’t see the point of wording it like that making a follow up necessary. If it stays like this he will have achieved little, and anything he can achieve with the follow up tweet will be less than what he could have achieved by being clearer in the original communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"