Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some movies make a crap ton. but how many movies make that much money from China?
Marvel, DC, Transformers (less so in recent years, but still) , Monsterverse....I think Mission Impossible is big over there?

It’s primarily Marvel that’s going to get a kick in the teeth if this is true though.

Marvel, DC, Transformers (less so in recent years, but still) , Monsterverse....I think Mission Impossible is big over there?

It’s primarily Marvel that’s going to get a kick in the teeth if this is true though.
Imagine if they denied Avatar. That made a crazy amount there, right?

Black Widow might not even get much from a China release at this point anyway since piracy is huge over there

Sony's probably sweating bricks right now. If Let There Be Carnage gets denied they're kinda screwed. The first movie made more there than it did here and was close to a third of the total box office.

Imagine if they denied Avatar. That made a crazy amount there, right?
They went crazy for Avatar, and the re-releases there still seem to turn a profit. If they banned those films...oof, they’d be shooting themselves in the foot just with all the money their theatre chains would lose.

They went crazy for Avatar, and the re-releases there still seem to turn a profit. If they banned those films...oof, they’d be shooting themselves in the foot just with all the money their theatre chains would lose.
Sorry for being annoying, but are you aware of how the theater chains work over there? I remember reading once they are basically owned by one large company, that is involved with filmmaking. Is that correct?

Honestly, I feel like overall the Chinese government would rather make others bend to their will, then consider a loss of money. The last 6 months or so, they seem on the war path, more so then usual. With another Olympics do there in 7 months, and so many already making noise. I can see them getting even worse.

It would be nice to see this kind of ****, showed western companies that bending the knee is too much hassle, but I doubt it.

Sorry for being annoying, but are you aware of how the theater chains work over there? I remember reading once they are basically owned by one large company, that is involved with filmmaking. Is that correct?

Honestly, I feel like overall the Chinese government would rather make others bend to their will, then consider a loss of money. The last 6 months or so, they seem on the war path, more so then usual. With another Olympics do there in 7 months, and so many already making noise. I can see them getting even worse.

It would be nice to see this kind of ****, showed western companies that bending the knee is too much hassle, but I doubt it.
I think it’s specifically a couple of companies, but yeah that’s along the lines of their set up. And of course they get a kickback from the government for basically serving as propaganda mouthpieces and pushing international films that have a Chinese stake.

For instance, Legendary is actually owned by a Chinese conglomerate. I might be cynical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was part of Godzilla vs Kong’s success over there and why something like Dune has been ok’d through their censorship process.

Doesn’t China keep most of the money from the revenue over there? Chinese box for American movies office is mostly bragging rights and stat padding.

Doesn’t China keep most of the money from the revenue over there? Chinese box for American movies office is mostly bragging rights and stat padding.

Which is important to keep investors and shareholders happy. The actual balance sheet of a film is something I would love to see someday.

Man they must really like The Mummy, Wolfman, Frankenstein and Dracula over there.

aTsAl0V.jpg

So is The Flash a mere supporting character while Batfleck, Keaton and Supergirl are the real stars?

Not that I’m complaining much.

That's gonna be the real chore of this movie. Having to sit through Ezra to get to Keaton, Supergirl and Batfleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"