Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a kind way of putting it :o
The proper summary is that one of the last missions is driving around in a massive bat tank on a supposed stealth mission where you have to sneak around enemy tanks, knocking over lamp posts and crumbling parts of buildings but totally still being stealthy, I swear.

The proper summary is that one of the last missions is driving around in a massive bat tank on a supposed stealth mission where you have to sneak around enemy tanks, knocking over lamp posts and crumbling parts of buildings but totally still being stealthy, I swear.
Of course when you think of covert, this is the image that comes to mind:
Batman-Arkham-Knight.png

It's funny you guys mention Arkham Knight, I'm currently having fun playing it again.
In that car stealth mission you can avoid tanks by walking in tunnels, tanks don't enter tunnels very often, so you can shoot and lure them from there and destroy drones and walk back through the tunnel.

But why is the tank of crybaby man "I wanna destroy the city cause Batman found another sidekick" so fast? I'm also curios to know where Nightwing was hiding while that cloudburst chaos was taking place.

What's annoying about this isn't that he has this opinion. It's that he said it oblivious to the fact that the movie has always had plenty of detractors saying things like this for the past decade. As if he's the first person daring enough to go against the grain and finally set the sheeple all straight. :rolleyes:

But also, the "died making it" thing is such an ignorant, crappy thing to say. Always was and still is. Do better.

Twitter is such a bad thing for our collective mental health.
exactly. Twitter is filled with these clout chasing, "hot take" people. So many of them act like Twitter represents the entire world when it doesn't. And a lot of them, not all of course, but a lot seem to try to tear down the nolan trilogy to prop up another version they love. There's a girl on Twitter, I won't say her name because I think it's mean to do so, but she literally said "imagine being as wrong as you are" for liking TDK trilogy, Bales Batman, and ledgers Joker more than anything in the Snyderverse. She hates Bales version, and thinks she's special for doing so. Got a decent 15 thousand followers too.

Twitter has some good people and legit fans of course, both young and older, but there's so much BS on there, it's hard to spend more than a minute without getting annoyed. Clout chasing children, both literally and figuratively.

also, never forget that in 2008, the detractors also tried to claim that TDK doesn't count as "the best cbm" because it was too realistic. Yes, somebody actually said that.

I won't say her name because I think it's mean to do so,
I commend you for thinking that.

also, never forget that in 2008, the detractors also tried to claim that TDK doesn't count as "the best cbm" because it was too realistic. Yes, somebody actually said that.
I wonder what they -at the time- would think if they knew A History of Violence and Road to Perdition are CBMs.

exactly. Twitter is filled with these clout chasing, "hot take" people. So many of them act like Twitter represents the entire world when it doesn't. And a lot of them, not all of course, but a lot seem to try to tear down the nolan trilogy to prop up another version they love. There's a girl on Twitter, I won't say her name because I think it's mean to do so, but she literally said "imagine being as wrong as you are" for liking TDK trilogy, Bales Batman, and ledgers Joker more than anything in the Snyderverse. She hates Bales version, and thinks she's special for doing so. Got a decent 15 thousand followers too.

This type of behavior is an actual drain on society in my eyes. Imagine putting that much effort into spewing this kind of pointless garbage for attention.

This type of behavior is an actual drain on society in my eyes. Imagine putting that much effort into spewing this kind of pointless garbage for attention.

It's just a thing fanbases do. Back when the Nolan series was in full swing, the Burton films were regularly dumped on with little provocation here. I witnessed it with me own eyes. :wow:

There's just always a loud contingent of fanbases who are.. overenthusiastic (shall we say) with their opinions, and god help anyone who dares to disagree. The Spider-Man fanbase was, until recently (via NWH), a similarly chaotic faction war between MCU stans and Raimi stans. Once the Matt Reeves movies are finally going, previous Batmen will be under fire again.

Having come to witness the worst in fanbases back during the time of the Nolan trilogy, engaging with fans online became cancerous to me. I still don't engage like I used to.

It's just a thing fanbases do. Back when the Nolan series was in full swing, the Burton films were regularly dumped on with little provocation here. I witnessed it with me own eyes. :wow:

There's just always a loud contingent of fanbases who are.. overenthusiastic (shall we say) with their opinions, and god help anyone who dares to disagree. The Spider-Man fanbase was, until recently (via NWH), a similarly chaotic faction war between MCU stans and Raimi stans. Once the Matt Reeves movies are finally going, previous Batmen will be under fire again.

Having come to witness the worst in fanbases back during the time of the Nolan trilogy, engaging with fans online became cancerous to me. I still don't engage like I used to.

Oh yeah, this always existed in fandom for sure-- however the difference now is that social media amplifies it. It's not just fans sniping at each other on a message board, now it's people shouting into a megaphone and saying the most divisive thing possible in the hopes of gaining a following. It feels gross, and sometimes you're not even sure if someone is saying something they genuinely believe, or just throwing 'hot takes' at the wall because it drives engagement. This goes beyond geek stuff obviously, and is just a major contributing factor to the extreme divisions we face as a society these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"