Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody calls it the Civil War suit. What changed in the suit between two movies?

Spidey has too much money, not the poor guy with limited resources and fashion imagination. Wasn't that obvious?

:oldrazz:

thanks-obvious.gif

Can they just put him back in the Homecoming Suit I swear to god....

It's kinda crazy to think the Raimi films, Spidey had more or less the same suit with subtle and minor changes.

I'd bet $1000 everyone complaining about it will be grinning ear-to-ear the moment Dafoe's Goblin comes onto screen

Let's be honest, 90% of fans are more excited for Tobey, Dafoe and Molina returning.

Honestly, it’s kinda impressive how many variations Marvel/Sony has made with MCU Spidey’s suits.

I’ve lost count of how many costumes he’s had.
They gotta sell those action figures. Although I do remember that there were like 12 different figures of Spidey released back when Spider-Man 2 came out and of course they were all in the same costume since he only wore the one suit in the movie. Go figure. :o

5a8372e0a4064da28494a792595f331c.jpg

322f62eca1cb4af8bb7dc84471cb4a0c.jpg

They gotta sell those action figures. Although I do remember that there were like 12 different figures of Spidey released back when Spider-Man 2 came out and of course they were all in the same costume since he only wore the one suit in the movie. Go figure. :o

I look back fondly on the Raimi suit and am grateful it only changed slightly between movies. I can't imagine it would be as iconic if it only appeared once. The MCU version has gone through a dizzying amount of suits already, and sadly they keep getting worse for me. Not even just between films either. The one they filmed for Civil War looks better than the final product.

I look back fondly on the Raimi suit and am grateful it only changed slightly between movies. I can't imagine it would be as iconic if it only appeared once. The MCU version has gone through a dizzying amount of suits already, and sadly they keep getting worse for me. Not even just between films either. The one they filmed for Civil War looks better than the final product.
The Raimi suit was damn near perfect. The adjustments were similar to the Burton Batsuit between 89 and Returns by changing it up but not enough to be that noticeable. And this moment, which for me is the best moment of Spider-Man 3 along with the birth of Sandman, would not have been nearly as great if he had changed up his suits as much as the MCU Peter has, or even TASM Peter for that matter:

The Raimi suit was damn near perfect. The adjustments were similar to the Burton Batsuit between 89 and Returns by changing it up but not enough to be that noticeable. And this moment, which for me is the best moment of Spider-Man 3 along with the birth of Sandman, would not have been nearly as great if he had changed up his suits as much as the MCU Peter has, or even TASM Peter for that matter:

Lovely scene. I think it plays even better with the editor's cut of SM3, as it reinserts this sequence as its dark mirror:

The slight movement to the black suit is a great touch. I also like how that suit is barely different, except for the curled up 'dead' arms on the logo.

Lovely scene. I think it plays even better with the editor's cut of SM3, as it reinserts this sequence as its dark mirror:

The slight movement to the black suit is a great touch. I also like how that suit is barely different, except for the curled up 'dead' arms on the logo.

Lying down on the couch like that chilling is very pleasing to watch.

I need to comment on this...

"'At first, I was super resentful," she admits. 'I think I started crying and threw him out of my office, or threw a sandwich at him - I'm not sure which.' Then she started to think it through. 'By the fifth [Spider-Man] movie, we weren't giving them anything new. And I have to be honest about it, we were trying so hard to be different, we even went into places to be different that we shouldn't have. We weren't fresh anymore.'"

Okay...

Is no one else seeing the irony?

And... I am quite happy with the MCU's mini Multiverse arc going on now, and love whenever there's a chance to do this stuff with alt versions of well known characters meeting...

But the solution to not giving the audiences something new is... to bring back the cast from the previous two iterations?

And the online fan community will lose its mind... again and never admit the black hole density level of irony at what they are praising.

Okay...

And... I am quite happy with the MCU's mini Multiverse arc going on now, and love whenever there's a chance to do this stuff with alt versions of well known characters meeting...

But the solution to not giving the audiences something new is... to bring back the cast from the previous two iterations?

And the online fan community will lose its mind... again and never admit the black hole density level of irony at what they are praising.
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to seeing this crazy stuff but the irony isn't lost on me, the cynical part of me feels like it's the answer to when they're out of ideas. Where else do you go but the top? Would people even want simple Spidey movies again after getting all these crazy things mashed together and having gone bigger and bigger? After this I would like smaller scale Spidey stuff again but would the larger audience who is now accustomed to the constant upping of the ante?

I don't wanna compare everything to Batman but the prospect of a solo Batman movie with a unique focused vision in tandem with exploring parts of the character we haven't really seen on film, disconnected from the big universe junk, is a welcome thing at this point to me. A big part of me thinks the need audiences have for every popular franchise to be a big connected thing or contribute to a greater whole is losing the forest for the trees in some ways, that's the cynical part of me again.

For now though the part of me that needs some comfort will happily take seeing the old faces again, like bashing all the toys together as a kid imagining unlikely scenarios coming to life except this is. The best thing for quality insurance here is Marvel Studios' involvement, if this was Sony by themselves making it I'd be worried.

Okay...

I would and wouldn't be surprised if this is Holland's last real MCU Spider-Man appearance. Even if he's brought back against Venom, I feel that out of all his movies that would probably have the least amount of MCU references especially if it strictly a Sony vehicle.

But if it is his last hurrah, I'm not sure how many different directions he could have gone in. The multiverse, Sinister Six are all part of the Spider-Man mythos but like any other cinematic translation needs time that live action just can't be afforded. If they just brought back different versions of Spider-Man played by different actors who represented say, Spider-Man 2099, Ben Reilly, Miles Morales and others. Fans would get it, but I feel wouldn't be established enough for the general audience to get or at the very least be invested in.

Think the current deal was 1 more solo movie (No Way Home) and one more MCU appearance (that has yet to happen). They’re hints that both parties reached a new deal, especially since Sony and Marvel are doing business together with video games and streaming services.

Having said that after NWH I fully expect Spidey to deal with mainly Sony stuff before the eventual Avengers 5 movie

I honestly don't know how to feel about Spidey's future. Part of me would like him separated from the MCU a little more; I'm pretty sick of his films feeling like crossover specials. But then again, Sony cannot be trusted. Seems like he's destined for more crossover in their hands, only with the awful Venom films instead. Oh joy.

Lying down on the couch like that chilling is very pleasing to watch.

Yeah it's a better intro for sure. He's having fun which is way darker. I saw in the comments that his pose matches Norman's body on that same couch. A reach perhaps but the similarity is there.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a better intro for sure. He's having fun which is way darker. I saw in the comments that his pose matches Norman's body on that same couch. A reach perhaps but the similarity is there.
This is part of what makes that moment special, it's like Peter saying "Hey there, you jerk", taunting Harry before he was taunted himself.

But Harry didn't give a fitting facial response for that taunt, and I prefer the theatrical version's entrance in how it's integrated to the scene.

Okay...

I agree completely. Hence my original post about Fiege going back to the Sony well speaks volumes.

Okay...

Spider-Man No Way Home is still offering something new - We’ve never had a Spider-Man movie deal with the multiverse and a Spider-Man movie deal with the repercussions of Peter’s identity being outed. So while they are definitely recycling past villains, it’s definitely for a new story.

Spider-Man No Way Home is still offering something new - We’ve never had a Spider-Man movie deal with the multiverse and a Spider-Man movie deal with the repercussions of Peter’s identity being outed. So while they are definitely recycling past villains, it’s definitely for a new story.

:halo:

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to seeing this crazy stuff but the irony isn't lost on me, the cynical part of me feels like it's the answer to when they're out of ideas. Where else do you go but the top? Would people even want simple Spidey movies again after getting all these crazy things mashed together and having gone bigger and bigger? After this I would like smaller scale Spidey stuff again but would the larger audience who is now accustomed to the constant upping of the ante?

I don't wanna compare everything to Batman but the prospect of a solo Batman movie with a unique focused vision in tandem with exploring parts of the character we haven't really seen on film, disconnected from the big universe junk, is a welcome thing at this point to me. A big part of me thinks the need audiences have for every popular franchise to be a big connected thing or contribute to a greater whole is losing the forest for the trees in some ways, that's the cynical part of me again.

For now though the part of me that needs some comfort will happily take seeing the old faces again, like bashing all the toys together as a kid imagining unlikely scenarios coming to life except this is. The best thing for quality insurance here is Marvel Studios' involvement, if this was Sony by themselves making it I'd be worried.
I'm currently in this boat. I'm completely burnt out on the shared universe stuff at this point, and I think The Batman is gonna be so refreshing for me personally. I miss the days of solo stories that don't care about an expanded universe, or an event film that's coming up in like 3 years. The days of Nolan, and Raimi and stuff like that. I'm probably in the minority, but it's just how I feel. And even if someone is burnt out on Batman, i don't see how they can't be at least a little excited for The Batman.

Oh I get burned out by Batman. Does The Batman look good? Yes but no matter how good the movie is, it’s not reinventing the wheel or something. Batman is just extremely popular, and will get hype regardless. To the lesser extent but same circle is Spider-Man. The multiverse, eventually introducing Miles, sinister Six is atleast new. I’m still waiting for a Bat family movie with Nightwing. Or even a Batman Beyond movie

Oh I get burned out by Batman. Does The Batman look good? Yes but no matter how good the movie is, it’s not reinventing the wheel or something. Batman is just extremely popular, and will get hype regardless. To the lesser extent but same circle is Spider-Man. The multiverse, eventually introducing Miles, sinister Six is atleast new. I’m still waiting for a Bat family movie with Nightwing. Or even a Batman Beyond movie
Yeah even though I'm really interested in the Batman, I really feel it could be a sequel to the TDKT. A Bat Family or Batman Beyond movie would be something very different.

Looks like the rumors are true:

Ms. Marvel will not be actually physically elastic. They’re going the Green Lantern route with her by having her use energy constructs to stretch and do her classic embiggening powers, and she will not be a Inhuman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"