Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
tony-stark-not-a-great-plan.gif

I'm glad they didn't go through with it

Oh wow.

They also famously wanted to cut the 70’s pop soundtrack out of Guardians.

I like the idea of the creative committee on paper and I do think it could’ve been helpful at the beginning to get input from them but good riddance.
I always thought a committee was a good idea but as I have said of Warner Brothers/DC, when you have the same committee having a say in the ending of a superhero movie, possibly the love triangle in some rom com movie and getting that ride lead in a period piece. The whole jack of all trades, master of none seems like it could be an issue.

I wonder why, though?
Maybe they thought that the idea of two of their biggest heroes beating the hell out of each other would have been too much for audiences to handle. Getting rid of the Tony vs. Steve (and Bucky) showdown at the end not only would have been a major disappointment, it also would have screwed up a good deal of the groundwork for Infinity War.

Related side note: I can't wait to get my hands on that MCU book. It's literally the only thing I've asked for this Christmas.

For the uninitiated, the Marvel Creative Committee -- which consisted of Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter, president Alan Fine, Marvel Comics writer Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Comics publisher Dan Buckley, and Marvel Entertainment CCO Joe Quesada -- oversaw the creative process on Marvel Studios' films until 2015, at which point Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige began reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn.
I do find it funny, you'd think with having Bendis, Buckley and Quesada as part of the committee, in theory, they'd have their finger on the pulse on things comic book related.

Said this elsewhere but you’d think there’d be a dozen people checking that gun beforehand. How that happens at this point is beyond me
Yeah. People should have taken that lesson from RoboCop about the value of checking ammo in the prop gun before the act/demonstration, it's more horrifying when you know of this happening at least two times in real life.

Off-topic: Jesus…Alec Baldwin.

Said this elsewhere but you’d think there’d be a dozen people checking that gun beforehand. How that happens at this point is beyond me

Yeah. People should have taken that lesson from RoboCop about the value of checking ammo in the prop gun before the act/demonstration, it's more horrifying when you know of this happening at least two times in real life.
Yeah, I said this in the RIP Celebrity thread but you'd think this never would have happened again after what happened to Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow.

I have to buy this book.

Spider-Man Producer Cried During First MCU Conflict With Kevin Feige

"With a good sense of how they would like to handle the character, Feige was ready for his lunch with Pascal. What he wasn't ready for was Pascal's reaction to his proposal. The meeting was in her office at Sony. As expected, Pascal wasted no time in expressing her strong desire to have Feige be more directly involved, creatively, in the making of Sony Pictures' The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Excited about the ideas her team currently had, Pascal said she would send Feige the latest draft. 'About halfway through the delicious sandwich that she had brought in, I said, 'Amy, in all fairness, it's not gonna work,'' shares Feige."

"'We've sort of done that before. And I don't think I'm particularly helpful there.' But Feige wasn't done; he had a counterproposal: 'The only way I know how to do anything is to just do it entirely. So why don't you let us do it? Don't think of it as two studios. And don't think of it as giving another studio back the rights. No change of hands of rights. No change of hands of money. Just engage us to produce it. Just pretend it's like what DC did with Christopher Nolan. I'm not saying we're Nolan, but I am saying there is a production company that is doing this pretty well. Just engage the services of that production company to make the movie.' Pascal was taken aback."

And the most profound thing I've ever heard Pascal say.

"'At first, I was super resentful," she admits. 'I think I started crying and threw him out of my office, or threw a sandwich at him - I'm not sure which.' Then she started to think it through. 'By the fifth [Spider-Man] movie, we weren't giving them anything new. And I have to be honest about it, we were trying so hard to be different, we even went into places to be different that we shouldn't have. We weren't fresh anymore.'"

The Sony email leak was such a great look into just how anyone with a semi functioning brain can make it as a Hollywood executive

I love Fiege but the fact that he's bringing back all the previous Spider-Men and villains from the Sony films speaks volumes.

I love Fiege but the fact that he's bringing back all the previous Spider-Men and villains from the Sony films speaks volumes.
How so? He didn't conceive the idea of the Spider-Verse. I can't blame him for wanting to implement that element into the MCU. In fact, I think that in the long run there'd be more backlash if they didn't take advantage of that opportunity.

Can they just put him back in the Homecoming Suit I swear to god....

I'd bet $1000 everyone complaining about it will be grinning ear-to-ear the moment Dafoe's Goblin comes onto screen

I like that cover a lot, looks cool, but I have to ask. What's up with all the promotional material/merchandise with this movie and the forearms of Spider-Man? Before the trailer, all the promo material of the black and gold suit had red forearms, but it was fixed with the trailer. Up until now the new integrated suit had the Iron Spider webshooters, but this cover omits them.

I'm assuming they'll be on in the actual film, but can these people get on the same page about what the suits look like :funny:

Can they just put him back in the Homecoming Suit I swear to god....

Well I don't think we ever saw Iron Man going back to a previous suit so... :o

Honestly, it’s kinda impressive how many variations Marvel/Sony has made with MCU Spidey’s suits.

I’ve lost count of how many costumes he’s had.

Yeah, like Iron Man :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"