• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He recently left IGN and now works for Sony Entertainment.
Still, he's got work ethics to hold into
A friend of Greg Weisman refused to give info about Spectacular Spider-Man when it was new out of professional courtesy

He recently left IGN and now works for Sony Entertainment.

What...

Watched the IGN clip now, that leaves me concered. Need the walkthrough trailer and further info on the PS4 version otherwise I'm not sure I'll dish out 59€ day one without seeing footage. Don't want to get burned.

Well....that video was eye opening. I hope Thursday is a different story. I mean ASM wasn't the worst but the city felt fake,the swinging was fake,and web rush got a little gamebreaking at times.

The combat was a step up because of the way it felt however it was missing fluidity and webbing was non-existent.

What...

Watched the IGN clip now, that leaves me concered. Need the walkthrough trailer and further info on the PS4 version otherwise I'm not sure I'll dish out 59€ day one without seeing footage. Don't want to get burned.

So I guess we can assume that the next gen version's won't be that next genny?

So I guess we can assume that the next gen version's won't be that next genny?

All I was expecting was a better draw distance, smoother framerate, higher resolution and more detail in the form of vehicles and pedestrians roaming the street. That's not too much to ask IMHO. Even Ubisoft did that with AC4.

Here you go guys!

[YT]V7OBu8jGtms[/YT]

NEW FOOTAGE

So basically Greg was not impressed. He played a 360 version of the game because as told to him by Beenox, that is the version they are concentrating on. That's a little weird, I guess the current gen prob won't have anything better than the previous one. He said the graphics looked ok but there were flat textures though he said he was spoiled after playing a lot of Infamous SS.

He goes on to say the game looks very much like the first one meaning it's "not pretty and highly repetitive." He did like the web swinging and said you have to get into a rhythm to be successful at it but didn't say that he preferred it to SM2s system or didn't even make a comparison. Combat reuses a lot of the same animations but they added things like countering several attackers at once, etc. He commented on the Hero/Menace system and said if you complete a random mission/crime and do it to 100% success you get reward points and are labeled as a hero. If you do anything less, you get labeled a menace and JJJ makes comments about you in the paper. No extra points of course but he said there's absolutely no benefit to being a menace. Sounds kinda lame to me.

Final bit was about playing as Peter Parker. You get to walk around and have conversations with people, like a mission where you go to Wilson Fisk's house for a party or something like that...you get to choose from a set of choices as to what dialogue you'd like to say or ask and then characters respond to you. This was a feature that was in WoS. And here in ASM2, just like in WoS, the dialogue is totally story related, there's no points to be earned and you can skip thru everything. Again, sounds kinda lame to me.

He closes in saying that just like the previous ASM game, all this stuff sounds good on the surface but we'll just have to wait to see how everything comes together. Overall I'd say he was very lukewarm about the game and didn't come away as the game was great. Which is weird cause he usually hypes the crap outta this stuff. My guess is the game is probably gonna get around a 6-7/10.

The swinging... Man, they really just don't get what the people want lol. How disappointing.

So basically Greg was not impressed. He played a 360 version of the game because as told to him by Beenox, that is the version they are concentrating on. That's a little weird, I guess the current gen prob won't have anything better than the previous one. He said the graphics looked ok but there were flat textures though he said he was spoiled after playing a lot of Infamous SS.

He goes on to say the game looks very much like the first one meaning it's "not pretty and highly repetitive." He did like the web swinging and said you have to get into a rhythm to be successful at it but didn't say that he preferred it to SM2s system or didn't even make a comparison. Combat reuses a lot of the same animations but they added things like countering several attackers at once, etc. He commented on the Hero/Menace system and said if you complete a random mission/crime and do it to 100% success you get reward points and are labeled as a hero. If you do anything less, you get labeled a menace and JJJ makes comments about you in the paper. No extra points of course but he said there's absolutely no benefit to being a menace. Sounds kinda lame to me.

Final bit was about playing as Peter Parker. You get to walk around and have conversations with people, like a mission where you go to Wilson Fisk's house for a party or something like that...you get to choose from a set of choices as to what dialogue you'd like to say or ask and then characters respond to you. This was a feature that was in WoS. And here in ASM2, just like in WoS, the dialogue is totally story related, there's no points to be earned and you can skip thru everything. Again, sounds kinda lame to me.

He closes in saying that just like the previous ASM game, all this stuff sounds good on the surface but we'll just have to wait to see how everything comes together. Overall I'd say he was very lukewarm about the game and didn't come away as the game was great. Which is weird cause he usually hypes the crap outta this stuff. My guess is the game is probably gonna get around a 6-7/10.

I was hoping for a better experience since they hyped the game up in the press release but I am not surprised by what he said.

The swinging... Man, they really just don't get what the people want lol. How disappointing.

Yeah. That and a few other features they leave out almost every game. Notice how Beenox never had a full on webbing system? Ever! All web balls and that's it.

It makes no sense that this game isn't that much better than the first. They had to have had some time to improve upon the first game. I don't get it.

All and All I probably won't be buying it till it drops in price. I will be watching the walkthrough and player walkthrough's for this game like a hawk.

I have no will power, I pre-ordered it this past week. I'll probably end up selling it for half price after I beat it, and that'd be like buying it at half price... Sort of, at least that's how I'm justifying it to myself.

Any word on PS4 exclusives? C'mon Sony, make me think I made the right choice over the XB1!

I'm pretty disappointed that they are focusing on last generation systems.

They need to let go of the Spider-Man franchise. I'd love to see what a better company can do with the character.

Eh, I've never agreed with a lot of Greg's opinions on some games.

That's what I've heard, don't know if it's true.

But he did leave IGN, they made an article about it. Guess he still does some stuff for IGN though.

It was... a terrible joke/satire video he posted that he'd resign from IGN in order to be the new president of Sony Computer Entertainment America. He is still working for IGN, he never left. It was a satire video.

It really does look like ASM 1.5. :csad: As big of a Spidey fan as I am, no way that footage makes me want to pre-order or drop full price for it. ASM 1 at least had the hype of returning to free roam, but where is the big selling point with this one? The first real footage we get and the game comes out next month. Can't help but think that the writing is on the wall with this game.

They could show us something better soon, but my hype has definitely dropped.

If you want to make the picture more accurate it should be just bone dust on the seat. It's taking so long that the skeleton itself has eroded away. :(

Seriously though, I'm just happy we have an actual day and we're not just guessing when it'll pop up all week. Come on guys we can make it!

:lmao:

But yeah, it is indeed nice to have a real, actual day to look forward to.

It really does look like ASM 1.5. :csad: As big of a Spidey fan as I am, no way that footage makes me want to pre-order or drop full price for it. ASM 1 at least had the hype of returning to free roam, but where is the big selling point with this one? The first real footage we get and the game comes out next month. Can't help but think that the writing is on the wall with this game.

They could show us something better soon, but my hype has definitely dropped.

I want them to properly translate Spider-man's personality into his movements. He's nothing like he is in the movie. NOTHING....he's so serious it's annoying.

It was... a terrible joke/satire video he posted that he'd resign from IGN in order to be the new president of Sony Computer Entertainment America. He is still working for IGN, he never left. It was a satire video.

OH LOL :lmao: Do I look a fool. I only saw the headline, didn't bother to click it... *sigh* stupid me.

Seems good to me. Greg didn't seem to DISlike it, feeling more like it's the first one. Not really a bad thing for people that liked the first one, since the things that sucked have been fixed. He seemed to enjoy the swinging a lot more than the first, and since there is infinite crime now (I could have played the first one without getting bored, if it hadn't been for no crime) I don't see anything from what's been shown now that I would personally dislike. I'm still excited and will get it day one, and Greg seemed to enjoy it enough to play through collecting everything again. I will say that I think it will get mediocre reviews, IGN will probably give it a 7, possibly 6 since they feel it's more of the same.

OH also, I'm a fan of the graphics! Of course they aren't next gen, but they're amazing for a movie based super hero game.

Seems good to me. Greg didn't seem to DISlike it, feeling more like it's the first one. Not really a bad thing for people that liked the first one, since the things that sucked have been fixed. He seemed to enjoy the swinging a lot more than the first, and since there is infinite crime now (I could have played the first one without getting bored, if it hadn't been for no crime) I don't see anything from what's been shown now that I would personally dislike. I'm still excited and will get it day one, and Greg seemed to enjoy it enough to play through collecting everything again. I will say that I think it will get mediocre reviews, IGN will probably give it a 7, possibly 6 since they feel it's more of the same.

OH also, I'm a fan of the graphics! Of course they aren't next gen, but they're amazing for a movie based super hero game.

:up:

Yeeeeah, so, unless that walkthrough this week blows me away, I'll wait for a nice price drop before picking this up. Looks fun, but not 60 dollars worth of fun. Of course, good reviews could change my mind, but...lets be honest...they'll be average at best.

Yeeeeah, so, unless that walkthrough this week blows me away, I'll wait for a nice price drop before picking this up. Looks fun, but not 60 dollars worth of fun. Of course, good reviews could change my mind, but...lets be honest...they'll be average at best.

This is a very realistic view of what will most likely take place. I'm going to wait and see what the walkthrough trailer has to offer and also wait to see some reviews as well as youtube walkthroughs to decide if this game is indeed worth my $60. Unless there's some new piece of info or gameplay that makes me excited to play the game, I'll be waiting for a nice price drop.

I honestly just want to see more of the web swinging without it cutting off so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"