The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. I actually liked SM2's combat system because it had a lot of variety and way more combos. I liked WOS for the story(I love symbiotes XD) and I really liked the combat upgrades. I felt like Spiderman started the game one way and ended the game another. I felt the same way about USM. The swinging was a lot slower but the web-climb up was a nice addition. I wasn't really a fan of the combat system though. I didn't think he had enough options. I liked playing as Venom though. That was interesting. I liked eating people! :woot:

I liked Shattered Dimensions more after I overlooked the flaws of the game. Now I really appreciate the combat options and I really enjoyed the level design and the different Spidermen. What would have made the game even better was if they improved the swinging even though it wasn't open world. Although I have to admit the swinging looks more like WOS and looks a little bit more convincing than the ASM and even ASM2. I also wanted Spiderman's model to be a little bigger and while I liked the combos I really wanted more controller rumble when controlling Spidey. It's weird doing a double jump and the controller doesn't register it. It's a weird feeling.

Amazing.....I liked the fact that you could feel the combos and movement in the controller. Same goes for the swinging. I thought that it FELT right but it was done wrong. Imagine using the bottom of the swing mechanic from SM2 combined with the controller rumble used in ASM1? That would be amazing. For the sequel I was hoping they would expand the combat even more but sadly they didn't. Most of the gameplay I've seen looks the same in each video.

I think the next game could potentially be really good. I am willing to give them one more chance and I hope that with the city and certain elements already established it might make it easier to develop and make necessary improvements. I would be very disappointed if they did what they did for this game. Meaning...imo not enough improvements to make it a sequel. I'd call this more of an expansion than a sequel.

You mean like using the environment more? I feel Spidey in these games is very ground based. He doesn't use the environment enough imo.

True that. Imo he walks around way to much. It looks like they added some weird looking sissor kick manuever that he uses to dodge but Spiderman has a lot of iconic poses so I'm surprised that didn't incorporate that into his movement. I was hoping that's where web rush was heading but it didn't.

I loved all of it. The Black suit's upgrades were freaking awesome.

Me too.

On another note....

I think Shattered Dimensions had some really brilliant boss battles and levels.

Nice post. I respect your opinion but I don't understand how you feel SM2's combat was bad. He had a lot of really cool combos once you upgraded and a lot of the combos were very Spider-like and fun to use. The combos fit Spider-man's personality and they showcased his agility,strength,and his use of webbing. Imo that combat system made sense. There were no automated moves you had to input the commands and if a combo required a web you HAD to press triangle to use it. I also liked how Spiderman's movement was more dynamic in certain combos. He fought on the ground,straight up,and in the air. Another great aspect of the game itself was that it had a manual web system that could function as it's own entity. You could tie up bad guys,throw them in the air,grab them,web blast them,and finally spend them around.

Beenox's combat in ASM1/ASM2 and even some of Shattered Dimensions is very ground based. Spiderman is usually always standing straight up and he hardly ever changes his levels. There is also no manual web system present in their games. For some reason they believe that web shoot is the only way Spiderman should be able to fire his webs. Not to mention they have not changed the horrible looking animations he uses. The targeting system is off and most of the time the webs might hit the ground and in some extreme cases you can't even aim high. It's always in front of him.Weblines are mixed into to combat regardless if you use them or not and most of the "Upgrades" like Disarm are automated.

You know that for sure? How do you know that's there's a separate movie and marvel license? Spider-man is still Spider-man. Unless you have it in writing then I am going to assume that Activision can't develop the movie games either. I don't see why that would be two separate licences.

On Xbox? Because the PS3 version once again lacks custom soundtrack option...

Its different when you can hear the game and the soundtrack at the same time. And idk about your last comment. They are missing a number of features present in other games and some from their own titles. I think if they could have they would have. They seem set own doing their own thing and it still isn't sufficient.

I can agree with that. Still....I don't think it's about being creative at all. Maybe there's some kind of legal reason that the SM2 system can't be recreated? If not why does Beenox keep trying to do their own thing and miss the mark each time? I think if they combined what worked with the sm2 system and added their controller rumbles features introduced in ASM1 they would have the perfect swing system.

That's my opinion obviously....

??? If you read my posts carefully you will see that I made reference to SM2 because it had a lot of what I think needs to be added to make a more complete Spiderman game. I also mentioned other positive additions from other games even some from Beenox that I think should be combined to make a better game.

I made observations based off what I was shown. Is that illegal? Is it wrong to make suggestions? To me the best web system has been the SM2 swing system. It didn't swing from the clouds and it had a good sense of speed and a lot of features that helped make traveling around the city enjoyable.

I didn't repeat the same sentence over and over. I'm sure others know how much I liked the features in SM2 but I also mentioned other games so I don't get your point. :yay:

Lol. I respect your opinion but I never suffered one glitch with SM2 and what lame animations are you referring too? i think that game had a lot more variation. It had air tricks and at least it had more options than what Beenox allows us to do. In it's defense Beenox automates mostly all of their movement. SM2 is 10 years old and the reason why most fans bring it up is because to them it's quality has not been topped yet. Of course it's going to age....it was a PS2 game. But it's not unreasonable for people to suggest what worked for that game in the current and next gen game systems.

This. This. This. Thank you for being a voice of reason. :yay:

Why don't you just go and play Spider-Man 2 then? Nearly ALL of your posts on the past few pages are you saying how you want this game to be like Spider-Man 2. Its obvious you don't like this game. We get it. You don't have to play it. Why would you waste your time when you can play the most god sent game of all time that was only good for its web swinging.

2 posts comparing games and some comments about SM2. I'm not seeing how ALL my posts are about SM2 and I fail to see where I said I HATE the game. I don't hate it at all. I am frustrated with the developer's developing decisions but I don't hate Beenox. I will be renting the game to test it out and so I can see exactly what's possible and what's not but I know that it's not worth full price because of the lack of features I feel it's missing.

Your post was pretty rude and unnecessary.

Part two

we fight Electro at TS and his movitation is that he simply wants to appear to the world,the fight is really cool but the reasons behind really let me down

After that Peter go see Harry in his house and Harry tells Peter he is dying and needs Spiderman help like in the movie,Peter tells him that he will see what he can do.

As Spiderman Peter drops in Harry limo and they talk about his blood,Harry offers money but Spidey says that isn't about money but his blood could kill him,Harry dpn't care but Peter rejects like the movie

Later on Spidey discovers that Kraven was going to betray him,he was just training Spiderman to hunt him later, we defeat him and Kravel tells some things i can't remember

Harry injects himself with the Spider Venom and go plant bombs around the city with the Task Force and for no reason attacks Oscorp :doh: Spidey defeat him as usual

Then s*** happens at Raven, hell is happening there,Casady went loose and is making "Carnages" versions to create the family he never had,we again defeat him and then it ends.

After Credits we discover that Menken is Chameleon

Yes there is,they upgraded when you level up,i think they have three categories.

The categories upgrade together,isn't about choosing it.
So the upgrades happen like some RPGs; stamina up a few points, strength, etc in one result card?

So the upgrades happen like some RPGs; stamina up a few points, strength, etc in one result card?

Yes

I got one as example (Tasm2 suit)

Damage bonus
Combo bonus
Rate of Fire bonus

They upgrade together as you level up with this suit.

Sure.

Its a MAJOR improvement over Tasm1 but SM2 still has the medal of best swing.

-Webs really attaches to buldings,but sometimes it stick in the sky and you can still swing in Central Park

-Spidey can be very fast if you want to

-Catapult Jump (That one he made in one of the trailers at Oscopr)

-You can boost it holding both triggers

-Spidey holds in the web (WoS)

-No,you can't climb the web

-No charge jump (using webs)

I think its this.

Niceeeeeee. Alright, good to know. Still looks like there's some functionality missing that I'd like...but if it's fun enough as is i might not miss it. In any case, I'll know for sure tomorrow :D

Thanks much for the feedback!

My main complaint about the game is the writing,too simple and it gave me the impression that was made to child understanding.

Niceeeeeee. Alright, good to know. Still looks like there's some functionality missing that I'd like...but if it's fun enough as is i might not miss it. In any case, I'll know for sure tomorrow :D

Thanks much for the feedback!

No problem,hope you enjoy it.

Do they make a difference or dies the combat remain pretty much the same through the game?

A bit, the thing that helped me alot was the stun combo ,webbing the bad guy to the wall and the Spider-Sense upgrades.

No offense but I don't see how it looks that great if I'm being honest. It doesn't look like I am in control of Spidey while he's on the web. I'm telling you. It's the lack of the bottom of the swing mechanic that's really throwing me off. Him swinging on an angle is not SM2 mechanics. Hopefully the game will surprise me with the upgrades.

Anyone else notice that web rush STILL does the same thing were you can "web rush" to the MIDDLE of the air? Like when he fires his web to the helicopter the web hit the sky and then he got the the copter. And when he was using web rush after that he did another CLOUD web rush. Sigh.....it looks like Beenox still doesn't get it.

And once again I will say this. Their system really needs a manual web system. I should be able to web rodeo and fire web lines manually. The fact that I can't continues to bother me because most of the web lines used in combat are AUTOMATED.

It's hard to tell. Imo it's like they stripped what made the previous games fun from the gameplay and we were left with this game. SM2 had more fun looking and cool combos. It made sense the way the combos were layed out and it incorporated webs into the combos in a realistic way meaning if you use a web in the combo itself you have to press triangle to use it. My favorite move was the move were you could hang opponents from lampposts. I also liked being able to pick up the opponents(web grab) and then do a air-slam.

However...none of that is possible in this game.

Sm2 was an excellent game. The combat was more fun, the swinging was more fun,it actually had a web system and it actually took skill to play and master the swing system. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. Why is making conversation considered complaining? It's the truth or at least it's how I feel. I could see if they gave us this spectacular experience and it had some minor gripes but that is not the case.

Beenox added NOTHING! No wonder the game is $50.00 bucks on ps3 and xbox.

They added a new coat of paint and some new villains and tbh that swing system is still pretty crappy. Remember the challenges in SM2? I was wondering if they would be in ASM1 but with the cloud swinging races would have been useless. Apparently they did the same thing with this game. The swing system has no real sense of speed and the scale of the city is bad so it makes races impossible.

Besides we can't do tricks,loops,climb up our web any way so what would be the point? LOL

Beenox seemed like they understood that at first but now it doesn't seem like they are capable of doing it the right way. Sm2's swing system has not been beaten yet and it's pretty sad imo.

Forget Gwen...let's talk about the gameplay and how repetitive the combat is. If you look at the vids(that don't exist) you will see that the same animations are used over and over again. I was hoping they would change it up but each time they played I literally saw the same move endings and animations from ASM1. I was also hoping for some new combat upgrades and signature specials and guess what??? There are none! The moves from ASM1 are his signature moves! That's it! You would think that him being a better Spiderman would mean new closer moves but no! They decided to mimic the Arkham engine but neglected to add any worthwhile additions or animations. When AC came out he had special takedowns,new gadgets,quick-fire options which helped to open up the gameplay so that no player played EXACTLY the same. The problem with this game's combat is there's not enough variation to differentiate each player's play-style. No two players should play the same. Unfortunate Beenox doesn't feel the same way.

I also observed that some of the "upgrades" are taken directly from the first game and they are unlocked when you start this one. Huh?? So your telling me it was important enough to lock "Stickyness" and that it needed to be a an "Upgrade" for this game once again? Or! How about being able to throw objects???? Remember that from the first game? Well guess what? They locked the feature and then presented as an upgrade! LOL! They also removed some of the upgrades from the first game.....

They really dropped the ball with this game. Sure they added some new stealth animations but the bulk of the core gameplay has not really been upgraded for this sequel. They could have added air combos,special takedowns,new web attacks ,grapple,and a number of "OLD" additions from previous games but they decided that "That the combat was GREAT as is." Really????? Beenox needs to go. And don't get me started on the ALL NEW swing system. The scale of the city is off. SM2 had pretty good architecture and obviously Spiderman was smaller in comparison to the city. I was thinking that maybe that's the catch 22 of having a bigger Spiderman model or closer camera but then I watched WOS and I noticed that Spidey was identical to his size in ASM1/2 yet the city still looks bigger than him.

Tbh I think it's the city and the fast that we still don't have the SM2 swing mechanics and it's options.

They don't really give us much to work with in the swinging department other than left and right. It's like the web is fired but we still aren't truly in control nor does his body react like it should. It's like he starts swinging and but there's no fully through. If they come back I really want them to add back what made the previous games successful.

What about wall jumps and bouncing off walls? We need more options...

Ok so. I know that the game hasn't offically come out yet but I have seen a lot of footage already and I have made a list of suggestions I would like to present to Beenox.

I don't know if they will be doing the next game or not but I hope that who ever does it includes these suggestions. I would like your input because I would like to make these suggestions as thorough and concise as possible. Please let me know your thoughts. But please keep it civil and respectful. The whole purpose is to help Beenox or someone else create better games.

Amazing Spiderman 3 Suggestions

Swinging/Locomotion

1.Bottom of the Swing Mechanic – please include the SM2 web system complete with using X to create momentum at the bottom of the swing in a more realistic way. I feel like the swinging is still automated and players should have deeper control.

2.Web Zip Traditional – SM2/USM - I miss the original web zip. Web Rush is ok but I didn’t see any new poses or additions.

3.Improve Web Rush – I think web rush is a good addition but I would like it if I could chain together rushes to create some true iconic spidey maneuvers and poses. My main gripe with Web Rush is it automatically does movement for me.

4.Charge Jump - SM2 – please please add this back in. I want to charge my jump. It can also be used to recreate the SM2 swing experience.

5.Double Jump – SM2 - please add this back in!

6.Climb Up – Ultimate Spiderman – please give us the ability to climb our webs by pressing a button. It seems like the web isn’t real if we can’t interact with it.

7.Looping – SM2 – I would like the ability to loop around poles using real momentum(X) and the ability to loop around tall buildings to get to the top of the building. I used to do this in SM2.

8.Speed Upgrades – SM2 – I think now it is time to give the players increased speed upgrades. Spiderman seems to be moving extremely slow.

9.Speed Blur – SM2 – please refer to SM2. When the momentum/bottom of the swing was used the screen would distort. I feel like this helps to sell the fact that your going faster. I think the little speed lines added in ASM2 don’t do that as well.

10.Iconic Poses – In my opinion Spiderman does not use enough iconic poses during is swings and even after swinging. I think it would be awesome if there was time put into giving him many variations on how he swings instead of the same animation over and over. I think giving us actual upgrade options JUST for poses would be really awesome.

11.Wall Run – SM2 – I think the wall run from Sm2 was more effective than the wall run present in ASM2.

12.Wall Bounce – SM2 – I really liked this mechanic because I could start swinging and then when I hit the wall I could press x to bounce off the wall. In another circumstance I could bounce between buildings to get to the top of the building. I think it opens up our options.

13.Air Tricks – SM2 – I think this is the ultimate addition. In SM2 Spiderman could upgrade the tricks he could do in the air. It filled is stamina meter but it also helped make swinging and traveling the city more fun. I think this feature should be added but I would like to see more trick options. Preferably more cooler looking tricks. I would also suggest against making it automated.

14.Splat – SM2 – When we fall from a building that’s to high we should lose health depending on how high the building is.

15.City – please make the city bigger so that the web lines are long enough. I think the left and right swinging is ok but it doesn't look realistic or fluid enough.

I think they could expand on it further with SM2 swing mechanics. But I agree having each trigger being a hand is cool and could be applied to many other areas too. :cwink:

Too piggyback off your comment. Without real physics it's impossible to truly turn a corner sharply. In SM2 when you went really fast you had to be precise so that you cleared the corner of the building so that you didn't hit it and to keep your speed up. That's still not possible with their current system.

Nice post. I respect your opinion but I don't understand how you feel SM2's combat was bad. He had a lot of really cool combos once you upgraded and a lot of the combos were very Spider-like and fun to use. The combos fit Spider-man's personality and they showcased his agility,strength,and his use of webbing. Imo that combat system made sense. There were no automated moves you had to input the commands and if a combo required a web you HAD to press triangle to use it. I also liked how Spiderman's movement was more dynamic in certain combos. He fought on the ground,straight up,and in the air. Another great aspect of the game itself was that it had a manual web system that could function as it's own entity. You could tie up bad guys,throw them in the air,grab them,web blast them,and finally spend them around.

Beenox's combat in ASM1/ASM2 and even some of Shattered Dimensions is very ground based. Spiderman is usually always standing straight up and he hardly ever changes his levels. There is also no manual web system present in their games. For some reason they believe that web shoot is the only way Spiderman should be able to fire his webs. Not to mention they have not changed the horrible looking animations he uses. The targeting system is off and most of the time the webs might hit the ground and in some extreme cases you can't even aim high. It's always in front of him.Weblines are mixed into to combat regardless if you use them or not and most of the "Upgrades" like Disarm are automated.

I can agree with that. Still....I don't think it's about being creative at all. Maybe there's some kind of legal reason that the SM2 system can't be recreated? If not why does Beenox keep trying to do their own thing and miss the mark each time? I think if they combined what worked with the sm2 system and added their controller rumbles features introduced in ASM1 they would have the perfect swing system.

That's my opinion obviously....

These are some of your posts from the past week. You constantly bash this game and put it down. We get it. The web swinging isn't as good as SM2. That's your opinion. You haven't even played the game yet. Looking at a game and experiencing it for yourself are two completely different things. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
The game is made, there's nothing you can do about it.
It sounds like you badly want this game to be a HD version of SM2. It's not.

The week has nothing to do with TODAY. WTF. Your picking and choosing. It's a video game thread I can compare different games. If you don't like it don't come in here. It's that simple.

The week has nothing to do with TODAY. WTF. Your picking and choosing. It's a video game thread I can compare different games. If you don't like it don't come in here. It's that simple.

ACTUALLY, if you read the thread title, it's for the TASM2 game.
I don't come into this thread to read about what great mechanics SM2 has. If I want to know, i'll play the game. I come here to discuss this game and to find out new information.

These are some of your posts from the past week. You constantly bash this game and put it down. We get it. The web swinging isn't as good as SM2. That's your opinion. You haven't even played the game yet. Looking at a game and experiencing it for yourself are two completely different things. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

LOL. I'm bashing the game? LOL.

I put the game down???? I CONSTANTLY do it? That's ALL I talk about???????

You bypassed all my other comments to fit your opinion. If a person is genuinely being negative about something and put's other people's opinions down that is a problem. I didn't do that.

I watched videos of the game. No I don't need to play it to make a review or observations since the people playing the game have shown me what the game has to actually offer. That has NOTHING to do with playing it judging it for myself. I already played the game and it came out in 2012.

And yes there is something I can do about it. So if a game comes out and the customer isn't 100% happy with the product does that mean they don't have the right to tell the creator things that can be improved to make the next one better?

There are always going to be pro's and con's. And people are going to have differing opinions. You need to learn to accept them. Comparing a game from 10 years ago is completely within my right as a consumer. And it's also within my right as gamer and a member on this forum. I see no point in going back and forth with you. You are very selective and see what you want to see. Have fun going back and forth with yourself because I won't be. :yay:

ACTUALLY, if you read the thread title, it's for the TASM2 game.
I don't come into this thread to read about what great mechanics SM2 has. If I want to know, i'll play the game. I come here to discuss this game and to find out new information.

Bull. I can compare the game if the game isn't sufficient. Regardless if the title is about TASM2 it isn't against the rules to make comparisons and suggestions. That's how we have discussions. They still lead back to the topic. That's all I'm going to say to you. :whatever:

Oh look, another kbrooksgohan post. Skip/not reading.

That's how I do it Spider-Dude23.

Guys cheer up,the movie is almost out :)

Watched the movie 2 weeks ago, was not worth the hype I can tell you that. You could call it the best and worst Spider-Man movie at the same time depending on how you view it.

Part two

we fight Electro at TS and his movitation is that he simply wants to appear to the world,the fight is really cool but the reasons behind really let me down

After that Peter go see Harry in his house and Harry tells Peter he is dying and needs Spiderman help like in the movie,Peter tells him that he will see what he can do.

As Spiderman Peter drops in Harry limo and they talk about his blood,Harry offers money but Spidey says that isn't about money but his blood could kill him,Harry dpn't care but Peter rejects like the movie

Later on Spidey discovers that Kraven was going to betray him,he was just training Spiderman to hunt him later, we defeat him and Kravel tells some things i can't remember

Harry injects himself with the Spider Venom and go plant bombs around the city with the Task Force and for no reason attacks Oscorp :doh: Spidey defeat him as usual

Then s*** happens at Raven, hell is happening there,Casady went loose and is making "Carnages" versions to create the family he never had,we again defeat him and then it ends.

After Credits we discover that Menken is Chameleon

Haha, Donald Menkin is Chameleon here? That's random but awesome. Chameleon is never in video games, notice that? I believe the only times he's been in a game was 1. Spider-Man TAS for the SNES and 2. Spider-Man: The Sinister Six for DOS.

Hopefully he'll be back for the next one then.

Watched the movie 2 weeks ago, was not worth the hype I can tell you that. You could call it the best and worst Spider-Man movie at the same time depending on how you view it.

I'm sure i will love it.

I quite liked it.There are definately some weak spots.

Haha, Donald Menkin is Chameleon here? That's random but awesome. Chameleon is never in video games, notice that? I believe the only times he's been in a game was 1. Spider-Man TAS for the SNES and 2. Spider-Man: The Sinister Six for DOS.

Hopefully he'll be back for the next one then.

Yeah,i wasn't expecting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"