The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot freaking believe this game is almost out and we haven't seen more yet...

You guys are finally realizing that an Activision movie-based game might be half-assed? Anyone looking for GTA, TLoU, etc quality with this game just leave. :o

You guys are finally realizing that an Activision movie-based game might be half-assed? Anyone looking for GTA, TLoU, etc quality with this game just leave. :o

Nah definitely wasn't expecting TLOU quality with this lol. Especially if by the same makers as the first.

The potential for a Spider-Man game to be great huge. Seriously imagine a Spider-Man game where you can visit multiple boroughs that all have great, enormous detail, so much free roam activity, etc. Sigh... Maybe when PS5 comes out.

They have shown enough of the game, I don't know what you guys are talking about 3 trailers, a walkthrough video, screenshots, previews, GDC videos, what else is left?

The potential for a Spider-Man game to be great huge. Seriously imagine a Spider-Man game where you can visit multiple boroughs that all have great, enormous detail, so much free roam activity, etc. Sigh... Maybe when PS5 comes out.

I fear the problem is that with SM games you want a nice open world to explore ala SM2 but you also want it to be detailed, which no SM game or in fact any free roaming game has done yet. I want NY to feel busy and alive, and no free roam game has made their world feel busy. Probably due to console limitations but also bigger focus in other parts of the game.

Also, with a SM film released pretty much every 2 years we have no hope of a new developer being able to release a stand alone game outside of a movie tie in. The problem isn't even a movie tie in, it's just they don't improve on things as much as they should. Like heck, i'd be happy enough if the PS4 version had no pop in at all and was 1080p. That's all I wanted. I didn't care for city detail, I just wanted that smoothness as i'm playing, yet the demos have shown both pop in and framerate issues. Next Gen my arse.

I fear the problem is that with SM games you want a nice open world to explore ala SM2 but you also want it to be detailed, which no SM game or in fact any free roaming game has done yet. I want NY to feel busy and alive, and no free roam game has made their world feel busy. Probably due to console limitations but also bigger focus in other parts of the game.

Also, with a SM film released pretty much every 2 years we have no hope of a new developer being able to release a stand alone game outside of a movie tie in. The problem isn't even a movie tie in, it's just they don't improve on things as much as they should. Like heck, i'd be happy enough if the PS4 version had no pop in at all and was 1080p. That's all I wanted. I didn't care for city detail, I just wanted that smoothness as i'm playing, yet the demos have shown both pop in and framerate issues. Next Gen my arse.

It was nowhere confirmed that the walkthrough trailer etc. is PS4 footage. Beenox themselves said they have no idea what version was used to showcase the gameplay (whether it's 360 or early PS4 build).

They have shown enough of the game, I don't know what you guys are talking about 3 trailers, a walkthrough video, screenshots, previews, GDC videos, what else is left?

raw gameplay footage would be a good start. Preferably of the next-gen version.

At this point, it makes no difference if they show more footage from the game. They'll be plenty of walkthrough videos on YT shortly after the release. That's as raw as it gets. Activision uses the same marketing strategy for just about every non-COD game they publish so it's no surprise to me ASM2 matches the status quo.

according to a post on the first game's Steam forums, ASM2 will be available for preorder this week. It's about time!

At this point, it makes no difference if they show more footage from the game. They'll be plenty of walkthrough videos on YT shortly after the release. That's as raw as it gets. Activision uses the same marketing strategy for just about every non-COD game they publish so it's no surprise to me ASM2 matches the status quo.
actually some people get it a week or two before release

kinda depressing that you have to rely on normal gamers to give you a solid look at a game over Activision's bloated marketing department

So, what do you guys make of that article letting slip that Venom is in the game? He listed villains like Black Cat, Kraven the Hunter and then he said Venom. But now he's edited the article to just say "and more" after Kraven when it used to say Venom. Interesting.

I can link the article if you like but it has been edited now.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-preview/

I can link a video that shows the original article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWOceGoqndw

You're not gonna get that from a developer, they already posted a walkthrough trailer showing him swinging, examples of a mission and all that stuff. If you want anymore you're gonna have to wait until release.

The potential is huge but you won't get it if Activision is anywhere near it.

I'd rather have Activision keep the license than Marvel/Disney getting it back. I don't want exclusively mobile Spider-Man movie tie-ins for the years to come.

I'd rather have Activision keep the license than Marvel/Disney getting it back. I don't want exclusively mobile Spider-Man movie tie-ins for the years to come.

Don't forget Facebook flash games that anyone could make.

So Harry GG is in the game... could this mean that Gwen has a chance to die..? If so i would get my own personal revenge agaisn't him,would beat the hell of crap of Harry... oh yeahhh.

I guess people want a demo to play
For Amazing Spider-Man 1 people had the Black Cat stage demo on the 3DS

I guess people want a demo to play
For Amazing Spider-Man 1 people had the Black Cat stage demo on the 3DS

Would be awesome if they released one, I would also like to play it. I remember that 3DS demo came out. I haven't heard about a demo for this one though, I'll be picking up the game for the PS4 regardless because I'm a sucker for any Spider-Man games, so if anyone would like to see footage when I get it I will share some videos with the PS4 and put them on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"