The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 8

Multi-quoting post, here it comes! Sorry guys, but I love this discussion! :up:

those graphics from the Division... wow. For the first time in a long time something got me speechless

I don't think that even ps4 can yet handle those city graphics with Spider-man's super fast and agile gameplay mechanics, but probably close if Marvel decides it's worth an investment of that level. And seeing how much Marvel Studios would love to get the movie licence back, there is hope

The Division is, next to Arkham Knight, the most gorgeous game I've seen yet. However, it's still very early in development. We don't really know yet if they'll go Watch Dogs on us, do we?

What I love the most from what I've seen is perhaps the physics, the lighting effects, the city.

Has Marvel Studios really expressed interest in getting the Spider-Man license back? I mean, I have no doubt that they are interested, but I think Marvel Studios are doing fairly well without the license.

Well,EA seems to invest a good amount of money on their IPs,my favorite franchises are from EA/Bioware so i kinda trust them,imagine a Spidey game running on the FrostBite Engine, the suit detail.... :hubba

EA perhaps invest money, but they don't seem to invest in time. Battlefield 4 is an example of that. They'd also micro manage the game like hell.

The FrostBite Engine would be perfect though. That's the DICE developed engine, right?

I hope we see a truely amazing spider-man game one day

I'm feeling ya! There's a 50/50 feeling for me, now that Activision has lost the comic book license. It gives me hope, but it gives me doubt at the same time that Disney/Marvel have the license. Their games suck IMO, and they push stupid things like Ultimate Green Goblin on us all the time. Also, this Marvel Games Universe idea seems weird to me and will perhaps limit the Spider-Man games more. It also doesn't help that it apparently started with a Facebook game haha! I really hope an external studio gets to develope the Spider-Man games.

Marvel wouldn't abuse such a beloved IP at this point now that they have finally full control on the development again. I got this constant feeling that major plans are already in motion and the marvel execs are just walking through the streets, snickering because they are the only ones who know what's coming

As I said above, this gives me hopes and fears at the same time. This is really where things might change for the much better and the chance of Spider-Man to finally be treated with the same love as Batman in games. However, I get the feeling that Disney/Marvel don't know what the heck they're doing in the games department.

I know that feeling and I have no doubt that FrostBite and a good team can deliver but if it wasn't a movie tie,EA would have their "Arkham Series" with Spider-Man,imagine the wind rubbing against the suit when swinging.. the suit damage or webs design... gosh...so much potential..

I was watching some vids of Mirror's Edge last day. I have the game but didn't feel like playing it, just watching to remind me of how it was. Perhaps DICE would be a pretty cool pick to develope a Spider-Man game after all? I don't think it should be first person...but it would be cool to see DICE try something else than a shooter for once. I think they have the talent.

So I traded this game in since I got all the achievements and I got Tomb Raider. This was basically me playing Tomb Raider.

JustSayYesGuy.jpg

Haha, man I absolutely LOVE that game! One of past year's finest. :up:

it may be superficial to say this, but I wouldn't want such a beautiful suit to damage :funny: maybe sometimes, they should make it optional

and your point is solid, I have no doubt that EA wouldn't succeed would Marvel choose them for the development

talking about the webs, the webs when swinging should feel very subtly elastic in order to strengthen the illusion of the web material

Haha I get what you mean about the suit. I agree with you! I think the suit damage in TASM1 was a little too much. I'd rather have the suit be torn in a way that's static to the progression of the story. Much like in the Arkham games, where it gets slightly more torn the longer you are into the story. Have perhaps one or two risps, but don't torn the suit until perhaps the final battle or something (like in Enter Electro).

I totally agree with you about elastic webs. That's something these games are missing: the feeling of weight.

Okay..I really dig a scar here and there or a broken lense :hehe:

Holy gosh you're making me dream even more, that would be perfect.

A good cast,writing team,money,graphics/engine,motions capture and etc.

EA can afford all of that I'm pretty sure.

One day..

Stop, you're making me drool haha!

Speaking of that, who would you want to write the game story?

Tomb Raider was single-handedly the best game I played since Batman: Arkham City.

I mean holy **** was that game was badass. I mean I was not ready for the awesomeness of Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider was single-handedly the best game I played since Batman: Arkham City.

I mean holy **** was that game was badass. I mean I was not ready for the awesomeness of Tomb Raider.

I agree. Lara Croft was great in the game, and I loved the tone and story as well. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.

Oscorp.

I don't doubt that the rights are going to Marvel,but I doubt that they would want to do a AAA Spider-Man by their hands,they even have a team for that? If not I think that they will listen fans and give the rights to some dedicated publisher and I'm honestly gonna say that EA would be a nice move.

I still think that Dice dropped the ball with the release of BF4,every Battlefield that they make always come bugged,some less others more,since EA is making every non sport with the FrostBite I'm surely that Spidey would enjoy of such power,did you see Dragon Age Inquisition? That thing is gorgeous.

Dice?I was going to say that but I wasn't sure if Dice would even get interested, if they are wanting to explore new surrounding I think that they could pull a good Spider-Man game,if EA invest a good amount of money and a good development cicle they would have a hit for the future.

The opening of TASM2 with Spidey falling and the details....Frostbite do that and even more,the web color and design would be like perfect,physics,rain or sun,facials expressions....gosh...

The one who could write? If not a someone who worked with Spider-Man comics or is working I would say to loan some writers from Bioware since most of the times their games are very well written with characters and story like David Gaider,but if it's someone from outside then I dunno.. :woot:

Oscorp.

I don't doubt that the rights are going to Marvel,but I doubt that they would want to do a AAA Spider-Man by their hands,they even have a team for that? If not I think that they will listen fans and give the rights to some dedicated publisher and I'm honestly gonna say that EA would be a nice move.

I still think that Dice dropped the ball with the release of BF4,every Battlefield that they make always come bugged,some less others more,since EA is making every non sport with the FrostBite I'm surely that Spidey would enjoy of such power,did you see Dragon Age Inquisition? That thing is gorgeous.

Dice?I was going to say that but I wasn't sure if Dice would even get interested, if they are wanting to explore new surrounding I think that they could pull a good Spider-Man game,if EA invest a good amount of money and a good development cicle they would have a hit for the future.

The opening of TASM2 with Spidey falling and the details....Frostbite do that and even more,the web color and design would be like perfect,physics,rain or sun,facials expressions....gosh...

The one who could write? If not a someone who worked with Spider-Man comics or is working I would say to loan some writers from Bioware since most of the times their games are very well written with characters and story like David Gaider,but if it's someone from outside then I dunno.. :woot:

DICE would be a horrible pick and there are better engines out there for a Spidey game than FrostBite. It's not the fault of DICE that BF4 is a broken mess, BF4 was scheduled for some time in 2014 but was forced out early due to EA (their COD killer has to release around the same time).

I agree that EA can be a good publisher with funding and being forgiving (Respawn and Titanfall is a good example) but I don't think I want them anywhere near Marvel properties. Disney should stop being all about boring mobile games and start to publish themselves with in-house studios. They have some of the best IPs at their disposal with Marvel that should attract a lot of talented people in no time. It's not like an Avengers game wouldn't sell *****loads if it's done properly.

I forgot this game existed until I saw this thread resurface
Then I chose to ignore this thread for a while

I consider giving the game another try one of these days, but I'll have to get myself a gamepad for my PC first

I didn't get a new pad, but I decided to play the game again anyway.
Now that I got sometime off, knowing everything I dislike about the game, I saw one issue being kind of resolved in a nifty way.
I'm having fun with the game now, but man, the race on top of a building is hard.

Yeah, those races gave me quite a bit of trouble too but I had fun with them overall.

I actually really liked this game despite some issues.

Web rushing the drone with a machine gun is pretty nifty.

Decided on this tip: Web rush all the way in races.

Took a swing to Grand Central Station, and there is no sign of the Met Life building.
Why?

Haven't played this since it first came out back on the PS3 days so I managed to pick up a PS4 copy so I can play through it again (and get all the trophies a second time haha). I actually really liked the game when it first came out but it's absolutely insane to think that there was only 4 years in between the time this released and Spider-Man PS4 released, the jump in quality between the two games is just massive.

Edit: One thing that really sucks is that due to the rights moving hands and everything, all the DLC is gone. Which wouldn't be as bad if Beenox didn't decide to put some of the most iconic suits as DLC. Can never play this game again using the Black suit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"