The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, february already.

Won't be that long till the game comes out.

The web swinging indoors was better than it was in open world IMO.

I thought it was cool how they made it a little friendlier for indoor settings- but I do agree it would be better if they stuck to the physics established outdoors in the city with swinging.

Which spider-man game for xbox 360 had the best web swinging? I have only played TASM and I want to buy another one.

Which spider-man game for xbox 360 had the best web swinging? I have only played TASM and I want to buy another one.

Of all the ones on the 360? I would have to say Web of Shadows. You already played TASM, Spider-Man 3 was super slow and really not all that satisfying, and Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time are level-based. Web of Shadows had some sort of speed to it, at least.

But if you're not confined to 360, try picking up Spider-Man 2 for the Xbox. Not only is that the best looking version of the game, but it has the best city, web-swinging, and really is just a hell of a lot of fun for a Spidey fan.

spider-man 2 (2004)

360s play original xbox games, right?

but, um, i guess web of shadows or spider-man 3. i think they're literally the only two open world spider-man games on 360 other than tasm1.

i believe spider-man 3 had more realistic swinging and physics, but it's been ages since i played it.

spider-man 2 (2004)

360s play original xbox games, right?

but, um, i guess web of shadows or spider-man 3. i think they're literally the only two open world spider-man games on 360 other than tasm1.

i believe spider-man 3 had more realistic swinging and physics, but it's been ages since i played it.

I'm almost certain most 360s are backwards compatible, but the earliest model may not have been. I'm not sure.

And yeah, those were the three free roam games. Spider-Man 3's swinging did stick to buildings and didn't allow you to propel yourself upwards like a freaking rocket when letting go of your web like in WoS, unless you did a charge jump off of your webline and even then, it was nothing like the ballerina spins into the stratosphere that WoS featured, because...I guess the developers thought Spider-Man had invisible jets on his back.

But the web-swinging in that game was still more fun than the one in the physically correct Spider-Man 3. Spider-Man 3's was really quite stiff and even with all the upgrades never felt really fast, just kinda quick. Sorta like the real-life difference between jogging and sprinting. Sure jogging is faster than walking and can be fun every once in a while (Spider-Man 3) but sprinting is where you feel really powerful and fast, even if it does have its downside (Web of Shadows) What you REALLY want, though is the real-life equivalent to a bike; all of the speed, almost none of the downsides (Spider-Man 2)

...I just got way too into that. Take notes, Beenox. THIS is the kinda person you're trying to please. :o

Only free-roam Spider-man games on 360/PS4 are Spider-Man 3 and TASM.

Some guy asked whether the game continues to have random crimes throughout the city (never ending) and this was the response on the PS Blog (by the Beenox guy):
Stephane Gravel on January 31st, 2014 at 7:58 am said:
Yes, there will be constant random side activities! That way, you will be able to max out the perks of all your suits.

I hope they're things we can just drop into without a loading screen. I hated that about ASM.

I hope the suits do things that they did in the comics. That was my one gripe with all the alternate costumes from the previous games. They didn't really do anything. So I hope they add bonuses to Spiderman this time. I'm not expecting it but it would be nice if the Scarlet Spider suit had impact webbing pellets that you can through. But I doubt it....

I hope the suits do things that they did in the comics. That was my one gripe with all the alternate costumes from the previous games. They didn't really do anything. So I hope they add bonuses to Spiderman this time. I'm not expecting it but it would be nice if the Scarlet Spider suit had impact webbing pellets that you can through. But I doubt it....

They confirmed it in the PS Blog article. Alternate costumes have certain perks you can level up by using them.

That's a pretty cool idea, actually. Something like the Iron Spider giving extra damage resistance, stuff like that? Could be awesome.

Better swinging mechanics. Check
Never ending random crimes. Check
More alternate suits. Big ol Check, Beenox always deliver in that

That's all I needed to know, I'm ready to take any other thing the game offers

I'm still skeptical but I'd be lying if I said I don't like a lot of what I'm hearing.

I'm skeptical, as I've heard good things, but what counts is how well all of these things will be executed.

I'm skeptical, as I've heard good things, but what counts is how well all of these things will be executed.

Precisely. I got all excited about the last game's promise of an open world, and my god did that make it frustrating when I bought the game.

@Tim. I already knew that. I meant not just added defense etc. I want actual special abilities.

I think entirely new abilities are unlikely, because that's a LOT more coding than just some buffs here and there. With buffs, you're just adjusting the odds of the invisible numbers that control the game. With new abilities, you're adding entirely new features to the game.

Well imo its time to start adding new features because tbh its get boring using costumes that dont anythingn

I hope the perks mean we get a Peter Parker costume that turns Peter effectively invisible (invisible as in citizens don't say "look, Spider-Man!" and ignore the player).

I was finally able to pre-order on amazon.de. Cheaper than I thought too (59,99€ PS4, TASM1 for 360/PS3 was 69,99€).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"