• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be about discussing the game, not a member
Should they borrow something from Shattered Dimensions? For the third movie game, that is

What would you want them to borrow from SD?

So apparently the costumes in this game will give you perks like the old PS1/PC/N64 Neversoft games.

Apparently we will also be able to upgrade the perks by completing side activities.

Source is from the article we got yesterday in the comments Stephane Gravel (Executive Producer of the game) answered some questions there: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...=twitter&utm_campaign=PlayStation&sf1649477=1

Hmmm. Makes me wonder what alternate suits they'll include this time.

One suit that hasn't been included in any of the Beenox games that I'm really fond of is the Spider-Man Unlimited costume. That one would be cool, and it had invisibility features in the PS1 games!

So apparently the costumes in this game will give you perks like the old PS1/PC/N64 Neversoft games.

Apparently we will also be able to upgrade the perks by completing side activities.

Source is from the article we got yesterday in the comments Stephane Gravel (Executive Producer of the game) answered some questions there: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...=twitter&utm_campaign=PlayStation&sf1649477=1

Everything he said sounds really, really good. I just hope the swinging physics aren't completely terrible or all of these improvements will be wasted.

Also that Xbox controller is fake. Really bad photoshop job on that. Look at the Coming Soon text. This BeanOx guy is pulling your legs.

Everything he said sounds really, really good. I just hope the swinging physics aren't completely terrible or all of these improvements will be wasted.

Also that Xbox controller is fake. Really bad photoshop job on that. Look at the Coming Soon text. This BeanOx guy is pulling your legs.

I'm a little worried that the swinging will be hard to do or get used to. The only thing I'm not liking is the whole let go late and you'll get launched up high. I really didn't like being launched up high like that in the first game.

One suit that hasn't been included in any of the Beenox games that I'm really fond of is the Spider-Man Unlimited costume. That one would be cool, and it had invisibility features in the PS1 games!

Spiderman_unlimited.png.PNG

I'm a little worried that the swinging will be hard to do or get used to. The only thing I'm not liking is the whole let go late and you'll get launched up high. I really didn't like being launched up high like that in the first game.

A skill based swing system is better than one that is automatic, imo.

What would you want them to borrow from SD?
Neil Patrick Harris as the voice of Spidey

I'd like to see it as well

I just hope the game is on par or better than SM2. I'd like to have a definitive Spiderman experience for the newer generations. @UltimateWebhead. Agreed. Automatic gameplay is not the way to go. I hope they learned their lessons.

I just hope the game is on par or better than SM2. I'd like to have a definitive Spiderman experience for the newer generations. @UltimateWebhead. Agreed. Automatic gameplay is not the way to go. I hope they learned their lessons.

It's certainly sounds like it could be. The way they described the crimes and the world reminds me of Spider-man 2.

Neil Patrick Harris as the voice of Spidey

Is he your favorite from the games thus far?

To the emboldened, yes, I think that's what we all want.

To this point, I would say Beenox has learned their lesson. They've made it clear that webs attach to buildings and your thumbs will be 'worked-out' from swinging. Now, that's still a bit up in the air considering we haven't actually seen some gameplay but it sounds like it's in the right direction and doesn't sound like something automatic.

@Spidey95 Yeah I thought the same with ASM till I played it myself. But I do have a tiny bit of hope for them. Shattered Dimensions was a pretty good game and it had some really nice ideas and great looking levels.

@Ultimate. I sure hope so. I just want to be able to swing and it be a fun experience and be able to do a number of tricks the way spidey can. Shattered Dimensions wasn't a bad game but the swing system in that was not satisfying. Even though it was an indoor game. It was pretty repetitive and was so basic.

You know, WOS had something that no other open world Spidey game had...awesome on wall combat.

spider-man-web-of-shadows-sdcc-13.jpg

But I guess it worked better for this game then others because of the symbiotes wall crawling.

Is he your favorite from the games thus far?
Of the guys who voiced him in games, and how they sound in games, he stands side by side along with Rino Romano as my current top two
NPH crisper delivery of one liners makes him an equal, otherwise I'd give more edge to Romano, I like his voice on Spidey more

You know, WOS had something that no other open world Spidey game had...awesome on wall combat.

spider-man-web-of-shadows-sdcc-13.jpg

But I guess it worked better for this game then others because of the symbiotes wall crawling.
It was a smart move to add wall combat in that game, I will give credit for that

Of the guys who voiced him in games, and how they sound in games, he stands side by side along with Rino Romano as my current top two
NPH crisper delivery of one liners makes him an equal, otherwise I'd give more edge to Romano, I like his voice on Spidey more

I really like NPH. He's definitely up there with my other faves, Keaton/Barnes and of course Romano. Beenox said the actor portraying Spidey in ASM2 is someone who's voiced him before--could be NPH. You never know.

Shattered Dimensions wasn't a bad game but the swing system in that was not satisfying. Even though it was an indoor game. It was pretty repetitive and was so basic.

Agreed, the swinging felt really awkward to me. The animation and feel of it just didn't feel fluid.

Ehm... that's exactly how it should be? If you let go late of the webline you're on your way up (due to going past the lowest point of the swing)?

Ehm... that's exactly how it should be? If you let go late of the webline you're on your way up (due to going past the lowest point of the swing)?

I mean, I hope it doesn't launch you up above the skyscrapers like in TASM1, if it's how you say it is then I have no problem with it.

Here's an example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWPv7OqEXTA

When the player let go of the right trigger he would shoot really high up.
But if you just held down the right trigger the web swinging played itself.

Last edited:
I mean, I hope it doesn't launch you up above the skyscrapers like in TASM1, if it's how you say it is then I have no problem with it.

No I'm fairly certain they meant letting go of the webline at certain heights/angles (let go near lowest point = you move forward fast, let go near highest point = you launch yourself upwards).

No I'm fairly certain they meant letting go of the webline at certain heights/angles (let go near lowest point = you move forward fast, let go near highest point = you launch yourself upwards).

Oh good, it's just the fears of the bad web swinging from the last game haunting me.

The web swinging indoors was better than it was in open world IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"