• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God, that didn't happened. I'm not a fan of Webb's Goblin but at least he resembles 616 Goblin. I mean he's on glider and he's using pumpkin bombs.

...Only the glider and the bombs...in literally NO WAY does he resemble Green Goblin.

Someone broke the street date with ASM and posted gameplay vids to YT. I'd imagine the same will happen here.

Thanks for that mini heartattack. I just thought someone got his hands on an early copy of the game. But it's too early, they're probably preparing for shipments next week at the moment.

...Only the glider and the bombs...in literally NO WAY does he resemble Green Goblin.

Just the glider and the pumpkin bombs...

The formula taken by Harry doesn't resemble the Goblin? His high pitched laugh doesn't resemble the Goblin? The nod to his pointed ears with the bluetooth ear piece doesn't resemble the Goblin? The enhanced strength and combat abilities doesn't resemble the Goblin?

Please go on about how far they deviated from the source material. Just because he doesn't look like a bad halloween costume doesn't mean there's NO WAY he resembles the Goblin. Sick of all the hate from people who've yet to even view the film...

The formula taken by Harry doesn't resemble the Goblin? His high pitched laugh doesn't resemble the Goblin? The nod to his pointed ears with the bluetooth ear piece doesn't resemble the Goblin? The enhanced strength and combat abilities doesn't resemble the Goblin?

Please go on about how far they deviated from the source material. Just because he doesn't look like a bad halloween costume doesn't mean there's NO WAY he resembles the Goblin.

JOE, have I ever told you that you're awesome? If not, well, you're awesome. :up:

Please go on about how far they deviated from the source material. Just because he doesn't look like a bad halloween costume doesn't mean there's NO WAY he resembles the Goblin. Sick of all the hate from people who've yet to even view the film...

Haven't even heard his laugh, unless you mean that random wailing Dehaan did in the B-Roll footage.
THIS
1970703_10153952778710187_448220340_n.jpg

Does not resemble this

1835856-greengobliniiasm136.gif

At all. Not even the Alex Ross pictures, which is the most realistic versions we've seen of the Goblin costume. How cool would this have been?

10154412_387028378105456_3380661692114497202_n.jpg

But oh no, we got Evil Freakin' Ed. Bluetooth ears do not look like Goblin's ears. It looks like he has a bluetooth in his ear. Slicked back thinning hair does not resemble the cap that Goblin wears. It looks like he's balding in a terrible fashion. Sick of all the blind love from people who've yet to even view the film...

@ANE: you can hear his laugh here.

[YT]haRujy86sMo#[/YT]

Thanks for that mini heartattack. I just thought someone got his hands on an early copy of the game. But it's too early, they're probably preparing for shipments next week at the moment.

lol. Sorry about that.

ASM broke street date by about a week, if I remember correctly. I didn't watch the vids but the uploader cleverly put them up over the weekend when no one was 'at work.' They didn't get taken down until that following Monday. I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen again.

@ A Necessary Evil, read my last post and tell me I'm wrong about what I stated.

Does not resemble this

1835856-greengobliniiasm136.gif

At all. Not even the Alex Ross pictures, which is the most realistic versions we've seen of the Goblin costume. How cool would this have been?

There are some costumes/looks that just don't work in a movie. Green Goblins look is one of them. It just looks ******ed, like the Wolverine costume (Wolverine would never wear something like that because the mask and colours are ******ed).

@ANE: you can hear his laugh here.

[YT]haRujy86sMo#[/YT]

Thanks for that link :up:

Ehhh on the laugh though

Really liked the last part "if you want me to come down so it's easier for you to kill me, I'll be right there" lol

Let's hate on the Goblin because he's not Green skinned while wearing purple boots, gloves and a hat with point ears. They're saving those types of costumes for Santa Claus movies where they belong

There are some costumes/looks that just don't work in a movie. Green Goblins look is one of them. It just looks ******ed, like the Wolverine costume (Wolverine would never wear something like that because the mask and colours are ******ed).

They could do something with what they did in X-Men: First Class. Use the retro and actual suits from the comics, but they don't need spandex. Oh, and also, never say never.

WolverineCostume1.jpg
:cwink:

@ A Necessary Evil, read my last post and tell me I'm wrong about what I stated.

Hmm...seems I already did.

Let's hate on the Goblin because he's not Green skinned while wearing purple boots, gloves and a hat with point ears. They're saving those types of costumes for Santa Claus movies where they belong

It's a big budget movie. They worked wonders with the Dark Elves in Thor 2, don't know why it's impossible for Goblin to get the same.

It's a big budget movie. They worked wonders with the Dark Elves in Thor 2, don't know why it's impossible for Goblin to get the same.

Hmm, I don't know... Maybe because they're from another planet? The MCU doesn't have to stay grounded because they've incorporated the 9 realms. They're limitless to what they can do. The Webbiverse unfortunately doesn't have that flexibility.

:facepalm:

The formula taken by Harry doesn't resemble the Goblin?

Nothing to do with his looks.

His high pitched laugh doesn't resemble the Goblin?
Nothing to do with his looks, again.

The nod to his pointed ears with the bluetooth ear piece doesn't resemble the Goblin?
lol No. It resembles a guy wearing blue tooths. I would never in a million years see that randomly and go "oh, that is Green Goblin."

The enhanced strength and combat abilities doesn't resemble the Goblin?
Wow, again? Nothing to do with his looks.

Um, well when you see a character that literally in no way resembles his comic counterpart....
I mean, his skin isn't even green. He has got like green veins or dirt or something on parts of is face. He is mostly wearing trashy, dark armor with some green on it.

Look at the other versions of the Goblin. Raimi's had the same face shape, pointed teeth, goblin ears, pointed nose, pointed head, same yellow eyes and eyeshape. The green a lot of the times reflected a purple like color in reference to the old suit.
Ultimate Green Goblin was all green, had a similar face structure, pointed goblin ears and a purple cloak (though when he got big he looked too much like Hulk with Goblin ears and horns).

All the other variations play on the same idea of the original, but sometimes add in armor etc.

I am not saying go with the 1960's classic Goblin suit, but I do think something similar or updated and tweaked could have worked. Hell, even if Harry were green, had actual ears and a pointed nose and yellow eyes I could get over it. They'd have to find out a replacement for the hair though. That is just laughable to me.

Hmm, I don't know... Maybe because they're from another planet? The MCU doesn't have to stay grounded because they've incorporated the 9 realms. They're limitless to what they can do. The Webbiverse unfortunately doesn't have that flexibility.

Yeah you do raise a good point considering oh wait no you don't

I doubt in a world where we're supposed to believe that there's a teenager who dresses up in spandex (who can get bitten by a spider and have superpowers, no doubt), a man can fall into a vat of eels and somehow manages to have the ability to shoot electricity out of his arms, a giant lizard man roams the streets of NYC, and a...whatever Webb's Goblin is exists, I doubt people would go "oh now that's just impossible!" Comic book films don't need to be grounded at this point. Thanks to the MCU, people's ability to suspend disbelief is all but existent. I'd have more respect if they just went all out and gave us the Goblin from the comics than the crap we're getting.

Yeah... you wanna see a guy wearing a purple and green pajama? That would be awesome! .... :doh:

The Power Ranger is better.... a LOT....

@ webhead731 Don't face palm me.

You've just stated the creation of the Goblin, his laugh and abilities don't "resemble" the Goblin. It's fascinating. I'm going to leave the definition of resemble here for you. Take some time, then get back to me whenever you can.

resemble (rɪˈzɛmbəl)
vb
1. (tr) to possess some similarity to; be like.

Once again, if it's a big budget action film, and the most they can do is shell out something that looks like a pair of pajamas and a halloween mask, that's the fault of the filmmakers and studio.

You've just stated the creation of the Goblin, his laugh and abilities don't "resemble" the Goblin. It's fascinating. I'm going to leave the definition of resemble here for you. Take some time, then get back to me whenever you can.

resemble (rɪˈzɛmbəl)
vb

As in, I can look at it and see a similarity to the comic book goblin. Which nobody in their right mind clearly could. Now, Webb's Goblin definitely resembles Evil Ed, but I thought this was Spider-Man, not Fright Night. :whatever:

Yeah you do raise a good point considering oh wait no you don't

I doubt in a world where we're supposed to believe that there's a teenager who dresses up in spandex (who can get bitten by a spider and have superpowers, no doubt), a man can fall into a vat of eels and somehow manages to have the ability to shoot electricity out of his arms, a giant lizard man roams the streets of NYC, and a...whatever Webb's Goblin is exists, I doubt people would go "oh now that's just impossible!" Comic book films don't need to be grounded at this point. Thanks to the MCU, people's ability to suspend disbelief is all but existent. I'd have more respect if they just went all out and gave us the Goblin from the comics than the crap we're getting.

You're not comparing apples with apples. You're asking why this movie can't do something because a movie (in a different universe) did it with Elves from another planet.

There's nothing more to discuss lol. Break it down to simplest form and you'll see how dumb it sounds.

resemble (rɪˈzɛmbəl)
vb

Yes. Resemble. In terms of looks. Not character. :rolleyes:

Yes. Resemble. In terms of looks. Not character. :rolleyes:

Your constantly failed technicality attempts are pathetic.

green%20goblin%20gwen%20stacy%20the%20amazing%20spider-man%202.gif

Hey look guys, I wonder what villain that is! Could be anyone!

It's really not worth arguing with them. Trust me. Save your energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"