Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Bring us FF Tactics to the Switch Square!

Apparently there's a rumoured Nintendo direct coming soon. Anything you want to see?

I want release dates for Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem. I also want to know if they're gonna do any improvements to the eShop's UI. A few fun surprise announcements like a Pikmin 4 or Luigi's Mansion would be cool too. We could also see more third party surprises along with a release date for Wolfenstein II on Switch. I think any huge titles like a new Smash and the new Switch Pokemon will be shown at E3. Who knows though. Nintendo does like to surprise and subvert expectation.

An improvement I would love for the eShop, is a wishlist feature. Thee's so many indie games on there that I'm interested in, but I don't have the time or money to buy/play them, but I may later. It would just make it easier to look at your wishlist later on, and be able to pick up the game you have time for.

You can add items to a Wishlist but there's no way to view said wishlist.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]Two articles from the same place, two from other places

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Miyamoto Apparently Looks For Non-Super Fans As Designers January 2, 2018

[FONT=&quot]-

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo has been mopping up the video game scene all year. They continue to keep doing so in 2019 with a new sales goal....[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]

Also with

All January Nintendo Direct rumors in one place; GTA V, Virtual Console, more- January 2, 2018

[FONT=&quot]Over the past week, countless rumors have pointed towards a Nintendo Direct taking place later this month on January 11th. Nintendo has yet to...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]Lastly

[FONT=&quot]The Switch’s Virtual Console might have been delayed even longer January 2, 2018

A leak from Nintendo's Italian site hints that we might not see the Switch's paid online or VC for a long time yet.Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Mercenaries Saga Chronicles launches January 18 in Japan[/FONT]
Published 1 day ago. 1 comment.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Three strategy RPGs in one.

Mercenaries-Saga-Chronicles_01-03-17.jpg

\Mercenaries Saga Chronicles will launch for Switch on January 18 in Japan, developer Rideon announced.

The trilogy will include Mercenaries Saga, Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle, and Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War. The latter two titles are currently available in English across iOS, Android, and 3DS, while the original Mercenaries Saga is currently only available in Japanese for iOS and Android.

A western release is also planned via publisher Circle Entertainment, but a release date has yet to be announced.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]
source:
[FONT=&quot]Gamezone,[/FONT] EGMnow&Gematsu

Last edited:
Vgchartz is saying Doom sales were a flop on the Switch.

I am seeing a lot of rumors for the next Direct being on the 11th.

MARIO Odyssey, MARIO Kart 8, Pokken, Splatoon, and Legend of Zelda, yeah I’m loving my switch.

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Hello Kitty Kruisers rated for Switch in Germany[/FONT]
Published 2 days ago. 29 comments.
Sanrio and Friends racing game headed to Switch?

Hello-Kitty-Kruisers-Switch_01-04-18.jpg

The German USK has rated Hello Kitty Kruisers for Switch.

Published by Rising Star Games and developed by Scarab Entertainment, Hello Kitty Kruisers was first released for iOS and Android in January 2014, followed by Wii U in March 2014 and PC (Steam) in July 2015.

The Wii U version is considered rare and goes for high prices on websites like eBay.

source:
Gematsu

Finally, Hello Kitty in racing form. :o

Yeah I must admit, I've been watching the cartoon version of it and it seems quite good. Bit of a fresh coat of paint for a franchise that needed it

Deserved! The Nintendo haters on youtube can seethe.

I'll never understand why people care so much about the success or failure of things they hate. Of course I'm not talking about anything important like who's president or whatever, just video games, comic book movies, that sort of thing. If a Nintendo console is successful, that doesn't affect some die-hard Sony fanboy's life at all, or vice versa.

Nintendo of Russia teases Direct announcement -January 9, 2018

[FONT=&quot]Rumors of an upcoming Nintendo Direct have been circulating for a while now, giving way to countless announcement rumors. Nintendo has yet to verify if...Read more

[/FONT]

Also with

Nintendo President Hopes to Make Announcement Soon Regarding Super Mario Movie
[FONT=&quot]- January 9, 2018 https://www.gamezone.com/news/ninte...cement-soon-regarding-super-mario-bros-movie/

[FONT=&quot]In November, we learned that Nintendo was looking to make a Super Mario movie in collaboration with Illumination Entertainment. The details were never confirmed, and...[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more

[/FONT]

Lastly

Nintendo trademark resurrects classic N64 title
[FONT=&quot]- January 9, 2[FONT=&quot]018[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo has filed a trademark for an N64 game from 1998 that saw a Virtual Console release on the Wii in 2008 and a...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more
[/FONT]

source:
[FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT]

I'll be very disappointed if Switch Virtual Console is subscription-based only. :(

I'll never understand why people care so much about the success or failure of things they hate. Of course I'm not talking about anything important like who's president or whatever, just video games, comic book movies, that sort of thing. If a Nintendo console is successful, that doesn't affect some die-hard Sony fanboy's life at all, or vice versa.

Actually. . . okay, this is a bit of a stretch, but I can think of one way success of console X could effect fans of console Y. Specifically, if the Switch sells awesomely, and people buy third party games for it, more and more third parties will make games for it. However, since the Switch has less horsepower than the other consoles, it can't just get unmodified ports of current gen AAA titles. Historically, this has meant getting old ports, or badly downgraded ports.

However, if the Switch sold enough and had enough of an audience willing to buy non-Nintendo games? In theory, big AAA studios like EA or Ubisoft might stop chasing the Exponential Graphics Curve, and focus their development on the Switch first, with other versions just being ports of the same game with dialed up resolution settings. And *that* is what I think some of the Nintendo haters fear: that Nintendo being successful would lead to 3rd party companies no longer making as many games focused on bleeding edge graphics. Which, effectively, boils down to "I am afraid they won't make as many of the games that I want".

Now, is this a reasonable fear? Not *really*. Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are not good solely because of bleeding edging photorealistic graphics and x64 anti-aliasing. However, I think there's a chunk of fans who've defined their fandom around the idea of the ever-advancing graphics curve, and when you've spent so long mocking anything that didn't run at 4K 60FPS as trash, that its part of your identity. . .

I'll be very disappointed if Switch Virtual Console is subscription-based only. :(

I don't know, it depends on how they do it. To use one extreme hypothetical, imagine if their system were "all the VC games introduced on all prior platforms, N64 and prior, available all the time". At 20 bucks a year, that's a *very* compelling sell, as long as you play retro games at all.

At this point, I think the Nintendo Direct is just going to be a giant rick roll. Between the Amazon stuff, the EA leak, the Nintendo of Russia saying its coming, NoA trolling us with the parrot from Odyssey, and now apparently Gamestop tweeting a tweet about the Direct being in 45 minutes, before deleting it, I just don't know when it is coming.

It'll happen soon. Just gotta wait for it.

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Darkest Dungeon for Switch launches January 18[/FONT]
Published 9 hours ago. 7 comments.

"The Crimson Court" and "The Shieldbreaker" add-ons also available.

Darkest-Dungeon-Switch_01-10-18.jpg

The Switch version of Darkest Dungeon will launch via the Nintendo eShop on January 18, developer Red Hook Studios announced.
The main game will cost $24.99, and “The Crimson Court” and “The Shieldbreaker” downloadable contents will cost $9.99 and $3.99, respectively.

Darkest Dungeon first launched for PC in January 2016, followed by Linux that April, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita that September, and iOS in August 2017. An Xbox One version has yet to be officially announced, but it has been rated in Europe.

Red Hook Studios said it will announce more information on ithe upcoming “The Color of Madness” downloadable content in the coming months.

source:Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"