Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Outside the Mario movie stuff, decent direct. Some fun updates, and a decent look at what 2022 is going to look like for Nintendo. Kirby looks great. Splatoon is going to be fun. Always here for Bayo. I hope for a Castlevania DS collection.

Really looking forward to playing Ocarina of Time again via Switch Online. I was hoping it'd be a physical release in a compilation with other Zelda games similar to Mario 3D All Stars but I'll take what I can get.

If they can pull off a miracle down the line and release Goldeneye then I might just cry.

Really looking forward to playing Ocarina of Time again via Switch Online. I was hoping it'd be a physical release in a compilation with other Zelda games similar to Mario 3D All Stars but I'll take what I can get.

If they can pull off a miracle down the line and release Goldeneye then I might just cry.
Was hoping for a Windwaker/Majora/Ocarina/Twilight/Skyward Remaster would have been amazing. Or just do SS Remaster and the others in an All-Stars.

Banjo Kazooie was in there, hopefully that means Tooie and Goldeneye are also on the table.

Banjo Kazooie was in there, hopefully that means Tooie and Goldeneye are also on the table.
Tooie for sure but I think that some of the rights issues for Goldeneye come from MGM and not just Rare.

Had my first go on Ringfit and it was fun! Tonight will give Zelda a go.

Bleh. Sounds about right for modern Square-Enix: "Port these PS2 games to a platform vastly more powerful than a PS2? Nah, too much work."

Bleh. Sounds about right for modern Square-Enix: "Port these PS2 games to a platform vastly more powerful than a PS2? Nah, too much work."
I never played the remasters. Do they have better textures and models or is it just a resolution and performance upgrade?

I never played the remasters. Do they have better textures and models or is it just a resolution and performance upgrade?

I'm sure they do, but it doesn't change my response. These games worked fine as PS2 games, or handheld games. Nobody made you port them to a poorly optimized engine that needs a PS4 minimum to run it. You did that to yourself.

Oh so this Zelda game the girlfriend got is Skyward Sword, not Breath of the Wild. Still need to catch up on it anyway though.

Cloud version refers to cloud computing. Essentially, a server is the one doing all the processing, not the switch. It allows the Switch to play games beyond its specs.

Similar like for MPORPGs like WoW?

Similar like for MPORPGs like WoW?
You need an internet connection to play it and it sends the game from a server to your console to play it.

Which sucks. You no longer own any game despite paying full price for it. When the cloud goes down or they shut it down you can no longer play.

Which sucks. You no longer own any game despite paying full price for it. When the cloud goes down or they shut it down you can no longer play.

It also means they can alter it. Even to the point that the fundamentals you enjoyed may no longer be available, or if you stop playing for a period you could miss out on necessary items. Thus you bought a game you liked and potentially end up with an almost wholly unrecognizable game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"