Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Honestly I thought Banjo was a big step up from Mario 64.
In terms of gameplay, clever dialogue and obviously improved graphics, absolutely. I just had more fun with the worlds and challenges in Mario 64.

I was kinda disappointed of the small worlds in SM64. B&K 2nd level (I guess Treassure Cove) was huge compared to the 2nd level of SM64

I did think a new Fire Emblem Warriors was possible, what with 3 Houses being so popular. Somewhat horrified by Kirby's new abilities. Mario Strikers returns AND a new Wii Sports. A look at Splatoon 3's co-op mode. Xenoblade 3 is neat.

Although, I am just laughing my ass off at Mario Kart 8 DLC.

I was initially annoyed when they announced MK8 DLC instead of MK9, but then they said 48 tracks and I became totally ok with it. New Kirby game looks great as well.

I like it when Good Square-Enix shows up, and they tend to show up to Nintendo events, not Sony events. Even if Chrono Cross still sucks, I will tolerate such in order to get things like Live-A-Live and Front Mission, and of course Triangle Strategy.

I wish we could get the classic FF in HD 2D.

Man, I am surprised at how much I want to get back into Mario Kart. I haven't played it in a long time, but damn, intrigued by a whole new games worth of courses.

Chrono Cross coming to Switch? Nice. May have to look into that because I loved the hell out of Chrono Trigger on the DS.

While I'm not a big Earthbound fan, I know plenty are happy to get that and Beginnings. But damn it, I still wish the Kingdom Hearts trilogy wasn't limited to Cloud.

Still kind of interested who is working on Strikers. Camelot's work on Golf and Tennis has been serviceable, but seems to lack for keeping things interesting to keep playing.

I was initially annoyed when they announced MK8 DLC instead of MK9, but then they said 48 tracks and I became totally ok with it. New Kirby game looks great as well.
MK8 is like the pinnacle of the franchise and I don't know what whacky game mechanic they'll do next to make it even better.

For a brief moment I was in the wrong thread thinking MK8 was Mortal Kombat 8 and I was like, "the hell it was (for me it was UMK3)" until I realized it's Mario Kart 8 instead. :o

My only quibble with MK8 on Switch is that players 2-4 have the driving assist features turned on by default, maybe the features that only players ages 7 and under should need shouldn't be on by default? Every time I play with friends or family I have to show them how/remind them to turn those off.

Last edited:
Honestly for MK9, I just think they should do Smash Bros Racing. Endless potential for tracks, characters and vehicles. The kind of game that could be supported for years and years.

I believe Digimon Survive will release someday. I still believe....

I bought a Nintendo Switch for my son and ended up getting the online play. We're having a blast playing some of the old classic games. He's playing some of the old Mario games and I've been tackling Mario 64 for the first time in ages. Hope one of these days they add Goldeneye.

Definitely going to buy it for my PS5. Just hope they don't pull a GTA Trilogy.

This collection is being put together by Digital Eclipse, the people who did the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, Disney Afternoon Collection, and SNK 40th Anniversary Collection. While there may be some questions about the online play, Digital Eclipse generally puts good legacy collections together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"