Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

WE GOT DIRECT SIGN!!!! :woo::woo::woo::woo:

Keeping my expectations in check. Obviously, a decent chunk for Zelda. Get the next Mario Kart wave. Probably Octopath Traveler and the FF Pixel Remasters. Maybe hear if Advanced Wars is cancelled or not.

Damn, shadow drop the Metroid Prime remaster.
And it looked goooood.

Tears looks fantastic. I just really, really, really hope they've done away with weapon deg. It's what killed my enjoyment of the first one.

Good voice for Gannondorf.

About what I expected for the Direct. Prime and the Micky Mouse platformer were a surprise.

And it looked goooood.

Tears looks fantastic. I just really, really, really hope they've done away with weapon deg. It's what killed my enjoyment of the first one.

That Metroid Prime announcement flashed me back to grade 10 when the only games I had for the GameCube were it and NHL 2003. I feel like I have to buy it for that reason alone.

Though I want the physical edition...

That Metroid Prime announcement flashed me back to grade 10 when the only games I had for the GameCube were it and NHL 2003. I feel like I have to buy it for that reason alone.

Though I want the physical edition...
Nice. :D

Happy there is a physical edition coming. Feels like a must with the storage space on the Switch.

I'm glad to see Link has a Goblin Glider now.

Edit: I should have called it a Bokoblin Glider, but I didn't think of it until 10 minutes later. But I wanted it out there.

Last edited:
Nintendo really is trying to up prices to $70.

[shakes head]

I'm glad to see Link has a Goblin Glider now.

Edit: I should have called it a Bokoblin Glider, but I didn't think of it until 10 minutes later. But I wanted it out there.
Too late you said the thing!

raw

So after five years of dragging my feet, thinking about finally buying a Switch so my buddies and I can play Super Smash Bros (I've been missing it).

Apparently you need to install an app on your phone to use a chat feature? How exactly does that work, and what headset do I need to buy? I have an Android phone btw.

So after five years of dragging my feet, thinking about finally buying a Switch so my buddies and I can play Super Smash Bros (I've been missing it).

Apparently you need to install an app on your phone to use a chat feature? How exactly does that work, and what headset do I need to buy? I have an Android phone btw.
If your smartphone has a 3.5mm audio jack, then any standard headset will do fine. Even those earphones with inline microphone should do the job.

As for the app, you could install the official Nintendo app. You're better off with Discord to be honest.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.znca&hl=en&gl=US

I'm hoping Nintendo will eventually make a remastered Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door for the Switch.

Is there a way to find out if my phone has that kind of audio jack?
It's a standard headphone jack, but if you're dealing with a phone from the last 5 years you may need an adapter.

now that they have GB and GBA on the nintendo online I hope they do GC and maybe Wii games?

now that they have GB and GBA on the nintendo online I hope they do GC and maybe Wii games?

Its never going to happen, for a variety of reasons:

1. Games on the Gamecube are sufficiently complex that emulation isn't trivial. You pretty much would need to do custom emulation tweaking for every game, which is a lot of work for a cheap subscription.

2. Games on the Gamecube are big, much bigger than even N64 games. Its not practical to make an NSO app that just contains all the available library, it would be too large.

3. Games on the Gamecube are sufficiently desirable to this day that they can easily be sold as standalone remasters. There is no economic incentive to include them as a "free" part of a service when they could be sold individually.

All of this applies even moreso for Wii games.

My only issue is most of these tracks are recycled from Tour.

Sadly, Tour is the biggest source of unused tracks. There are some fun tracks there, but I get it. "Real World place" in Mario Kart is weird. I just hope all the Rainbow Roads eventually make it on there. Should be close by now.

heads up since it is almost Mario Day (Mar 10) all this week at game stop all of the main Mario games on Switch are on sale I got Mario Kart 8 for 39 and gonna get Mario 3D World later this week.

I forgot how FUN 3D World is it is a hoot of a game me and my niece was playing it last weekend she already got to the boss level on world 1 and beat him by herself she is only 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"