Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Mario supposedly sold 2 million units over its first weekend.

NintenDOOMED!!!!!!!

This is what happens when you don't create the world's most powerful console. :o

I think even Nintendo is surprised by the Switch's success coming off the Wii U. Nintendo is back. I'm a happy fanboy.

On an unrelated note I scored the SNES Classic. My local Best Buy had only one in stock and lucky me got one.

This is what happens when you don't create the world's most powerful console. :o

I'm glad Nintendo isn't bothering to participate in Sony and Microsoft's d*** measuring contest. They seemed to learn the correct lessons from the Wii U's failure.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSCapcom Games On Switch: "No Time to Make New Games For a Console Within a Year of Its Launch."Oct 30, 2017

Capcom, a classic contender in the video game space, can't seem to decide if it likes good press or bad press....Read more

[/FONT]
Also with

safe_image.php
[FONT=&quot]

This chart shows why the Nintendo Switch was a brilliant idea October 31, 2017

Nintendo has analyzed how players use their Nintendo Switches, and it proves that the hybrid console was a good idea.
Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

source: Gamezone&[FONT=&quot]EGMnow[/FONT]

Last edited:
I'm glad Nintendo isn't bothering to participate in Sony and Microsoft's d*** measuring contest. They seemed to learn the correct lessons from the Wii U's failure.

I agree. Nintendo definitely figured out why the Wii U didn't work and has course corrected big time with the Switch. I like that Nintendo is the alternative console. It's great to own in addition to one or more others. I have the PS4, Xbox One S and a gaming PC and the Switch gives me a complete different gaming experience than the others. Variety is the spice of life and all that jazz.

So I wonder if Nvidia's Volta chips will make it into a Switch refresh or sequel. :hmm

so with the news this week it's show there's still plenty of of Room for too hand held consoles fromthe same publisher. deatil on how nintendo's 3d's are doing with the swtich around inthe video below

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]UORAbDWireM[/YT]

Battlegrounds Xbox One Date Announced - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]971 views9 hours ago Published on 11/01/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we find out when PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will finally land on the Xbox One! We also have some good news for fans of the Nintendo Switch, beat [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]up on the DC movie universe, get squirrely with Marvel's New Warriors, and finally, loot a double dose of Star Wars gaming news![/FONT]

also fallowing news onthe switch

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSNintendo outlines holiday sales; Includes Nintendo Switch, 2DS, and more Yesterday at 11:39 am

Nintendo is looking to details their Black Friday 2017 details well-before Black Friday rolls around and it looks...
Read more

[/FONT]

sourceEPN.tv& [FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT]

Looks like EA is out of the Switch game.

never felt like they were ever really in

At this point, EA probably doesn't care because their fan base has settled into Xbox or PS over the last decade. They don't even produce many noteworthy games anymore. The last one I can think of is Dragon Age Inquisition. Everything else has been a regurgitated annual title that's bloated with season passes or loot boxes now.

Talk of the switch's storage space and SD cards withthe game L.A. Noire
[FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]GkSRxXd1FGc[/YT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]\[/FONT]
New Star Wars Heroes May Get Own Movies - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]969 views8 hours ago Published on 11/02/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have new details about what the future holds for the Star Wars film franchise! We also get the latest on the live-action remake of The Lion King, delve[/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important] into what Nintendo could do with the popularity of Mario and their other characters, and finally, investigate just how small the internal storage on the Nintendo Switch really is.

[/FONT]

source:EPN.tv

I remember when this was talk about with the switch memory with on Gameinformer and the Sdcards & it was stated by representatives from Nintendo that the SDcard allowed the switch to hold up to two terror bites of memory.

Here's that article below:>>

page: 27

source:
thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
icon1.gif
The Official Nintendo Switch Thread (
multipage.gif
... Last Page)

this will be shocker for most.

and should be.

Quote:

toprrr610.jpg

Update 1/14/2017: In a statement to Game Informer, a Nintendo representative clarified that the Switch will be compatible with Micro SDXC cards, allowing the system to hold up to 2TB of memory. You can find the full statement below.
“Nintendo Switch is compatible with the SDXC standard, which supports up to 2TB. (Note that 2TB cards are not yet on the market, but the system will support them when they are.)”

1TB Micro SDXC cards are still a ways off for most consumers as well. Currently, the largest available SDXC cards hold 512GB of storage and retail for $200 on the low end, while the highest Micro SDXC card is currently 256 GB.

Original Story: Nintendo has given us a better understanding of the Switch's storage options, which may or may not assuage your memory concerns.
We've learned a lot about the Nintendo Switch in the past 24 hours, and while much of it has been good news, many are concerned with the system's paltry internal storage. The Switch comes with just 32 Gigabytes of internal memory, a portion of which is set aside for system use. On today's Treehouse livestream, however, Nintendo revealed that the Switch can support up to 256 Gigabyte Micro SDXC cards. The card slips seamlessly into a slot underneath the system's kickstand, shown below.
hardware.jpg

Samsung-brand 256GB Micro SDXC cards currently run between $150-200 on Amazon, so getting the maximum amount of space will significantly increase your investment in the Switch. However, don't go shopping quite yet; the Switch's internal space may not be as big of a concern as it is on the PS4 and Xbox One, which require you install all game data onto their respective hard drives. We'll have to wait and see how the Switch handles game data as well as updates and DLC before deciding what kind of space we'll need.

source: GI

Last edited:
So, if the last Direct wasn't enough info on the mechanics, we are getting a Xenoblade 2 direct on Tues.

I'm hyped for Xeno2 and have it preordered on Amazon, but do we need a Direct for the game? What more needs said?

I suspect it is going to go even MORE indepth with the fighting system.

I'd like a simple breakdown on the changes between this game's combat and the other Xenoblade games. I really liked the combat in Chronicles and X. I hope Xeno2 doesn't change too terribly much.

I am personally getting excited for the 2018 Direct. Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby are the big ones. Wolfenstein II and BlazBlue Cross are also coming. I wonder what else Nintendo has up their sleeve, as I am certain Metroid and Pokemon are 2019 at the earliest.

I’m wondering when the Virtual Console will be revealed.

I am personally getting excited for the 2018 Direct. Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby are the big ones. Wolfenstein II and BlazBlue Cross are also coming. I wonder what else Nintendo has up their sleeve, as I am certain Metroid and Pokemon are 2019 at the earliest.

Hopefully DK. If we get a new DK game in 2018 that would be my 3 favorite Nintendo franchise covered in the systems like first 21 months or so in 1. Zelda, 2. DK and 3. Mario.

Hopefully DK. If we get a new DK game in 2018 that would be my 3 favorite Nintendo franchise covered in the systems like first 21 months or so in 1. Zelda, 2. DK and 3. Mario.
Well there were hint during my Bday month that just passed

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
NEWS

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
safe_image.php

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Nintendo hints at a new Donkey Kong game headed to the Switch October 30, 2017

Nintendo may be creating a Donkey Kong entry for the Nintendo Switch.Read more

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Bayonetta 3 for the Switch, Metroid Prime 4 reveal trailer, a teaser of the new core Pokémon game with a static and fuzzy image. New DKC teaser. Yoshi and Kirby with dates. SSB logo reveal. I can dream.

Bandai Namco is going to announce 3 big Switch exclusive titles this spring.

Betting Hyrule Warriors 2 is one of them.

If they're announcing three, I would guess a Smash Deluxe.

Well there were hint during my Bday month that just passed

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
NEWS

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
safe_image.php

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Nintendo hints at a new Donkey Kong game headed to the Switch October 30, 2017

Nintendo may be creating a Donkey Kong entry for the Nintendo Switch.Read more

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Another Country Returns game for Switch seems inevitable. I would be shocked if that doesn't happen.

Industry, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Square Enix talks unannounced titles, Switch during latest financial results briefing[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 75 comments.
"Sharp," "powerful," and "well-made" titles being prepared for E3 2018.

Square-Enix-Results_11-08-17.jpg
Square Enix shared new information about unannounced titles and its thoughts on Switch during its latest financial results briefing.
The company plans to launch currently unannounced smartphone titles in the second half of the fiscal year. And next fiscal year it plans to launch big overseas titles, which are being prepared for E3 2018 and are described as “sharp,” “powerful,” and “well-made.”

Square Enix describes the core architectures of PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch as similar, and says multiplatform development is possibly by building a basic version of a game, then optimizing it for each platform.

The company reports being told by overseas retailers and publishers that Switch is selling extremely well, and recognizes that momentum. It says that Nintendo doing well is great for them, and notes that Switch is in a unique position compared to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Switch is described as an opportunity to create middle-range games, and while it is very likely that creating these games would result in them being multi-platform, their expectations for Switch are high and they will aggressively pursue development. Square Enix said that it will not rule out any IPs—new, existing, or revivals—when it comes to Switch.

Finally, here’s a sales number update:

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age – More than three million
  • NieR: Automata – More than two million
  • Final Fantasy XV – Nearing 6.6 million
Thanks, @mochi_wsj (2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7).

[FONT=&quot]
source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online