The Official PS4 Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually used that when I thought I hadn't upon trying it for GTA online and by the time I got back on, because my PS4 would suffers those problems with Sleep Mode and logging into PSN, I only had 9 hours left to play :argh:

Maybe they would have extended it if you'd asked Support? Otherwise that's got to suck.

Do they give refunds for things like that? Imagine you'd used a 48 hour code lol.

the smallest amount of Plus you can purchase is I believe, 3 months, so I dont see them giving a refund for 48 hour which is a free promotional amount

the smallest amount of Plus you can purchase is I believe, 3 months, so I dont see them giving a refund for 48 hour which is a free promotional amount
I didn't mean refund sorry, just an extension of time or a new code.

That kind of policy would be kind of a nightmare on their part. Anyone and everyone who had the service go down for a day or two would be demanding to get extra days. They aren't realistically going to give away anything unless the system is down for a very significant amount of time.

I've been given stuff like this from Xbox support when I've asked (although always for a good reason and due to their mistake). That's why I suggested it, athough I've no idea how it works with PSN. They can see exactly what time I input the code so they can tell I'm not making it up. Plus issuing new 48 hour codes or adding time to your remaining Live account doesn't cost them anything as far as I know. Sometimes codes genuinely just don't work and they give you a new one.

I guess it's like a lot of retail policies they can agree ad hoc 'comforters' with individual people in private but if everyone starts claiming they probably have no obligation to honour it.

It's not an issue of cost so much as hassle I would say. You can't realistically expect them to go around adding time to everyone who demands it just because their connection goes down for a day or two, or giving away free content or what have you. I mean, honestly, sometimes **** happens, you can't expect a band aid for scratch you can barely see all the time.

It's not an issue of cost so much as hassle I would say. You can't realistically expect them to go around adding time to everyone who demands it just because their connection goes down for a day or two, or giving away free content or what have you. I mean, honestly, sometimes **** happens, you can't expect a band aid for scratch you can barely see all the time.
I guess not.

As long as they keep giving it to just me I'll be happy with that. ;)

Wish I had of now :(
Does PSN have instant chat support on the internet? That would be the way I'd recommend but I've never tried it on PSN. The worst they can say is no anyway.

PSN if FINALLY working again for me this morning!!

I liked your avy more when it was that asian dude

Closing in on 20m!

HMk3g5Q.jpg

I got the PS4 Destiny bundle for Christmas...and I can't play it because the network is still down. :argh:

Not when I checked about an hour ago.
Oh damn. Guess it's not back for everyone. :csad:

Really annoying that you can't do a lot of basic things on a modern day console without internet.

Oh damn. Guess it's not back for everyone. :csad:

Really annoying that you can't do a lot of basic things on a modern day console without internet.

I know. :csad:

And I got the same game for my brother-in-law for XBox 360, although he was able to play it this morning.

well, it worked for a brief period for me early this morning.

but then I logged out and now I haven't been able to log back in since. :(

How annoying. That's almost the whole holiday period for some guys. Still struggling to see why the hackers think that's a good thing.

Edit: Thought it was Sunday night for some reason.

is the hack attack still going on? I thought that all stopped yesterday?

and why is Xbox Live up but PSN still down??

From what I understand the attack has stopped, but they haven't gotten things back up and running. There is also a huge spike due to the season. Lots of people got PS4's and games for Christmas, and a lot of people are trying to play since they have time off.

Recipe for disaster.

From what I understand the attack has stopped, but they haven't gotten things back up and running. There is also a huge spike due to the season. Lots of people got PS4's and games for Christmas, and a lot of people are trying to play since they have time off.

Recipe for disaster.

yep. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole