The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

Sounds like they are going to have an invitational tournament at E3 this year. Featuring Smash Switch. So, definitely the highlight of E3 this year.

Got two articles to night one in video the other in written form

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
hqdefault.jpg

[YT]cNL3PxMzMbI[/YT][FONT=Roboto !important]05:58
[/FONT]

Super Smash Bros Switch Playable at E3! - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]846 views[FONT=Roboto !important] 12 hours ago Published on[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important] 03/22/2018
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have the first details on the new Super Smash Bros game being be playable at E3 this June! We also dive into the problems with the pirate game Sea of [/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Thieves, have some big news about the massive game Cyberpunk 2077, assemble a look at a Tron Lego set, and finally, get the latest on the rivalry between Fortnite and Battlegrounds!

[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]

comfirming the above video

[/FONT]

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship Tournament set for E3 2018[/FONT]
Published 15 hours ago. 12 comments.
The first ever exhibition tournament for Super Smash Bros. on Switch.

Smash-Bros-Splatoon-2_03-22-18.jpg

Nintendo will host a Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship Tournament during E3 2018 in Los Angeles from June 11 to 12, the company announced.

Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 will be the first ever exhibition tournament featuring the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game for Switch. And the Splatoon 2 World Championship Tournament will be the first world championship for Splatoon 2Splatoon 2 prior to the Splatoon 2 World Championship.

It will be called the Splatoon 2 U.S. / Canada Inkling Open 2018 hosted by Battlefy. Open qualifiers for teams of four ages 13 and up will take place on April 21 starting at 11 a.m. PT, and finals will take place on April 28 at 8 a.m. PT. Teams will compete in Turf War during the open qualifiers and in Ranked Battle modes during the finals. Players can learn more about the qualifiers here.

Watch a trailer for each event below. Visit Nintendo’s newly launched E3 2018 website here.
Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship Tournament

[YT]FpFgh36jb88[/YT]
Splatoon 2 U.S. / Canada Inkling Open 2018

[YT]1BaZW-kB6vQ[/YT]

source: EPN.tv& Gematsu

Any bets on getting a preview before the big E3 spotlight of the game?

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo announces ticket reservation system to play Super Smash Bros. for Switch at E3 2018[/FONT]
Published 18 hours ago. 32 comments.
Reserve your spot in advance.

Smash-Switch-E318-Reserve_05-16-18.jpg

Nintendo will allow fans to reserve a ticket to play the new Super Smash Bros. for Switch at E3 2018 ahead of time, the company announced.
\

Attendees will be able to either reserve a ticket to play against others “for fun,” or reserve a ticket to play against others “for glory” in a competitive elimination match.

Here is how the reservation system will work, via Nintendo:

• Anyone who registers for E3 2018 by May 31 will receive an email from E3 organizers on June 5 with details about how to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game (available while time slots last). Attendees should make sure to add [email protected] to their safe sender lists so the email doesn’t get lost in their junk folders.
  • Signing up to play the game ahead of time is mandatory. No on-site registration will be available.
  • Tickets will be in the form of QR Code patterns that can be stored on a smartphone or printed out.
  • For more details about ticketing, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-faq for continuing updates.
  • Reservations will not be taken for any other games at Nintendo’s booth, which will be available to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
Attendees who bring their Switch systems to the show and are spotted playing them may be selected by roaming members of the Nintendo team to receive an exclusive, collectible Switch pin (while supplies last).

E3 2018 runs from June 12 to 14 in Los Angeles.

source: Gematsu

Current rumors seem to be indicating that Smash Switch is not going to have any cuts, which will be amazing. And some popular names are being tossed around for additions.

I hope there’s no cuts. I’m still nervous if Mega Man is in it or not, so I hope that’s true. We’ll see...

I think with Mega Man 11 on the horizon with an amiibo that cutting Mega Man seems unlikely.

Yeah, that new MM11 amiibo looks awesome. :awesome:

The only way I can see there being little to no cuts is if they reuse the same assets from Smash 4. If the game is being reworked from the ground up then I'm fully expecting quite a few cuts and to have a smaller roster than Smash 4 at launch.

But even if they reuse assets, they aren't gonna do so for every single Smash game afterwards. If Nintendo were to still be making Smash games 20 years from now, the roster isn't gonna have 120+ characters. There will be a lot of characters that have come and gone over the years.

There is no way this is a new game from the bottom up if it is releasing this year. It likely is built from the Smash 4 engine, which means bringing back everyone from it won't be too much work, baring Sakurai's tendency to tweak.

Has it actually been confirmed that it's coming out this year? And if it does and it is being built on Smash 4's engine, it goes back to my other comment. They can't do that for every single possible Smash game afterwards. Let's say they keep making Smash games for the rest of our lives. Do people really expect Smash 9, probably about thirty years from now, to have 120+ playable characters? It's just not feasible and it's not healthy for the community, as the roster has become so large that entire sections of it will be completely ignored, the player who now feels so overwhelmed with so many options, they may never become a master of any character if they keep trying to try each one, or the game, which now has to incorporate elements (stages, trophies, music, etc.) for all of those characters. It becomes a mess. If the series truly goes on for many years and has many more installments, expect to see many characters come and go over the years with a core group of 20 or so characters that are staples for every game.

There's also development time. While it's easier to reuse elements from characters that already existed in the previous game, but it's still not a simple copy-and-paste. It still takes time to texture the models and balance the moves. If you're doing this for 50+ veterans the time still adds up, and will continue to the more you pile onto the roster. It's resources that could be spent making some fresh new game modes or amazing stages, making the game the best and most beautiful it can possibly be rather than cramming as many characters into the game as possible for the sake of having as many characters in the game as possible because some people can't stand the thought of losing characters they never touch anyway.

Yup. Smash and Pokemon in the fall.

Nintendo be rolling in the $$$

Pokemon Let's Go. It was announced last week.

I'm getting Pikachu.

I wonder what the roster will be like at E3. The build for the 2014 Invitational had 20, with a nice mix of classic and new comers.

Nintendo blowing their entire Smash Bros load right now....

Nintendo blowing their entire Smash Bros load right now....

There is still a lot to reveal. Along with new characters potentially. They did answer the biggest question, and now no one has to worry about their favs getting cut.

I'm lukewarm on bringing everyone back as there are so so so many redundant characters. I would have liked to see some exciting, new characters. Remember that Mega Man reveal and how mind blowing that was back in the Wii U days? I wanted something with that kinda impact.

Can’t watch any videos right now, but did they announce anyone new? And are the WiiU and 3DS stages returning?

Can’t watch any videos right now, but did they announce anyone new? And are the WiiU and 3DS stages returning?

Ridley and Daisy is a clone of Peach.

I am going to guess that a LOT of stages are returning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"