The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son scored, Shelley got sent off and Doer got an own goal. 3-2 final score.

First game today since you became the richest club in the world @Iceman I imagine Brucie will be getting the boot ASAP, and come January there'll be some big signings to help Saint-Maximin, the most exciting player you've had since the Asprilla and Ginola days?

I know Brentford got beat yesterday but they've been impressive so far in their first season in the PL, Ivan Toney has stepped up divisions with ease, he looks a real player.

Liverpool, City and Chelsea are going to leave everyone in the dust by the time we enter into 2022, we are 2 midfielders short at my beloved United but there's only one reason we are so poor right now......

Even though it's a parody, it annoys me how accurate I believe the majority of that to be..

To change the focus from Ole for a minute, because I feel like that topic is like beating a dead horse at the moment. I think most of us who are MU supporters are in agreement that we need a proper manager.

I'm curious what the rest of our coaching staff actually does though. Phelan has some credentials and he was here for some of the glory years next to SAF but I think it's fair to say that in the years after that his career didn't really go anywhere and it makes me wonder if he's the type of guy who is great next to a top tier manager but next to Ole he's not capable of lifting the team up in any way.

Carrick and Mckenna both have the same empty look of confusion on their faces every game it feels like. I honestly don't know much about Mckenna at all aside from him doing some decent job for our youth teams but Carrick was one of our best midfielders past the Scholes/Keane partnership and it just feels weird to me how someone like him can't get McTominay/Fred/Matic to at least play at a decent level. I know Matic is on the decline (and still probably our best DM option) but McTominay is a young and promising player, Fred was being chased by Man City when we got him and even though we bash on McFred a lot, I refuse to believe that you can't coach them to play better than they are.

If/When Ole gets replaced it honestly feels like they can rip out the entire coaching staff and we won't miss out on much.

To change the focus from Ole for a minute, because I feel like that topic is like beating a dead horse at the moment. I think most of us who are MU supporters are in agreement that we need a proper manager.

I'm curious what the rest of our coaching staff actually does though. Phelan has some credentials and he was here for some of the glory years next to SAF but I think it's fair to say that in the years after that his career didn't really go anywhere and it makes me wonder if he's the type of guy who is great next to a top tier manager but next to Ole he's not capable of lifting the team up in any way.

Carrick and Mckenna both have the same empty look of confusion on their faces every game it feels like. I honestly don't know much about Mckenna at all aside from him doing some decent job for our youth teams but Carrick was one of our best midfielders past the Scholes/Keane partnership and it just feels weird to me how someone like him can't get McTominay/Fred/Matic to at least play at a decent level. I know Matic is on the decline (and still probably our best DM option) but McTominay is a young and promising player, Fred was being chased by Man City when we got him and even though we bash on McFred a lot, I refuse to believe that you can't coach them to play better than they are.

If/When Ole gets replaced it honestly feels like they can rip out the entire coaching staff and we won't miss out on much.
Shouldn’t really be too much of an issue as many top managers will have their own preferred support staff they’ve been working with for years.

Hard to really speculate what goes on because the reality is fans never have any real insight as to what goes on at the training ground behind closed doors.

However I feel pretty confident in saying our coaching is to put it nicely, years behind the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool & Chelsea. The reason being Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel all brought at least 2-3 of their coaching team with them to their current jobs from previous roles bringing experience & knowledge from the likes of Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona & Bayern Munich.

Solskjaer has Carrick & McKenna on his team who are both fresh faced with next to no experience coaching at first team level until they got the roles. I believe Darren Fletcher is also now on the first team coaching staff also, again, with no previous experience at first team level. You combine that with Ole himself, who while he's obviously been a manager for 10+ years, it was at youth level in England & then Norway with Molde which is Championship level at best. It's an awful lot of inexperience as well as unfamiliarity with OGS as a manager himself.

If Mourinho, van Gaal or even Moyes was still at the helm I wouldn't consider it an issue because of the levels of experience all 3 have to effectively teach, manage & effectively coach the coaches helping them make the transition from youth level to first team level between them & they're own people. I'd be sceptical as to the level of knowledge, if any, those 3 in particular, are getting from OGS.

I'm only assuming because I don't think we look like a particularly well coached, drilled or organised team either offensively or defensively.

Arsenal Vs Palace kicking off. Arsenal can pretty much join the chasing pack if they win.

Hard to really speculate what goes on because the reality is fans never have any real insight as to what goes on at the training ground behind closed doors.

However I feel pretty confident in saying our coaching is to put it nicely, years behind the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool & Chelsea. The reason being Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel all brought at least 2-3 of their coaching team with them to their current jobs from previous roles bringing experience & knowledge from the likes of Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona & Bayern Munich.

Solskjaer has Carrick & McKenna on his team who are both fresh faced with next to no experience coaching at first team level until they got the roles. I believe Darren Fletcher is also now on the first team coaching staff also, again, with no previous experience at first team level. You combine that with Ole himself, who while he's obviously been a manager for 10+ years, it was at youth level in England & then Norway with Molde which is Championship level at best. It's an awful lot of inexperience as well as unfamiliarity with OGS as a manager himself.

If Mourinho, van Gaal or even Moyes was still at the helm I wouldn't consider it an issue because of the levels of experience all 3 have to effectively teach, manage & effectively coach the coaches helping them make the transition from youth level to first team level between them & they're own people. I'd be sceptical as to the level of knowledge, if any, those 3 in particular, are getting from OGS.

I'm only assuming because I don't think we look like a particularly well coached, drilled or organised team either offensively or defensively.
Ole also doesn't seem to be learning a whole lot on the job after years in charge. I can't see him developing organically into a great manager no matter how long he's there.

Aubameyang scored after 8 mins. This is Vieira's return to the club. he probably has an eye on the Arsenal job long term if he can prove himself.

Palace turn it around. 2-1 with not long to go!

Oh Lacazette gets a late injury time goal (95th min maybe). Finishes 2-2.

Premier League clubs impose temporary freeze on sponsorship deals linked to their owners

Basically, they voted this in to prevent Newcastle United's new owners from signing inflated sponsorship deals funded by their new owners to get around FFP limitations.

Odd that Manchester City chose not to vote against it.. almost like they knew they'd get publicly laughed at for being hypocrites.
Haha yep. This stuff needs to be regulated properly or FFP remains a total joke. Bad news for City :D

Man City take the lead against Bruges away. Could really do with the win here after losing to PSG.

Mahrez wins and coolly slots a penalty to make it 2-0.

Kyle Walker gets the third after finishing off a good move. 3-0.

19 year old Cole Palmer scores for City - very composed for a young player. 4-0! Guardiola's set up seems to be good for developing youngsters while fielding all these world greats.

Bruges get 1 back but Mahrez makes it 5-1.

Top run from Salah and a deflected goal at the end of it (actually looks like Milner got the last touch) to put Liverpool 1-0 up away to Athletico (Suarez not starting).

Now a great strike from Keita to make it 2-0! Liverpool dominating the early stages against Athletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"