The SHHFFL VII Season...

Feels great to be in the playoffs. :woot: 5th seed.

Sooo...consolation huh? I thought that was just for like the top 6 teams that didn't make playoffs?

So close, but not close enough for me. I needed Methos and Zaxby to win for me to make the playoffs. Oh well, it was a heck of a first season for me. I had a lot of fun and I hope to get invited back next year. Good luck to those in the playoffs. :up:

So close, but not close enough for me. I needed Methos and Zaxby to win for me to make the playoffs. Oh well, it was a heck of a first season for me. I had a lot of fun and I hope to get invited back next year. Good luck to those in the playoffs. :up:

What team were you? One of the 8-6 teams that didn't make it, right? And yeah, win or lose fantasy football has always been fun.

Gotham Knights. Yeah I have been doing this for about 8 years now. Always fun. This is the first time I have ever had the 20th pick and I am happy with getting as close as I did.

Gotham Knights. Yeah I have been doing this for about 8 years now. Always fun. This is the first time I have ever had the 20th pick and I am happy with getting as close as I did.

8-6 record while 20th pick in the draft? Lucky...

I've been playing Fantasy football off and on for years. After a few years off from it, I've played the last 3 seasons in this league. 6-8, 7-7, and finally playoffs with 8-6. I'm consistent.

1. Zaxby's Big Meal
2. Vulcan Salutes
3. Zak's Zombies
4. The Butterflies
5. Methos
6. Mindless Minions
7. New York Spiders
8. Dickie Simpkins

Congrats to the above teams in making the playoffs... may the best team win.

:yay:

I fought my way up to 8th!

...temporarily. :(

1. Zaxby's Big Meal
2. Vulcan Salutes
3. Zak's Zombies
4. The Butterflies
5. Methos
6. Mindless Minions
7. New York Spiders
8. Dickie Simpkins

Congrats to the above teams in making the playoffs... may the best team win.

Curious...but how many of these teams made playoffs last year?

I wish they were doing a consolation bracket.

I love the Vulcan Salutes. Best single draft in the league this year having so much success with no team management.

I also predict I will lose next week. I win the top seed only to be rewarded with Kurt Warner against Detroit's defense. FML.

In most leagues I've been in, it's almost not worth being a top seed. Usually a high-middle seed ends up taking it.

I'm not sure about this league, but I've seen teams get the top seed because their players are so great during the season. Unfortunately, the teams their players are on are so good they tend to make the playoffs early, and therefore don't get as much playtime during the fantasy playoffs in the last few weeks (being saved for the NFL playoffs). While those with lower seeds tend to have players still fighting for a playoff birth, and therefore putting more playtime and effort into their games.

Well, the Vulcan Salutes were managed by Thor Odinson, and he was on the first come/first served list when a few returnees, never bothered, so he won't be back next year...

3 more to kick out...

Well, the Vulcan Salutes were managed by Thor Odinson, and he was on the first come/first served list when a few returnees, never bothered, so he won't be back next year...

3 more to kick out...

:up:

So, is the plan to stick with 20 next year?

Noo, lets go to 16. With a 20 man league, if you have a bad draft there is really nothing you can do to bounce back. You can trade, but that takes two. The free agency system becomes useless in a 20 man league.

Eh, I don't think it'd make much difference. But I'm not against it, as long as I'm in the league. :shrug:

Noo, lets go to 16. With a 20 man league, if you have a bad draft there is really nothing you can do to bounce back. You can trade, but that takes two. The free agency system becomes useless in a 20 man league.

20 team leagues are more competitive or something.

But...add a consolation bracket to Matt's idea and then Wam and some Bam, we have a winner.

20 team leagues are more competitive or something.

No it's not. How compettitive is it for the team that could only get one QB or one kicker? What if a team that did very little to nothing wins the whole thing? How is that competitive? Matt is right, it should go to 16 teams next year. You could easily eliminate the teams that did nothing this year and get there. That's up to TMOB though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"