The SHHFFL VII Season...

Dropping 4 teams would free up 64 players under the current format.

No it's not. How compettitive is it for the team that could only get one QB or one kicker? What if a team that did very little to nothing wins the whole thing? How is that competitive? Matt is right, it should go to 16 teams next year. You could easily eliminate the teams that did nothing this year and get there. That's up to TMOB though.

Exactly. The whoe 20 team league is more competitive is a myth. More difficult perhaps, but that is simply because there are less available players, but that hardly makes it more competitive. 20 teams simply makes it unfair to players with 1 QB or 1 kicker. What happens if a team has 1 QB and they get injured and can't afford to trade anyone? Free agency is non-exisitent in a 20 man league. Competitive would be having to upgrade your roster each week, look at the free agent market and make appropriate drops and adds to make sure your team is the best they can be. That is competition. What we have now is luck.

I understand the desire to keep 20 teams because of history, and to not leave anyone out. But I had to be far more active in my 10 and 12 team leagues. Here, I just needed to make sure I used my bench players during bye weeks. I only made 8 transactions in this league, 4 the first month, 4 the last. And 2 of those were only made because my players went NA and I needed to fill up my roster with a body. Most of the time, there was just no one to pick up.

Noo, lets go to 16. With a 20 man league, if you have a bad draft there is really nothing you can do to bounce back. You can trade, but that takes two. The free agency system becomes useless in a 20 man league.

Exactly. The whoe 20 team league is more competitive is a myth. More difficult perhaps, but that is simply because there are less available players, but that hardly makes it more competitive. 20 teams simply makes it unfair to players with 1 QB or 1 kicker. What happens if a team has 1 QB and they get injured and can't afford to trade anyone? Free agency is non-exisitent in a 20 man league. Competitive would be having to upgrade your roster each week, look at the free agent market and make appropriate drops and adds to make sure your team is the best they can be. That is competition. What we have now is luck.

This has been, by far, the best league I have been apart of and I think the 20 team number is the reason for it.

The Free Agency system is far from worthless, even with 20 teams. I picked up Johnny Knox in the Free Agency, as well as Brandon Pettigrew. All of them were big time contributors for me during the league. Glenn Coffee was a great pick up early in the season when Gore went out. I was able to pick up Denver's defense, which turned into a good trade item.

Now it is a lot more difficult, finding gems is a lot more difficult - but also more rewarding. I made 32 transactions this year.

A 20 man league does a much better job replicating the game of football than a 16 man league. I have loved that aspect of this season.

The only problem I see with eliminating 4 teams is the simple fact that other than Vulcan's Salutes, who won't be invited back, the other 19 teams have been consistant players the previous 6 seasons...

:csad:

Obviously the top three should be left out to give the others a chance. :p

Were The Strangers an actively managed team? No transactions, Bobby Engram is still on the roster, etc.

Seniority followed by success?

20 man league me thinks. More people, more fun. But, there will be disadvantages, like less players than other teams but that's how the cookie crumbles. I snagged Kyle Orton in Free Agency last year during the season, traded him to Matt, and Matt ended up winnign the league. so Who knows. To win a 20 man league requires football knowledge, some luck. I say 20 Man League :up:

In most leagues I've been in, it's almost not worth being a top seed. Usually a high-middle seed ends up taking it.

I'm not sure about this league, but I've seen teams get the top seed because their players are so great during the season. Unfortunately, the teams their players are on are so good they tend to make the playoffs early, and therefore don't get as much playtime during the fantasy playoffs in the last few weeks (being saved for the NFL playoffs). While those with lower seeds tend to have players still fighting for a playoff birth, and therefore putting more playtime and effort into their games.

With this league, those who draft in the first or last 5 spots tend to gain the advantage.

Noo, lets go to 16. With a 20 man league, if you have a bad draft there is really nothing you can do to bounce back. You can trade, but that takes two. The free agency system becomes useless in a 20 man league.

I'm with Matt... 16-team league.

If Daisy came out of Hype retirement just to endorse the 16 man league, it must be the best option :up:

Not to mention that you and I agree on it... clearly there is no other option. ;)

Man, I just looked at my record and realized that I finished 7-7, but I beat most of the playoff teams and lost 2 games to the bottom feeders....

Arrgh!!!!! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

:csad:

Detroit's defense stepped up and kept Kurt from slaying my championship aspirations.

Next week it is time for Cedric Benson and Steve Breaston to out perform Larry Fitzgerald.

Looking at these scores...Vulcan Salutes better not win the damn thing.

My team did jack **** today. I had a lot of fun this year. First time I made the playoffs.

I'm going to painstakingly go over whose done what in recent years and what they've brought to the table...

Vulcan Salute's by Thorodinson is a no-brainer and will be gone next season...

The other teams have a minimum of 3 years in the league, which brings some stability and history... next year, I might edit the schedule to create "rivalry" game between certain teams... those that wish to play a certain team every year, please feel free to let me know who wants to consistantly play who, and we'll work it out... maybe recreate certain SHHFFL Championship games with the teams the competed in the Finals... who knows...

In any event, I have already received PM's and emails from certain teams that want to stay in the league, and that will be respected... so I guess I'm going to ask if anyone has minimal interest in playing, just let me know... it'll make my final decisions easier next season.

Good luck to the remaining playoff teams...

Mike

:yay:

It honestly doesn't matter to me if I come back or not. Just remember, though, that if I'm not around, who's going to be the perennial bottom-feeder? :csad:

Jonathan Stewart on the bench, no one in double digits besides Brees, the Minions are done. :(

I'm going to painstakingly go over whose done what in recent years and what they've brought to the table...

The other teams have a minimum of 3 years in the league, which brings some stability and history... next year, I might edit the schedule to create "rivalry" game between certain teams... those that wish to play a certain team every year, please feel free to let me know who wants to consistantly play who, and we'll work it out... maybe recreate certain SHHFFL Championship games with the teams the competed in the Finals... who knows...

In any event, I have already received PM's and emails from certain teams that want to stay in the league, and that will be respected... so I guess I'm going to ask if anyone has minimal interest in playing, just let me know... it'll make my final decisions easier next season.

Mike

Rivalry games would be awesome. I'd love to have NYS. He's way too cocky since he made play-offs this year and the defending champs didn't. :cmad: :heart:

Mike

I want the opportunity to build a dynasty. I already got my sleeveless hoodie ready.

Rivalry games would be awesome. I'd love to have NYS. He's way too cocky since he made play-offs this year and the defending champs didn't. :cmad: :heart:

We'll have to find out who the best Spider team is, right? :oldrazz:

I'm all for rivalry games. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"