The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Always wanted to visit NYC someday...its always on my bucket list 😃 i always see NYC as the most exotic city in the world haha😃 (also visiting Midtown Comics and Marvel HQ are one of my dreams hehe)
i have been to the west coast (SF) during my last trip to the US but never been to east coast...its weird since most of my fav NBA teams (philly, boston, NY, miami) are all from east coast, haha

(btw thrilled for the Knicks' dramatic win yesterday😁)

My friend you have taste LOL.

Anytime you get the opportunity, come through we would love to have you. Japan is also on my bucket list, I want to go to Tokyo so bad. Your country has style and gave us tokusatsu, I gotta experience it!

I really miss the cheesy made for tv movies with on-the-nose titles starring television actors. It reminds me of a line from a sitcom from the 90’s (can’t remember which one) that stuck with me where a mom whose son had just come out tells him that she understood the challenges with prejudice that the gay community faces because she had watched a made for tv movie called “No Son of Mine” starring Jason Preistley and Fred Dwyer.

They don’t make cheesy telemovies like they used to man. The casts would be so random too, you’d have a sitcom star in their first serious role, an actor from a soap and a washed up movie star all in the same movie.

They don’t make cheesy telemovies like they used to man. The casts would be so random too, you’d have a sitcom star in their first serious role, an actor from a soap and a washed up movie star all in the same movie.
Tell me about it. And the plots all revolve around stomach churning events that are horribly dramatized.

Case in point: who can forget the early 90’s movie Do You Know the Muffin Man, which starred Mindy from Mork and Mindy, Lex Luthor from Lois and Clark, little Andy from Family Ties and some dude who was on a daytime soap opera. It was an hugely disturbing film about a married couple who find out that one of the caregivers at their little boy’s daycare was molesting the children. Really disturbing stuff. But how serious can you take it when Mindy and Lex are the leads and you call the film Do You Know the Muffin Man???

It also had a teenage Stephen Dorff in it.

I thought Captain America sounded familiar. Josh Keaton!

It's crazy to me that an animated series can have such great writing. Seriously, why hasn't Marvel/Disney been putting out quality shows like this before if they always had the right ingredients in front of them?

X-Men 97 is leaps and bounds above any of the other Disney Plus stuff IMO. Hopefully, it continues that way in the upcoming weeks, but I have no reason to doubt them right now.

It's crazy to me that an animated series can have such great writing. Seriously, why hasn't Marvel/Disney been putting out quality shows like this before if they always had the right ingredients in front of them?

X-Men 97 is leaps and bounds above any of the other Disney Plus stuff IMO. Hopefully, it continues that way in the upcoming weeks, but I have no reason to doubt them right now.
This is just my speculation but I honestly think this show was so under the radar for everyone working at Marvel and Disney that they probably were left alone and got full carte blanche on what to do. It's why I think the first Spider-Verse movie was so good.

This show is not tied to the MCU, so they're not restriced on their story or characters. Not to mention it's an animated revival sequel to a 30 year old show that tbh as much as I love, doesn't really age well. I was looking forward to the show but was anyone thinking this show would be this good? I thought this would be a fun romp but nothing groundbreaking. Turn out this is the show my 5 year old brain thought I was watching way back when lol.

This show is not tied to the MCU, so they're not restriced on their story or characters. Not to mention it's an animated revival sequel to a 30 year old show that tbh as much as I love, doesn't really age well. I was looking forward to the show but was anyone thinking this show would be this good? I thought this would be a fun romp but nothing groundbreaking. Turn out this is the show my 5 year old brain thought I was watching way back when lol.

This was exactly my thoughts, this show is what the rose-tinted glasses of time make me think the old show was

They announced The Flash show from the 90's will be released on Blu-ray in June, has anyone ever seen this and is it any good?

I haven't seen all of it (and from what I have seen it's been years) but it's alright. It's a show definitely of its time and while it had a larger than normal budget, it's still a TV budget. But I will say it sorta has Batman 89 vibes going for it. You can tell they were inspired by that movie when making this show. And the Mark Hammil Trickster episodes are fun to watch. So if you know that you're gonna get a bit of a campy show going in and don't mind dated effects or writing, I'd say go for it.

Last edited:

A lot of animated series have had great writing. I mean, Bad Batch is airing right now too.

A lot of animated series have had great writing. I mean, Bad Batch is airing right now too.
The dead traffic in the Star Wars thread tells me otherwise. :o

I haven't seen all of it (and from what I have seen it's been years) but it's alright. It's a show definitely of its time and while it had a larger than normal budget, it's still a TV budget. But I will say it has sorta of Batman 89 vibes going for it. Like you can tell they were inspired by that movie. And the Mark Hammil Trickster episodes are fun to watch. So if you know that you're gonna get a bit of a campy show going in and don't mind dated effects or writing, I'd say go for it.
Thanks, I am a big fan of the character and of Batman 89 so now I'm pumped to watch it. And it can't be worse than the film haha.

The dead traffic in the Star Wars thread tells me otherwise. :o
People were all over Bad Batch when the season started
But then the second X-Men came out everyone seemed to forget about it
I watch em back to back and get a very nice lil Wednesday night Animation Block

Wish I had the patience to watch them Saturday Morning lol

The Flash show was actually pretty good. By 90s standards, obviously. Many things are dated like if you try watching Hercules today or something, but it's a solid 90s show.
Probably the only superhero that works for a television show. Super speed isn't as difficult as say a Superman or Supergirl have to deal with. Though the less we talk about the time The Flash used Lightning Sabers, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"