The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I've never seen the LOTR trilogy on the big screen, so I'll definitely catch this re-release if it's an international thing. Even better since it's the extended editions.
I wonder if they'll edit Saruman's demise back in.

I had no clue there was a new film coming out this year.

Apparently it's been ten years since the Star Wars EU was ended.

I read them as a kid but eventually I couldn't keep up with all of the content. I was a poor kid and it was becoming expensive to keep up with the novels, and for that reason I didn't get into the video games and comic books.

Disney did the right thing setting up a new continuity where they picked and chose what to keep from the old continuity, as DC and Marvel often do.

They just messed up the implementation, which I'm sure DC and Marvel have done as well.

The Accolyte looks fun, but if I'm Iger, I fire everybody, put the franchise on hold for three years, and then bring in a real talent to build it back up again after a good rest.

Last edited:
LOTR-TWOTR-TT-copy.jpg

That was my thing too. With their access to Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, I need the MCU to make NYC and their neighborhoods feel more like characters. Like you said, they started on that path with Homecoming and with Queens, but then it just deviated. That's what always made Marvel cool to me, their heroes were my fellow New Yorkers.

We need more web swinging through the city, more Hell's Kitchen and God PLEASE the Four Freedoms Plaza somewhere in the skyline soon.
I do like when any piece of fiction does a good job of using it's setting. And to me New York will always be that place where Spidey lives.

But I also think they name-dropped Hell's Kitchen way too much in Daredevil. I get that it's traditionally Matt Murdoch's neighbourhood but the way it was referenced in the show felt silly. Kingpin talked about wanting to take over Hell's Kitchen like it was a sixth borough of NYC.

We really need to make a list on **** that didn't age well from the comics because X-Men what the **** were they thinking.

Apparently it's been ten years since the Star Wars EU was ended.

I read them as a kid but eventually I couldn't keep up with all of the content. I was a poor kid and it was becoming expensive to keep up with the novels, and for that reason I didn't get into the video games and comic books.

Disney did the right thing setting up a new continuity where they picked and chose what to keep from the old continuity, as DC and Marvel often do.

They just messed up the implementation, which I'm sure DC and Marvel have done as well.

The Accolyte looks fun, but if I'm Iger, I fire everybody, put the franchise on hold for three years, and then bring in a real talent to build it back up again after a good rest.

I didn't like a lot of the directions that the original Star Wars EU took. I remember being really pissed that they killed off Chewie to the point that I basically gave up on any post-Return of the Jedi EU. Little did I know that years later they'd hit a reset button and Chewie would survive in the new continuity but with the tradeoff being that the other main OT heroes wouldn't be quite so lucky. :o

The most unrealistic part about Endgame is that five years after the Snap, Americans are still thinking about it and mourning it. In reality, they would be acting like nothing ever happened. Seriously. So many people here act like the pandemic wasn’t even a thing.

The most unrealistic part about Endgame is that five years after the Snap, Americans are still thinking about it and mourning it. In reality, they would be acting like nothing ever happened. Seriously. So many people here act like the pandemic wasn’t even a thing.
I disagree, I think that the MCU movies glossed over / skipped over the impact of the snap.

People acted like it wasn't a thing even during the pandemic.

Would love to see Snap Truthers creating conspiracies surrounding it or calling a false flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"