The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

The first couple episodes with Rogue, I agree, she sounded noticeably older
But episodes 5 and 7 I actually thought she sounded like she used to... but maybe I just acclimated to it

Cal Dodd sounds ok sometimes, but a bit off others... but I give him points because I still hear his voice whenever I see Wolverine

The one who still sounds spot on imo, is Beast... Maybe because he had an older voice to begin with, but I hear no difference there

Cal Dodd sounded like his old self this recent episode, but hey, we're getting Wolverine in doses so I'm not complaining.

I hope next season they give Beast more to do, he's still good.

I just had a flashback,

A long, long time ago, in a close, really close galaxy,

Anna Paquin was wasted on Rogue.

All of the “X-Men TAS original voice cast members in X-Men ‘97” naysayers are wildin’. They sound fine. Yes, noticeably older, but still fine.

Allison Sealy-Smith still slays as Storm. Lenore Zann as Rogue I was a little iffy on it first, but she has completely won me over after episodes 5 and 7. Cal Dodd sounding noticeably older as Wolverine, oddly enough, actually works for me because the character himself is supposed to be super old. lol

George Buza as Beast is the one that really shocked me, as he surprisingly hasn’t aged a day and sounds exactly the same as he did in the original series, and he was always one of my favorites. He still talks with that same soft spoken, friendly, erudite tone in his voice. So, I automatically love him. :funny:

Chris Britton still sounds great as Mr. Sinister too! Same with Adrian Hough’s Nightcrawler!

I also think the returning voice cast still sounds pretty good, for the most part Same with the new voice actors for Jubilee, Gambit, Magneto, Cyclops, Bishop.

I also like how they even got Catherine Disher, Alyson Court, Laurence Bayne, and Chris Potter voice other characters. Was bummed out that Potter wasn’t voicing Gambit originally, but he’s great as Cable so far!

I also don't like Wolverine and Jean and found the whole love triangle gross.
I've always felt that the love triangle distracts too much from the clash of personalities between Scott and Logan. Their rivalry should be about an uptight control-freak and a hot-headed rebel reluctantly learning to work together. Not about two guys competing about who gets a girl.

I just had a flashback,

A long, long time ago, in a close, really close galaxy,

Anna Paquin was wasted on Rogue.
Not unless X-Fans have their way and have her kill Carol so she can have her powers. :o

Everything else. Psylocke's body swap, Rogue/Magneto, Logan/Jean, and Xavier/Jean thankfully need to stay in the comics.
The body swap is a pointless thing to ever try to recreate, can't change the past comics but let it die there. And I'm absolutely sick of love triangles in all media, was sick of it even when I first read it in X-Men as a kid. :D :csad: The Xavier Jean thing was super weird back then, and is many times worse now!

George Buza as Beast is the one that really shocked me, as he surprisingly hasn’t aged a day and sounds exactly the same as he did in the original series, and he was always one of my favorites. He still talks with that same soft spoken, friendly, erudite tone in his voice. So, I automatically love him. :funny:
Dude sounds perfect. I want as much TAS Beast as possible. I hope he has a major part to play over the upcoming seasons.

Bringing back the same voice actors for most characters was a huge mistake imo. It was bad then and it’s bad now. Maybe even worse because we’ve got old folks trying to sound younger than they clearly are.

At a certain point, you have to let go of Conroy, Hamill, Cullen, and Welker.

Did that happen in the comics?
Why would they want that?

Man, have you not seen any of the debates over the Rogue stealing MCU Carol's powers on this site. Where its mainly versus Rogue fans.

If they did the Rogue steals Carol's powers thing in the MCU, it would play out differently. We wouldn't get a 1 for 1 she is in a coma thing. Probably would just happen as part of a AvX thing where Rogue would maybe do it and Carol would have no powers for an action setpiece or as a power up in Secret Wars or something

Man, have you not seen any of the debates over the Rogue stealing MCU Carol's powers on this site. Where its mainly versus Rogue fans.
No?

Leaving aside my Paquin joke, a few episodes of XMEN TAS reminded me that Rogue is an interesting character, which never came off in Singer's version.

Though I quite like what they did with Carol in the MCU, though for different reasons than most others. Regardless, she's great.

She wasn't killed in the comics, just went into a coma. And there's a subset of fans that want Rogue to kill Carol...mostly cause they don't like Brie Larson. Which is dumb.
She's hates hetero white men she deserves it. :o

That spoiler warning at the top of the site keeps making me think there's a new MCU movie coming out around now since that's just where my mind goes whenever spoiler tags are really enforced. It's still weird that the summer movie season isn't kicking off with a Marvel movie for the first time in well over a decade, not counting 2020 or 2021 since that was still during pandemic times.

That spoiler warning at the top of the site keeps making me think there's a new MCU movie coming out around now since that's just where my mind goes whenever spoiler tags are really enforced. It's still weird that the summer movie season isn't kicking off with a Marvel movie for the first time in well over a decade, not counting 2020 or 2021 since that was still during pandemic times.
I cannot speak for how they get enforced everywhere on the site, but I will say I am maybe the last mod you want catching that type of slip. I am very reasonable on most issues, but tagged spoilers warrants essentially no excuses or empathy from me. Just this week I already dished out 3 points for it.

I cannot speak for how they get enforced everywhere on the site, but I will say I am maybe the last mod you want catching that type of slip. I am very reasonable on most issues, but tagged spoilers warrants essentially no excuses or empathy from me. Just this week I already dished out 3 points for it.
What's the main focus this time around, X-Men 97?

All I’m saying is, when Deadpool & Wolverine drops, I’m deleting all social media until my viewing. It’s going to be a mess in July, I can already sense it. :argh:

If they did the Rogue steals Carol's powers thing in the MCU, it would play out differently. We wouldn't get a 1 for 1 she is in a coma thing. Probably would just happen as part of a AvX thing where Rogue would maybe do it and Carol would have no powers for an action setpiece or as a power up in Secret Wars or something

Exactly.

Look, I love Carol/Brie and I love Rogue, I want to see the confrontation in live action and I want to see MCU Rogue fly around, putting Sentinels in wrestling moves and calling folks ‘sugah’, but that doesn’t mean Carol has to be in a coma for that to happen.

If Disney does do it, I’m sure they’ll find a way that’s beneficial to both characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    paulsantiagoolg
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"