The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

The thirst for that spandex was real.

So I just got past the Phoenix Saga in the beginning of S3 of X-Men: TAS and I swear I can barely watch them with a straight face now after the "I'm the Juggernaut *****" videos. :o
Yay Jean becomes useful.

Audiences weren't ready for comic accurate suits back then. Keaton's Batman, Blade and The Matrix conditioned us to thinking that black leather outfits were the norm.
At that time CBMs were a big risk so I don’t blame them for being cautious. No reason not to go all out now though!

At that time CBMs were a big risk so I don’t blame them for being cautious. No reason not to go all out now though!
Tell that to Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman fans. :o

Audiences weren't ready for comic accurate suits back then. Keaton's Batman, Blade and The Matrix conditioned us to thinking that black leather outfits were the norm.

Dude ever since 6th grade, we would all talk about wanting to see the X-Men in their costumes like TAS, Fox was just damn cowards.

Dude ever since 6th grade, we would all talk about wanting to see the X-Men in their costumes like TAS, Fox was just damn cowards.
Even back then I couldn't picture those same first couple of X-Men movies with them wearing comic-accurate suits. Maybe we would have gotten something if Batman and Robin hadn't crashed and burned the way it did so studios were afraid to go bright and colorful with superhero movies, at least until Spider-Man. It was just a different time. It wasn't until the end of Phase 1 of the MCU where I thought that we were fully ready for these movies to start looking exactly like the comics. Everyone had to be weaned in.

Feels weird that the first weekend in May is coming up and we don't have a big CBM opening. I don't even expect an MCU release - hell I'd take El Muerto at this point :oldrazz:

It looks like it's up to The Fall Guy to kick off the summer movie season on the right foot. Forbes is predicting an opening as high as $40 million while other trades are forecasting as low as $20 million...

Ken is still riding the Barbie wave so I'm expecting numbers on the higher end of that range. Whatever happens it's gonna be a much more muted start to the summer season this year...

barbie-ryan-gosling.gif

Feels weird that the first weekend in May is coming up and we don't have a big CBM opening. I don't even expect an MCU release - hell I'd take El Muerto at this point :oldrazz:

It looks like it's up to The Fall Guy to kick off the summer movie season on the right foot. Forbes is predicting an opening as high as $40 million while other trades are forecasting as low as $20 million...

Ken is still riding the Barbie wave so I'm expecting numbers on the higher end of that range. Whatever happens it's gonna be a much more muted start to the summer season this year...

View attachment 88912
No one needs El Muerto, that's just crazy talk. :o

The Fall Guy could be a sleeper hit if it's as good as the reviews make it to be. Overall it seems like a quieter summer than usual this year thanks to the strikes but there is some stuff worth getting excited about between The Fall Guy, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa, Inside Out 2 and Deadpool & Wolverine. I'll also probably check out A Quiet Place: Day One and Alien: Romulus unless the reviews are particularly bad.

No one needs El Muerto, that's just crazy talk. :o

The Fall Guy could be a sleeper hit if it's as good as the reviews make it to be. Overall it seems like a quieter summer than usual this year thanks to the strikes but there is some stuff worth getting excited about between The Fall Guy, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa, Inside Out 2 and Deadpool & Wolverine. I'll also probably check out A Quiet Place: Day One and Alien: Romulus unless the reviews are particularly bad.
This is ideal and healthy too. It's awesome that The Fall Guy is opening up the summer movie scene. Should be a good summer of hits that aren't cannibalizing one another because they're all after different and smaller audiences with realistic expectations for success that isn't "has to hit a billion to be successful".

At the risk of blaspheming in here, I’m quite grateful for the break in CBM’s we’re getting this year. I have less than zero interest Deadpool and Joker so there’s really nothing for me this year and I’m glad for it. Will make Supes feel even more welcome when it hits next year. :D

This is ideal and healthy too. It's awesome that The Fall Guy is opening up the summer movie scene. Should be a good summer of hits that aren't cannibalizing one another because they're all after different and smaller audiences with realistic expectations for success that isn't "has to hit a billion to be successful".
I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say that the only summer release that will hit $1B is Despicable Me 4, because even after almost a decade and a half people still can't get enough of those goddamn Minions.

I am grateful for the break, assuming it makes the other projects coming up better. If they end up coming out meh quality anyway, may as well have dumped them now and got it over with. In the end, I want good movies

I think they could've easily pulled off something between the Comic accurate suits and the Black Leather nonsense we got

Muted Brown with Gold accents for Logan, Dark Blue for Scott, Ororo's was close enough so no change needed there except to add a tiara, maybe a foresty green for Jean

They could've pulled it off without it being cartoony, they just lacked the creativity

I think they could've easily pulled off something between the Comic accurate suits and the Black Leather nonsense we got

Muted Brown with Gold accents for Logan, Dark Blue for Scott, Ororo's was close enough so no change needed there except to add a tiara, maybe a foresty green for Jean

They could've pulled it off without it being cartoony, they just lacked the creativity

Agreed.

If we got a big budget version of MMPR with this:
IMG_0035.gif
We could’ve easily had the same Fox studio give us comic accurate X-Men, if they cared.

Bad timing with that joke..A bunch of FOX-MEN are about to save the MCU...thats what you call irony
One (or two if you count Deadpool) FoX-Man, and he's wearing yellow "spandex" to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"