• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.... WHAT???:wow:

Yeah HunterRider posted it in the News thread. There's two attack helicopter designed like the Tumbler and a C-130, and an all black private plane I believe. :cool:

Couldn't say for sure but seeing as it was a high pressure pump van (second one back) I automatically assumed rain. Of course it could just be a H&S necessity but I would err on the side of rain as opposed to safety!

Ah, cool.

Makes me wonder if the rain in that set video the other day natural or artificial then.

It was artificial. Remember the guys testing the hose before they started filming?

Yeah HunterRider posted it in the News thread. There's two attack helicopter designed like the Tumbler and a C-130, and an all black private plane I believe. :cool:

Wow.... hope someone gets photos real quick.....

Maybe the garden party get's rained on, and it gets cut short. So everyone leaves and Bruce and Selina have some alone time together.

Ah, cool.

Makes me wonder if the rain in that set video the other day natural or artificial then.

We did get a **** load of rain the day that clip came out IIRC.... so it's possible the rain was real

Great job on the pics man! Amazing how much better these are than the India pics from those dudes at the fb page and amazing how cool he was about just posting them without feeling the need to **** all over us.. Thanks man! Also, that was interesting you were trying to zoom in on the gravestone and got yelled at lol..Im not sure I wanna know what the stone says anyhow..

Ah, cool.

It was artifical.....it didn't rain here that day at the time they were filming! Trust me, I was out in the garden. That said if I remember you can also see a guy "hosing" the wall to make it look wetter! We've had a mini heat wave at the start of this week in Nottingham :awesome:

It was artificial. Remember the guys testing the hose before they started filming?

Ah no, I was busy those couple days so I didnt pay very close attention, all I noticed was Bale/Anne. I remember that it was raining and they thought about delaying the shoot so I thought they might have just incorporated it.

Great job on the pics man! Amazing how much better these are than the India pics from those dudes at the fb page and amazing how cool he was about just posting them without feeling the need to **** all over us.. Thanks man! Also, that was interesting you were trying to zoom in on the gravestone and got yelled at lol..Im not sure I wanna know what the stone says anyhow..

I read it, I googled it and the reason I've abstained from posting pictures (even on my own personal FB was because I felt I didn't want to spoil anything). That said it's interesting nobody has posted a close up of the gravestone, I believe that is purposeful in itself but what was there I'm not sure would be the final production piece perhaps as the public still had access to the site, maybe a Nolan trick in case someone got a snap and it's something different for filming..........perhaps.

It was artifical.....it didn't rain here that day at the time they were filming! Trust me, I was out in the garden. That said if I remember you can also see a guy "hosing" the wall to make it look wetter! We've had a mini heat wave at the start of this week in Nottingham :awesome:

it could be that they started filming in the real rain and had to finish up with artificial rain to keep continuity. since they're behind schedule (according to Gil) Nolan may have decided to use the rain since it didn't really affect the scene and not lose a day of shooting.

Truth :up:

Very cool, I wonder if they intended on filming "dry" but the weather made them alter their plans so they brought in water pumps.
Again, thanks alot for the pics/info :up:

I read it, I googled it and the reason I've abstained from posting pictures (even on my own personal FB was because I felt I didn't want to spoil anything). That said it's interesting nobody has posted a close up of the gravestone, I believe that is purposeful in itself but what was there I'm not sure would be the final production piece perhaps as the public still had access to the site, maybe a Nolan trick in case someone got a snap and it's something different for filming..........perhaps.

well you could private message me. I can keep a secret :)

If there really is a grave scene, and someone in the movie dies, they will place the stone their during filming, and take it away after that. Nolan wouldn't leave it out there for all to see.

Since the word is greek and I'm from Greece, yeah, I do.
That doesn't mean ****... "paradise" is a Persian word, but in Persian it's just a beautiful garden... "Hyperbole" is a literary exaggerated, extravagant statement - often due to a redundancy of words. You cannot use it in that sense.

TDKR might not be awesome. Same with BB. They can both be considered bland titles. But Batman Continues is just plain ridiculous. I'd get your point if we were talking about the other rumoured title for TDK, "Batman Escalation". But Continues is a joke.
In retrospect (and I hated Escalation back then) but Escalation would have made sense... Returns, Forever, Begins, Rises and Continues are all ridiculous. The only reason you're more comfortable with Begins, Returns and Forever is because you've become more comfortable with it. At least using "Returns" in Superman made sense... he was actually gone from the Planet for a while.

I remember The Caped Crusader and Shadow of the Bat being used a lot
Shadow of the Bat would also have been awesome.

If there really is a grave scene, and someone in the movie dies, they will place the stone their during filming, and take it away after that. Nolan wouldn't leave it out there for all to see.

Totally agree which is why I was sceptical when trying to read the main stone against the tree. Security were very on the ball when I was there but polite and nice about it. At least I managed to get something :-)

Who could die that would be burried on Wayne Manor property? I highly doubt Rachel or Dent. Alfred maybe? Bruce?

Or it could just be a Wayne visit's his parents and nothing more. So much to speculate and over a year to do it!!!! :cmad::eek:

Who could die that would be burried on Wayne Manor property? I highly doubt Rachel or Dent. Alfred maybe? Bruce?

Bruce could have put a memorial stone there for Rachael, they were basically family. Alfred and Bruce are probably the only other two that could be buried there. But I'm not betting on either of them dying, not yet at least, there just isn't enough to tell. As of now, it's either Bruce visiting his parent's grave or its there just for continuity. I'm hoping its the first one, Nolan would do that see so well. :woot:

I knwo we are all spoiler hounds here but thats one piece of info Id like revealed to me in the theatre july of next year haha..Yeah I doubt Nolan would leave a stone just chilling on a tree where anyone can see it if it reveals a huge spoiler..Thats still really cool you got to read it must have been a great experience. Im jealous.

My bet is Rachel but if it isn't then I don't think I wanna know

I knwo we are all spoiler hounds here but thats one piece of info Id like revealed to me in the theatre july of next year haha..Yeah I doubt Nolan would leave a stone just chilling on a tree where anyone can see it if it reveals a huge spoiler..Thats still really cool you got to read it must have been a great experience. Im jealous.

Agreed 100%. If someone dies, I don't want to know. There are two things that could make me leave the internet until July 2012: a death in the film being leaked or the script being leaked. I don't want the entire movie spoiled. I hope neither of those ever happen, I like this place to much :woot:

Agreed I want to see that sort of thing in the actual film. Even if I had managed to get a close up I would have only had it for a personal keepsake. There's some things I think should remain a surprise.

I'd agree it isn't Nolan's style to give too much away which is why I also take what was there whilst it was open with perhaps a pinch of salt. Misinformation is the key to keeping interest anyway!

I want to know tidbits but not too much, I want to still be blown away when we see this epic in the cinema!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"