Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

He wanted to be king of Asgard. Or maybe he realized, that only women could be Valkyries, or Dora Milaje, or Amazons…

The rumors are that we’re getting a TV spot today announcing the trailer on Monday so I wonder when that could be dropping…

it’s not fast. The teaser trailer was pretty late

20:30 Eastern Standard Time (Monday)
17:30 Pacific Standard Time (Monday)
02:30 Central European Time (Tuesday)
01:30 British Summer Time (Tuesday)

I hope my conversions are right on this.

Last edited:
08:30 Eastern Standard Time (Monday)
17:30 Pacific Standard Time (Monday)
02:30 Central European Time (Tuesday)
01:30 British Summer Time (Tuesday)

I hope my conversions are right on this.
I do know that Pacific Time is 3 hours earlier than Eastern Time in the US. So if it's noon on the east coast, it's 9AM in California (for example.....because that's where I am so it must be important). There might be other Eastern Times and that's the one you're talking about or something like that or other Pacific Times or whatever.

I do know that Pacific Time is 3 hours earlier than Eastern Time in the US. So if it's noon on the east coast, it's 9AM in California (for example.....because that's where I am so it must be important). There might be other Eastern Times and that's the one you're talking about or something like that or other Pacific Times or whatever.
Thanks. So something like this I think.

20:30 Eastern Standard Time (Monday) (8:30PM)
17:30 Pacific Standard Time (Monday) (5:30PM)
02:30 Central European Time (Tuesday) (2:30AM)
01:30 British Summer Time (Tuesday) (1:30AM)

Thanks. So something like this I think.

20:30 Eastern Standard Time (Monday) (8:30PM)
17:30 Pacific Standard Time (Monday) (5:30PM)
02:30 Central European Time (Tuesday) (2:30AM)
01:30 British Summer Time (Tuesday) (1:30AM)
If British Summer Time is where London is, that looks right because I do know that London is 5 hours ahead of New York (Eastern Time).

Anyway, the whole point is that I'm psyched. I get to see it at 5:30 and other people see it later. :funny:

I feel like we the Europeans got the short hand of the stick on this one. Thankfully I’m off on Tuesday so I’m definitely going to be very awake at 2:30. :D

sleep-wakeup.gif

Why are there no men in the Valkyries?
I asked a question first. What would you call the nonbinary ruler of Asgard?

Let's be real. You've ignored the existence of nonbinary people this entire time, while complaining about a strict adherence to the gender binary. You have said that that depending on their "gender" they would be either a king or queen, which supports this. That itself, is a bigoted statement and your constant need to jump around it, is not helping your case. Neither is this response:

What stopped him? Or any other man who would want to be?
The point there is a little boy growing up and wanting to be Valkyrie is, get this, normal and good. There should be no such gender specific restrictions placed on kids, so they can explore themselves and be who they are. Even if they don't fit the gender norms constructed by society. But you, you argue against this.

So now answer the question, what would you call a nonbinary Asgardian ruler?

English is my 3rd language.

But its you who didnt understand my post.

I wrote quite clearly that ONE movie ago Asgard had a Queen. Thats Hela. In Ragnarok. She declared herself Queen.

I also clearly wrote that I do care for culture, language and the meaning of words. That is why I am against the belittling of the word "queen" and other female variations of titles.

If a "male king" was queer and found himself a husband he wouldnt become a queen. There is no wife in male/male marriages.

Hela is a traditionalist whose motivation was to Make Asgard Great Again. Of course she would declare herself to be Queen and would be deeply and dangerously offended if a female head of state declared herself to be otherwise.

That's not Valkyrie, who in addition to being bisexual is far from a traditional Asgardian ruler. Taking the title of Queen may seem dated to someone like Val, so she opted for the title of King.

I feel like we the Europeans got the short hand of the stick on this one. Thankfully I’m off on Tuesday so I’m definitely going to be very awake at 2:30. :D

sleep-wakeup.gif
Australians have copped it the hardest :funny: mid day Tuesday for us!

Hela is a traditionalist whose motivation was to Make Asgard Great Again. Of course she would declare herself to be Queen and would be deeply and dangerously offended if a female head of state declared herself to be otherwise.

That's not Valkyrie, who in addition to being bisexual is far from a traditional Asgardian ruler. Taking the title of Queen may seem dated to someone like Val, so she opted for the title of King.

I understand that you are telling me what Valkyrie's view of things might be. I think its fair for me to wait and watch the movie before I try to bash it.

But hypothetically, if the female title is antiquated and not worth using anymore, then so is the male title, because they are exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"