Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

TLT has been filming for 3 months now and they’re basically 75% done. Filming wraps in June apparently.

I lined the cast, for the most part, according to the time they spent filming which should translate into the size of the roles.

Cast:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Christian Bale - Gorr the God Butcher
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Taika Waititi - Korg
Jeff Goldblum - The Grandmaster
Chris Pratt - Star Lord
Vin Diesel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket
Karen Gillian - Nebula
Dave Bautista - Drax
Sean Gunn - Kraglin
Pom Klementieff - Mantis
Matt Damon - Actor Loki
Sam Neill - Actor Odin
Luke Hemsworth - Actor Thor
Melissa Mccarthy - Actress Hela
Russell Crowe - Zeus

still no BRB...

Just came across this by accident:

Anyone else feeling the love for Ian Boothby?

I’m still in awe of this cast. Still missing on that sweet graph is Vin Diesel and
Bradley Cooper though.

Last edited:
After scouring the internet for more TLT info i managed to found a couple of fresh and legit golden nuggets.
It's actually quite interesting and intriguing stuff.
- Asgard has become somewhat of a tourist attraction.
- The Valkyries have been reassembled.
- We'll travel to the planet of Indigarr.
- We'll travel to Sparta, meet spartan warriors and their gods.
- We'll see Hogun again.

Last edited:
After scouring the internet for more TLT info i managed to found a couple of fresh and legit golden nuggets.
It's actually quite interesting and intriguing stuff.
We'll travel to Sparta, meet spartan warriors and their gods.

So I guess that means that
Kratos
is confirmed?

Also, the idea that New Asgard is a tourist attraction is cool and is actually consistent with the fact that in one of the early drafts of Far From Home's script, Peter and his class were going to visit New Asgard on their trip.

So I guess that means that
Kratos
is confirmed?
I would say that is more likely to see
Ares
Since they already hinted at him in Ragnarok.
Also, the idea that New Asgard is a tourist attraction is cool and is actually consistent with the fact that in one of the early drafts of Far From Home's script, Peter and his class were going to visit New Asgard on their trip.
Yeh and it’s consistent with the concept art shown by Taika on Instagram.
Another potential big thing is the reappearance of Hogun and the rumored return of Heimdall as well. We could be going to Valhalla or even meeting Hela again.

New Asgard as a tourist attraction? Korg as tour guide please!

Thor director Taika Waititi reveals why Chris Hemsworth is the perfect superhero | Daily Mail Online
When asked how filming for the blockbuster is going, Taika said: 'Great - we've got four weeks left, I can see light at the end of the tunnel. It might be the best Marvel film ever!'
Speaking about Hemsworth specifically, the Kiwi director praised the Aussie hunk's sense of humour.

'He is a funny guy, he's a good friend and he's also someone that you just want to hang out with all the time,' he said.

'And I think that's all you really want from a superhero or a main character in your movie.'
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I knew if there was someone that can get Bale to hangout with his co-stars, it’ll be Crowe. :funny:

I knew if there was someone that can get Bale to hangout with his co-stars, it’ll be Crowe. :funny:

Why is Bale in a cowboy hat? And who is that blonde woman in front of him and the other one she's talking to? Is it his wife?

I know SBC just happens living there...but SBC as BRB...

Why is Bale in a cowboy hat? And who is that blonde woman in front of him and the other one she's talking to? Is it his wife?
That’s Sacha Baron Cohen in the hat. And the blonde lady at the front looks like Rita Ora, who is apparently maybe dating Taika?

Yeah the one wearing white is Rita Ora and I think the one she’s talking to (with her back turned away from the camera) is Bale’s daughter.

ETA: Oh wait, I don’t think that’s his daughter. I just saw another pic and she’s wearing purple so IDK who that is.

That’s Sacha Baron Cohen in the hat. And the blonde lady at the front looks like Rita Ora, who is apparently maybe dating Taika?

So Bale is talking to Cohen? I know Cohen is tall so would make others look short next to him. Bale has his hand on a woman's shoulder. Is that his wife?

So Bale is talking to Cohen? I know Cohen is tall so would make others look short next to him. Bale has his hand on a woman's shoulder. Is that his wife?
Bale is talking to Crowe. Don’t know who those other women are.

Bale is talking to Crowe. Don’t know who those other women are.

Bale has shaved his head? Obviously I can't pick him out of a line up. But I wouldn't recognise Crow either.

That woman with Bale must be his wife then.

Bale's wife better not be that man SBC is talking to since your label is above him. But why does that man have his arm round her then?

Is Isla Fisher in this movie?

A few take aways from Taika’s comments.
- 4 weeks left of filming. That lines up with early reports that it will film until June, so a total of a shade over 4 months.
- Putting the bar high as possibly “the best Marvel film ever”. Jokingly or not those are some confident comments. :)
- Last but not least, he confirmed once again that Chris Hemsworth is the main character of TLT.

I know SBC just happens living there...but SBC as BRB...
I’d buy that for a dollar. That would be unexpected and awesome.

Also i saw rumors/speculation that Isla Fisher could be playing Aphrodite from the Greek pantheon along side Russel Crowe as Zeus.

Bale's wife better not be that man SBC is talking to since your label is above him. But why does that man have his arm round her then?
That arm is not that dude's, lol. There's a shorter woman who was hugging Bale's wife. You can see part of her face. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"